New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,669 reviews
Unprofessional management
Part time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Opera Lane, Cork11 August 2019
Management tend to come up the ranks without formal qualifications and it shows. Management are 1 clique so if 1 doesn’t like you, none do. If 1 manager leaves, they are replaced by a supervisor who isn’t trained, doesn’t have formal qualifications, or experience and this shows with the way staff are treated as they usually can’t cope and take the frustration out on staff. Shifts are badly organized and if you can’t do a ‘last minute’ request to come in, staff are told they are uncooperative & told they might not get their requested leave as a result. Most of the staff are really lovely and it would be a great place to work if professional management were recruited. The work is good, usual retail work.
Pros
Discount, fellow staff, city center location
Cons
Management, understaffed
Terrible experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork Opera Lane16 February 2019
Very badly oraginised branch and would not recommend working here unless you enjoy getting your weeks rota not even a full day in advance. Which is illegal by the way. Wasn’t even properly trained in, was simply thrown onto the floor and told to work away with what I thought should be done. Also the management have a snarky air to them. Not a very nice environment to work in at all. Especially for students as they are very uncooperative about the excessive hours you have to work in which you are not contracted for (was contracted for 8 hours and ended up working up to 30.) This is obviously because nobody in management is willing to find someone else to work in the place full time. And for good reason too. The place is barely hanging by a thread.
Cons
Excessive amount of hours for students, lack of cooperation when asking for less hours
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland20 October 2017
Worked part time during school years! Management was good thrived to get the best from you, very fast paced company. Not much in house progression but fun to work
Pros
Work
Fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway10 October 2017
i enjoyed working for new look, the hours were long and it was very tiring on your feet all day. But you were kept busy on the floor and restocking etc
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 August 2017
Treated very nicely. Nice company to work for. I worked in the shoe department, where i sorted the shoes in the right areas and took in the stock and put it on the shelves.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
salary
hard and unpleasant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 July 2017
i used to love working in this shop, made so many friends and learned so much. However, since the company was bought and the hours were cut across the board it is a horrible place to work. Understaffed, overtasked and underpaid for the level of stress and harshness of some members of management. the lack of security within my shop means we the assistants have to follow and stop shoplifters whom often threaten and intimidate us. would not recommend anyone to work here unless the CEO's stop being so money hungry and actually give us some hours so we can run the shop in a way that makes sense!
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
long shifts, horrible management, overworked, underpaid
Attitude
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway31 January 2017
As well as being hard-working and reliable, I am also very happy to work on my own initiative. I have always enjoyed an excellent working relationship with my colleagues and team members in my career to date.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Rude management
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 April 2016
its one of the best retail shop to work in so buzz go laugh good hours to work around your life and and full of sound people plus 50% off your cloths
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Galway13 October 2015
Good place to work.
Friendly staff.
Good discounts.
Learning processes good.
Good opportunities.
Good training provided.
Lovely place to work, enjoyable and beneficial.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arklow, WW2 September 2015
Typically, stock is priced, organised/ 'blocked' into sections of colour, style and size around the shop. One section per person/ group for however long assigned. As well as carrying out a task given, you are helping customers along the way with any queries they may have, being pleasant and greeting as many people as possible. Tidying up surrounding areas for any spillages or dangerous items. I learned how to be more customer - friendly in situations, how to think on my feet. pricing items, checking the cash registers in the morning and the evening for the correct amount. Counting and recording moneys and vouchers for each till. My co-workers were lovely, as well as the management. They were assertive in what they wanted done as well as being welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of the job for me was to adjust to long hours of standing and being energetic as well as helping every customer with their particular needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made someone smile or that you have helped make someone's day easier however possible (and of course the pay check at the end!)
Pros
50% discount
Cons
few / short breaks
Fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, DL2 May 2015
having a positive attitude is the key, being able to work as part of a team and also off your own initiative. you have to have a hunger for prividing customer service. Briilliant job!
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Sales Assitant (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, D17 March 2015
A typical day at work changes depending on the time my shift starts at, when i am in on an early shift it consists of recovering the floor from the day before i.e. maintaining the floor, making sure all rails are cleared and then more staff arrive, we have the team talk and areas are assigned by the management and then we open the shop and begin to work on the tasks assigned. The late shifts is similar to the early morning shift with the exception of maintaining the floor and clearing the rails.

I have learned how to work at a high pace and deal with customers both on a busy day especially during sale periods and a calm day, i am now till trained, i can use scanners for price checking, stock availability and sizing, product recall and online returns.

My co-workers are excellent and we work great as a team in order to complete our tasks and meet the daily targets that are set.

The most challenging part of the job is the annual model store as everything has to be sized from small to big including footwear, the rails have to be fully standardized, and no fragment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when all tasks and delivery are kept on top of and also the recognition i get for my efforts.
Pros
50% off all newlook stock.
Cons
stock take.
Opportunistic and Flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D29 January 2015
An enjoyable, organised work place.
Flexibility to participate in other areas of the work place and take on longer hours on occasion.
Team work with fellow colleagues was well orchestrated to maintain a strong staff bond.
fun working places
sales assistance (Former Employee) –  Ireland dublin23 June 2014
it was enjoyable because the staff are close and very friendly towards each other and all help each other caring out tasks
Fun work place, great discount, not enough hours
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 October 2013
The discount is great and most of the staff are lovely however the work hours aren't distributed fairly
Pros
staff discount
Cons
unfair hours
Fun and enjoyable
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 December 2012
working on tills searving customers
improved on communication skills
The management where great as where my co-workers
Pros
discounted lunch