New Look

New Look Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,802 reviews
The money is okay but getting paid once a month just is not enough . Which means you may have to work a couple of weeks to get your first payment. It’s was a hood company to work for the work itself was great just the staff not so friendly
Pros
Lunch discount and clothes discount
Cons
Non set hours
The management staff were welcoming and lovely, and it was an open environment where I felt like part of the team. The pay was good as a supervisor, and the work life balance was ideal.
Pros
40% discount, nice people
Cons
Long days and long opening hours
I worked at New Look for over a year and absolutely loved it, all my colleagues were very friendly lovely and management were understanding and kind (this made for good staff nights out). Unfortunately there wasn’t many hours available and I was only promised 4 hours a week in my contract so some months I wouldn’t even make enough to pay my rent which forced me into getting another job.If you’re a student or looking for a first job; New Look is the place. Short + long shifts available, sometimes there was night shifts available which I loved.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
Not many hours available
Why couldn’t New Look was my first job. I was working there even though I was at university the management was amazing very friendly and I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great team
Cons
All staff in their own cliques and will be very standoffish with any new staff and make them feel very unwanted. Management don’t really seem to care if you are struggling. Staff talked about you on the shop floor while you were in ear reach and made it very aware they didn’t like you.
Pros
Very good staff discount
Cons
Difficult team
This was my first employment after arriving to the UK in October 2014. I worked nights for 30 months then days for another 4. First, it took me 7 months to become a full-time employee and this period was pretty much challenging as I was trained only for picking and packing. After that, I recieved lots of trainings in many areas, such as returns, hanging to flat, all kinds of putaway and later on days, I got trained on many other tasks as a Stock Control Team Member. I've been knocked out with back pain so dayshift became my second run from the agency again, a year and a half after leaving nights. Keep in mind that the only option to get trained for several tasks is when you're contracted by the company, otherwise you stand no chance at all. So it's quite tireful to serve on the same department for a long time. There were years so busy during the Christmas period when full-time colleagues were paid triple rates on Dec 24th and 25th + double on overtimes between 26th and January 2nd. I really loved to attend triple-paid shifts as they generated over £300 from a single shot on my payslips. Since they cancelled these options in 2017, it's no longer possible to make it up to £2300 in January as these overtimes were paid next month after New Year's Eve. These days, it's really hard to achieve a full-time contract, I knew people who waited over a year to get their own. It's OK to work there when the business is booming, but don't expect miracles on long term, it's a deep lie to earn a contract after 12 weeks of probation.
Pros
Various traings for full-time staff to support other departments, easy money on some tasks, free hot and cold drinks
Cons
Terrible management, long hours, unpaid breaks, full-time LPF level 1 staff earns the same money as agency staff
I work in the Wick store and everyone is friendly. The manager is helpful and supportive towards my difficulties. I've worked there for over 9 years as a cleaner for 7 years and a sales advisor for 2 years.
Pros
40% staff discount, 25% friends and family discount, Perks at work online discounts too, Great staff website very informative.
Cons
Its very fast paced.
I am currently a supervisor at New Look & I have thoroughly enjoyed my time. I have learnt from a range of managers from multiple stores. It is alot of learning whilst working & not actually being trained but it’s all part of the experience. Definitely a great company to work for.
