New Look
Coronavirus update
Information from New Look:

New Look Management reviews

Ireland47 reviews
Worked part time during school years! Management was good thrived to get the best from you, very fast paced company. Not much in house progression but fun to work
Pros
Work
It used to be a great company to work for but now there are unrealistic targets and expectations and the resources aren't provided by the company to achieve these. Also seriously understaffed and don't ever get peace even after working hours.
New Look is a great place to work, it can be very busy specially on sale time, but you just need to give the best of you and everything will go smoothly, the management is very friendly, always there to help.
Management tend to come up the ranks without formal qualifications and it shows. Management are 1 clique so if 1 doesn’t like you, none do. If 1 manager leaves, they are replaced by a supervisor who isn’t trained, doesn’t have formal qualifications, or experience and this shows with the way staff are treated as they usually can’t cope and take the frustration out on staff. Shifts are badly organized and if you can’t do a ‘last minute’ request to come in, staff are told they are uncooperative & told they might not get their requested leave as a result. Most of the staff are really lovely and it would be a great place to work if professional management were recruited. The work is good, usual retail work.
Pros
Discount, fellow staff, city center location
Cons
Management, understaffed
Very badly oraginised branch and would not recommend working here unless you enjoy getting your weeks rota not even a full day in advance. Which is illegal by the way. Wasn’t even properly trained in, was simply thrown onto the floor and told to work away with what I thought should be done. Also the management have a snarky air to them. Not a very nice environment to work in at all. Especially for students as they are very uncooperative about the excessive hours you have to work in which you are not contracted for (was contracted for 8 hours and ended up working up to 30.) This is obviously because nobody in management is willing to find someone else to work in the place full time. And for good reason too. The place is barely hanging by a thread.
Cons
Excessive amount of hours for students, lack of cooperation when asking for less hours
Great place to work as it is a friendly working environment
management in new look is great too everything is very organized and you are set tasks and goals every morning before starting your shift. I got the proper training before starting which was helpful
Pros
great colleagues organized management
HR are not helpful if you have a problem they will make it worse.

It's who you know rather than hiring the best people.

They will set you up to fail .
Pros
discount
Cons
underpaid
i used to love working in this shop, made so many friends and learned so much. However, since the company was bought and the hours were cut across the board it is a horrible place to work. Understaffed, overtasked and underpaid for the level of stress and harshness of some members of management. the lack of security within my shop means we the assistants have to follow and stop shoplifters whom often threaten and intimidate us. would not recommend anyone to work here unless the CEO's stop being so money hungry and actually give us some hours so we can run the shop in a way that makes sense!
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
long shifts, horrible management, overworked, underpaid
As well as being hard-working and reliable, I am also very happy to work on my own initiative. I have always enjoyed an excellent working relationship with my colleagues and team members in my career to date.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Rude management
Typical day at is getting delivery in and processed before store opening, setting the store up with tills out and tidy store for opening. when the store opens its all about staff deligation making sure the right staff are in the right place for customer service and making sure all company guidelines are maintained throughout the day. I learn new things everyday with all the different reports we read. All management work together in there which makes it a lot easier to communicate tasks and issues. I believe in treating my co-workers well and prefer to work with them instead of against them. I do find the hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to get everything done. I love the fashion and merchandising aspect of my role.
Pros
Discount
Benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Look?
Good place to work with decent management at most times. Could do with better communications with head office in regards to payroll,holiday etc. Other than that decent enough,the staff make a great environment to work in.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Varied hours
Typically, stock is priced, organised/ 'blocked' into sections of colour, style and size around the shop. One section per person/ group for however long assigned. As well as carrying out a task given, you are helping customers along the way with any queries they may have, being pleasant and greeting as many people as possible. Tidying up surrounding areas for any spillages or dangerous items. I learned how to be more customer - friendly in situations, how to think on my feet. pricing items, checking the cash registers in the morning and the evening for the correct amount. Counting and recording moneys and vouchers for each till. My co-workers were lovely, as well as the management. They were assertive in what they wanted done as well as being welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of the job for me was to adjust to long hours of standing and being energetic as well as helping every customer with their particular needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made someone smile or that you have helped make someone's day easier however possible (and of course the pay check at the end!)
Pros
50% discount
Cons
few / short breaks
We didn`t have a good team everybody did what they wanted.Management joung people without any managment skills.I learnd how to do stock takes, transfers,cash.
Pros
non
Cons
Non
A typical day at work changes depending on the time my shift starts at, when i am in on an early shift it consists of recovering the floor from the day before i.e. maintaining the floor, making sure all rails are cleared and then more staff arrive, we have the team talk and areas are assigned by the management and then we open the shop and begin to work on the tasks assigned. The late shifts is similar to the early morning shift with the exception of maintaining the floor and clearing the rails.

I have learned how to work at a high pace and deal with customers both on a busy day especially during sale periods and a calm day, i am now till trained, i can use scanners for price checking, stock availability and sizing, product recall and online returns.

My co-workers are excellent and we work great as a team in order to complete our tasks and meet the daily targets that are set.

The most challenging part of the job is the annual model store as everything has to be sized from small to big including footwear, the rails have to be fully standardized, and no fragment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when all tasks and delivery are kept on top of and also the recognition i get for my efforts.
Pros
50% off all newlook stock.
Cons
stock take.
i enjoyed my duties in new look, working with customer, helping them create the right outfit, changing the stores around. my co - workers were lovely all off us built strong friends ships except for few at management who could make the work environment very hostel and not very pleasant to work in.
Pros
customer satisfaction
Cons
management very unpleasant
Typical day was making sure department ran smoothly.Merchandising skills became more advanced. Some management skills as I had to make sure the department ran correctly.Hardest part of the job was re-merchandising menswear.
Pros
chances to advance in skills
Cons
not enough hours
I worked with the company New Look for many years. I consider New Look Knocknacarra, as a branch, to be one of the best New Look stores in the country. The management and team here are friendly and hard working and as long as you are willing to learn, they are willing to give you experience and training. I consider myself to be highly trained in Customer Service and that is all thanks to the staff at New Look Knocknacarra.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Has a small traffic of Customers
• Sales Advisor position where I deal with customers both on the shop floor and on the tills.
• Carry out various tasks including stock taking, working on the dressing rooms and organising the shop floor.

• Learned to work as part of a team, take direction from management and also deal with large numbers of customers on a daily basis.
working on tills searving customers
improved on communication skills

The management where great as where my co-workers
Pros
discounted lunch