New Look
Coronavirus update
Information from New Look:

New Look Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork6 reviews
Typical day at is getting delivery in and processed before store opening, setting the store up with tills out and tidy store for opening. when the store opens its all about staff deligation making sure the right staff are in the right place for customer service and making sure all company guidelines are maintained throughout the day. I learn new things everyday with all the different reports we read. All management work together in there which makes it a lot easier to communicate tasks and issues. I believe in treating my co-workers well and prefer to work with them instead of against them. I do find the hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to get everything done. I love the fashion and merchandising aspect of my role.
Pros
Discount
Benefits
if u are looking for something to get quick money just put it clothes in the right place and no talk with nobody at all, this is your place.
Management tend to come up the ranks without formal qualifications and it shows. Management are 1 clique so if 1 doesn’t like you, none do. If 1 manager leaves, they are replaced by a supervisor who isn’t trained, doesn’t have formal qualifications, or experience and this shows with the way staff are treated as they usually can’t cope and take the frustration out on staff. Shifts are badly organized and if you can’t do a ‘last minute’ request to come in, staff are told they are uncooperative & told they might not get their requested leave as a result. Most of the staff are really lovely and it would be a great place to work if professional management were recruited. The work is good, usual retail work.
Pros
Discount, fellow staff, city center location
Cons
Management, understaffed
Very badly oraginised branch and would not recommend working here unless you enjoy getting your weeks rota not even a full day in advance. Which is illegal by the way. Wasn’t even properly trained in, was simply thrown onto the floor and told to work away with what I thought should be done. Also the management have a snarky air to them. Not a very nice environment to work in at all. Especially for students as they are very uncooperative about the excessive hours you have to work in which you are not contracted for (was contracted for 8 hours and ended up working up to 30.) This is obviously because nobody in management is willing to find someone else to work in the place full time. And for good reason too. The place is barely hanging by a thread.
Cons
Excessive amount of hours for students, lack of cooperation when asking for less hours
Very good place to work, very nice people and a great working environment, I liked working out in the shop I didn't really like working in the stock room
I enjoy been hands on and in newlook its a store the defiantly needs people that are hands on the needs to make quick commercial decisions to react to the current customer flow