New Look
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 31 March 2020

New Look Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Great team-working environment, all staff members co-operate and respect each other. Flexible hours and guaranteed to receive more than contracted hours. Good communication in the work place. Fast-paced environment and constantly on the go which I liked.
Overworked and underpaid
It used to be a great company to work for but now there are unrealistic targets and expectations and the resources aren't provided by the company to achieve these. Also seriously understaffed and don't ever get peace even after working hours.
New Look is a great place to work, it can be very busy specially on sale time, but you just need to give the best of you and everything will go smoothly, the management is very friendly, always there to help.
normal
if u are looking for something to get quick money just put it clothes in the right place and no talk with nobody at all, this is your place.
Unprofessional management
Management tend to come up the ranks without formal qualifications and it shows. Management are 1 clique so if 1 doesn’t like you, none do. If 1 manager leaves, they are replaced by a supervisor who isn’t trained, doesn’t have formal qualifications, or experience and this shows with the way staff are treated as they usually can’t cope and take the frustration out on staff. Shifts are badly organized and if you can’t do a ‘last minute’ request to come in, staff are told they are uncooperative & told they might not get their requested leave as a result. Most of the staff are really lovely and it would be a great place to work if professional management were recruited. The work is good, usual retail work.
Pros
Discount, fellow staff, city center location
Cons
Management, understaffed
good
my typical day in new look would be merchandising the store and replenishing, and doing standards.
I learned everything I know from new look.

the hardest part about the job is tasking on a busy day.
Terrible experience
Very badly oraginised branch and would not recommend working here unless you enjoy getting your weeks rota not even a full day in advance. Which is illegal by the way. Wasn’t even properly trained in, was simply thrown onto the floor and told to work away with what I thought should be done. Also the management have a snarky air to them. Not a very nice environment to work in at all. Especially for students as they are very uncooperative about the excessive hours you have to work in which you are not contracted for (was contracted for 8 hours and ended up working up to 30.) This is obviously because nobody in management is willing to find someone else to work in the place full time. And for good reason too. The place is barely hanging by a thread.
Cons
Excessive amount of hours for students, lack of cooperation when asking for less hours
did not enjoy my time working here.
Most of the workers were not welcoming and had given me a hardtime adjusting to work the enviroment there, including suprivisers. Felt unwelcome at times.
Fun place to work with great staff discount but poor work-life balance and frequency of payment.
A very fast-paced environment to work in
Great staff discount and got on very well with all staff

Various opportunities to advance within the company

However there is a poor work-home balance with rosters changing continuously making it hard to plan your home life. Often called in at the last minute also

Payed monthly which is also extremely hard to budget when you are on a small contract.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
poor work-home balance, payed monthly, sometimes poor hours
Productive and fun workplace
Great place to work , enjoyed my short christmas staff role.
fellow staff members were always friendly and helpful.

if i was unable to work a certain shift it could be easily swapped for others.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor pay for under 18's
Great working enviroment
Great place to work as it is a friendly working environment
management in new look is great too everything is very organized and you are set tasks and goals every morning before starting your shift. I got the proper training before starting which was helpful
Pros
great colleagues organized management
Good job for part-time/students.
good place to work, if looking part-time or a student etc, not good if wanting full time as its not available and will only work 4/5 days at 4/6hr shifts max. Unrealistic targets to meet by head office. Can grow easily within, only if you are fully flexible but. 50% discount for yourself and "1" other person. 25% family/friends vouchers available.
Pros
Room to grow if fully flexible. 50% discount for you and "1" other.
Cons
4hr shifts........ 6 at most.
not good
HR are not helpful if you have a problem they will make it worse.

It's who you know rather than hiring the best people.

They will set you up to fail .
Pros
discount
Cons
underpaid
Workplace
Worked part time during school years! Management was good thrived to get the best from you, very fast paced company. Not much in house progression but fun to work
Pros
Work
Fun work environment
i enjoyed working for new look, the hours were long and it was very tiring on your feet all day. But you were kept busy on the floor and restocking etc
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good atmosphere and nice people
I worked in New Look at Christmas and even during the stressful period of hustle and bustle. The workers were fun to work with, always keeping a positibe attitude and trying to reach their usual goals even when its harder to do during a busy period.
Good workplace
Treated very nicely. Nice company to work for. I worked in the shoe department, where i sorted the shoes in the right areas and took in the stock and put it on the shelves.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
salary
hard and unpleasant
i used to love working in this shop, made so many friends and learned so much. However, since the company was bought and the hours were cut across the board it is a horrible place to work. Understaffed, overtasked and underpaid for the level of stress and harshness of some members of management. the lack of security within my shop means we the assistants have to follow and stop shoplifters whom often threaten and intimidate us. would not recommend anyone to work here unless the CEO's stop being so money hungry and actually give us some hours so we can run the shop in a way that makes sense!
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
long shifts, horrible management, overworked, underpaid
Very good place to work
Very good place to work, very nice people and a great working environment, I liked working out in the shop I didn't really like working in the stock room
Attitude
As well as being hard-working and reliable, I am also very happy to work on my own initiative. I have always enjoyed an excellent working relationship with my colleagues and team members in my career to date.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Rude management
Good workplace and lovely staff
New look is a good place to work in but it can be very stressful when they don't have enough staff In , understaff is a big problem with new look it can be very stressful but I've always just got on with my work and tried my hardest
Pros
Getting discounts
Cons
Not having enough staff in