New Look
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

New Look Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,769 reviews
Great team-working environment, all staff members co-operate and respect each other. Flexible hours and guaranteed to receive more than contracted hours. Good communication in the work place. Fast-paced environment and constantly on the go which I liked.
Got offered a 12 hour contract but did 38 hours a week and didn't have a choice. Managers knew I relied on public transport which would take me at least half an hour to get there yet rang me up constantly shouting at me to get there in 10 minutes to cover someone else's shift. Huge staff turnover. People either walk out due to bad treatment or are fired for no reason. Floor staff consists of gossipy teenage girls who would report people to managers and order temps around even though they had no authority over them. Got called a sl*t for being friends with a male member of staff. Managers would always take the customers side and allow them to scream at staff until we cried. Managers would also encourage competition and reward people for throwing their colleagues under the bus. Do not work here if you value your mental health. Worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Decent pay and breaks
Cons
Catty staff and managers, full time hours advertised as part time, bullying, basically everything
Absolutely love new look! The most amazing place to work! Management and colleagues are amazing. Rotas three weeks in advance! So enjoyable and I did an apprenticeship there and now I’m a team member! Amazing! They help you through so much!
Pros
Everything!!
Cons
Nothing, everything’s amazing!
Make great friends and amazing 40% off can always work around you if you have kids or other responsibilities. Everyone is friendly and always looking to help
Pros
Discount, adaptable hours to suit your needs
My review was very fair and knowledge ., it reflected on current climate and customer focus , customers are the first thing you think of and the last , making sure the store is always ready for opening
Pros
Good combination of everything
Cons
A diverse work space. I had started out as a sales assistant and subsequently moved to floor manager assistant where I was dealing with customers first hand. Other roles include stock checking and floor organising.
Newlook is a family more than a team. This may not be so of all stores due to the the size of stores but very true in the smaller stores. Supporting family life and adjusting work life to suit each individual. Encouraging self improvement and learning
Pros
Happy, fulfilled workplace
Cons
Too much temptation with the fast fashion
very good environment. had understanding and lovely managers, only had to leave due to exam stress. overall really good place to work. hours were flexible.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
sometimes boring
It is a fast paced environment, you must know you stock and store for customer satisfaction. Some KPIs and targets are difficult to meet if you do not work hard. Overall, loved the job and was perfect as a student. Plus the discount was motivation alone!
New look experience was ok. It was filled with benefits and some disadvantages in regards to work/life balance as rota's always changed based on the demand of the business.

My income was not always consistent.
I worked here for several years and anyone that is thinking of applying to work here, don’t bother! I was persistently bullied by management, they breached all private and confidentiality on more than one occasion, targets aren’t realistic, they discriminate individuals with mental health issues, it’s a “one rule for one, another for someone else”, certain supervisors are power hungry - rude - lazy, if your face doesn’t fit then you don’t stand a chance and I could continue the list but I’d be here all night.

This company thinks they can continue to get away with how they treat their staff because employees are to scared to speak up otherwise they are discriminated for having an opinion.

STAY AWAY!!!
Très bien chaleureux franchement super équipe a refaire
New Look allows you to dress to express yourself and welcomes people from all backgrounds/ages. It is usually a fast paced working environemnt which keeps each shift interesting. A usual shift is spent on feet all day and keeping active, interacting with customers and aiding them with their purchases and queries.
The job at new look was a temporary job over the festive period, and was a fast paced environment due to high demand. Coworkers and customers were kind and polite. Have great memories there and a fun experience.
Absolutely awful. They don’t pay enough compared to what they expect you to do. Expectations too high even when you go above and beyond. Under staffed always and they allow bitchiness
Pros
40% off
Cons
No social life balance
Working at new look can be stressful and non stop as there is always something to be done. But the staff are really friendly and always help each other to get everything done correctly and on time
Great place to work with good benefits like getting 40% off the products. The people that I work with are very friendly and lovely. Can be a fast paced environment at times
Management was awful in all the time I was there. They never have any respect for their staff. All they cared about was the KPI targets and if you didn't hit your target then it got brought up. Pay is rubbish and are the hours they give you when you are in a 4 or 8 hour contract
bonne expériences, très bonne relation avec les responsables de région. j'ai aimé l'ambiance globale. je déplore une mauvaise gestion de l'UK;
During my 5 years the business went through constant change and unfortunately resulted in a lot of uncertainty. In turn that presents challenges in having a positive impact on staff morale and consequently staff turn over was alway high.
The management would sort the rotors to benefit themselves, prioritising holidays for non term times and weekends.

Only offering short contracts but forcing you flex up to double and then getting you to do even more hours because of poor management.

You get a good staff discount at 50% but are also asked to purchase the latest lines of clothes to wear as your uniform.