Pros
40% staff discount. First look at new lines. Great Work/Personal life balance
Cons
Poor training programmes
Great staff discountIf you work in a big store the hours are very sctattered, early mornings and late shifts expected.Work over Christmas if a downfall
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working late shifts and weekends/holidays
Everything is very cloak & dagger - they don’t keep the staff informed! Could be a great place to work.Shame about the senior management - other staff are lovely.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Stressful
Good things: New look was great with the right management in charge and team spirit was always good. Busy and think on your feet job with room to progress. Always a challenge and clear, concise company guidelines and culture. Bad things: often being lumped with worries and stress that were unnecessary especially on younger members of staff. Cattiness and belittling from management to staff. Forced to buy and promote new look clothing.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours and stress
I have worked here 22 yrs and for the last 10 yrs you never knew if u was next for the chop! Horrible cut throat environment. No Care for employees, no thought for loyalty and commitment. They will look for ways to get rid first chance they get. Remove policies and processes to make it easier to get rid of long standing loyal employees
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Does not care for employees at all
Would 100% not recommend working for this company!!! Manager is a bully pretends to care but in fact will put you down no matter how hard you try to please. Do not turn up without makeup on, you will get put down for it as well as “customer won’t want to buy if you don’t look your best.” Morning staff had no makeup on that day and got told to “at least go put some lipstick on”. It should be same rules for all but actually just depends what mood she is in with you that day and well if she isn’t then your in for a bad shift. Manager, deputy manager and supervisors are all really bad for talking about each other and staff and not in a good way. They exchange messages about staff members, one minute they like you the next they don’t. They don’t even like each other, have witnessed them all talk about each other. The manager doesn’t even like the supervisor she hired. This isn’t even half of it, I’m sure if you go in and ask the staff they will tell you what it’s like that’s if she has any staff left as no one sticks around long because of these reasons.
Pros
40% discount (still not worth it)
Cons
Mentally abusing
Lovely place to work I spent 10 years of my life working for newlook great relaxed job made friends for life and generous discount, get given a staff card that you can use in every Newlook world wide.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Staff cut backs
The interview process was easy, and I was offered the job the next day. I thought the interview must’ve gone really well to be offered the job so quickly, but clearly it was because people leave constantly. My biggest complaint is the management team. The supervisor clearly took a disliking to me the minute I started (I hadn’t stepped a toe out of line) and the two managers were very two faced. It all seemed ok at first but as time went on I understood why my colleagues hated working there. Trying to sort out hours etc was practically impossible and you’d usually be guilt tripped into doing them otherwise the managers would treat you even worse. I was given a 12 hour shift despite being part time on 16 hrs a week minimum and treated as if I’d volunteered to do it in the first place! The managers are very unwelcoming to staff with mental health issues, and they have very clear favorites they turn a blind eye to when they see them slacking. So definitely don’t bother, or try applying to a different store.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Une directrice qui n’aurait jamais d’eu l’être Elle aurait du être gardienne de cellule ça lui correspondait bien mieux
Pros
Bon formateur de vente
Cons
Management horrible
Workers work tirelessly all day and managers sit at their desks or just walk around the work place all day. They dont physically help out or do the workload. Its pointless to be a manager. The workers get thousands lower pay with 12hr shifts and on our feet the entire time. Whereas the managers just talk amongst themselves and stare at their computers or just rack up around 20miles of walking around the warehouse.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and underpaid
Brilliant place to boost your confidence and grow your skills, you learn communication skills as you will be communicating with a lot of customers and time skills. The workplace culture is very friendly and you will come out with some amazing friends
Entreprise qui a fermé son réseau français pour sauver la maison mère anglaise.
Great place to work, You get trained well, more hrs means u learn faster, modules to test your knowledge so the company know u know what you're doing.
Pros
40% staff discount. 50% on rare occasion. Friends and Family vouchers, more hours if lucky.
Cons
4hr contracts, hours go up or down, no financial security, not enough to pay bills.
To be honest, the new look I worked in was fun. The colleagues were all lovely and we all got along well. We all helped eachother and the environment was very peaceful. However, the manager that was there at the time was very unprofessional, so when she was in there was always a bad energy around, but besides the manager it was a really fun, easy going place to work in. Sometimes the customers will be disrespectful they will see you keeping the shop floor tidy and will deliberately drop an item on the floor IN YOUR FACE.
Pros
Discount on clothes, lovely colleagues, always on your toes.
Cons
Poor pay, sometimes rude customers.
  1. Employee reviews