New Ireland Assurance

New Ireland Assurance Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews
My c view is of a sales job can comment on indoor position
I worked with New Ireland assurance for over 25 years commencing in the mid 80s.It was a fabulous place to work in with good training tough management but very fair. Basic salary was small but it was very easy to make a decent income from bonuses comissions etc. We had preferential car loans mortages pension scheme and incentive schemes.
In later years new ireland was bougjt over by one of our major banks and unfourtanately they treat therir staff similar to junior bank employees. I loved the industry but would advise my own children not to go near them as sales rep. sales staff dont stay very long with them anymore as irs a comission only position!!!
Pros
Earn what you want no capping on bonoses
Cons
Owned by a banking dragon with no interest in people
Except company to work with.
I enjoyed my time with New Ireland. I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the head office staff & support are excellent. I loved dealing with my clients & building lasting professional relationships with them.
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
Long hours.
Forward thinking workplace, great relationship between teams and managment
A typical day at work would consist of. attending to a rota. The hardest part of the job was the volume of scanning. And making sure to adhere to strict guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction and knowing you were helping internal and external customers.

The workplace culture was great in terms of the interaction between different departments and management ,whenever help was needed or guidance. What i learned was that it is vital to learn how to listen and know, you represent the company at all times.
Pros
Casual Friday was a pro. And there was a sports and social team also.
Cons
We had a very early start in my team we had to start at half seven.
Not great
If you have the stomach for the office tactics you will fair well. This is not an environment where hard work is appreciated, many years thought me that. If your not best friends with your managers life will be hard.
I found New Ireland Assurance to be a great place to work. Good work/life balance, nice atmosphere, and flexi hours. Also good opportunities for further training.
Pros
Flexi hours, good atmosphere to work in.
Great atmosphire
Excellent parnert and admosphire. Excellent location in city centre. Flexible schedule.

The equipment to jobs are in very good condition even some are news
long live flexi time
Flexi time is a great advantage, something not offered by many companies. Overall, the level of stress and lack of support from management does not reflect the level of pay. There are also no Christmas bonuses, which were removed by the current CEO
Interesting place to work
Really great place to work. Reason I left was I wanted to re-locate outside Dublin.