New Look
Information from New Look:

New Look Employee Reviews

Ireland47 reviews
Productive work place
Great team-working environment, all staff members co-operate and respect each other. Flexible hours and guaranteed to receive more than contracted hours. Good communication in the work place. Fast-paced environment and constantly on the go which I liked.
hands on in a fast fashion pace business
I enjoy been hands on and in newlook its a store the defiantly needs people that are hands on the needs to make quick commercial decisions to react to the current customer flow
Fun workplace
its one of the best retail shop to work in so buzz go laugh good hours to work around your life and and full of sound people plus 50% off your cloths
nice place to work
Typical day at is getting delivery in and processed before store opening, setting the store up with tills out and tidy store for opening. when the store opens its all about staff deligation making sure the right staff are in the right place for customer service and making sure all company guidelines are maintained throughout the day. I learn new things everyday with all the different reports we read. All management work together in there which makes it a lot easier to communicate tasks and issues. I believe in treating my co-workers well and prefer to work with them instead of against them. I do find the hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to get everything done. I love the fashion and merchandising aspect of my role.
Pros
Discount
Benefits
Good place to work.
Friendly staff.

Good discounts.

Learning processes good.

Good opportunities.

Good training provided.
fun place to work
Good place to work with decent management at most times. Could do with better communications with head office in regards to payroll,holiday etc. Other than that decent enough,the staff make a great environment to work in.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Varied hours
Lovely place to work, enjoyable and beneficial.
Typically, stock is priced, organised/ 'blocked' into sections of colour, style and size around the shop. One section per person/ group for however long assigned. As well as carrying out a task given, you are helping customers along the way with any queries they may have, being pleasant and greeting as many people as possible. Tidying up surrounding areas for any spillages or dangerous items. I learned how to be more customer - friendly in situations, how to think on my feet. pricing items, checking the cash registers in the morning and the evening for the correct amount. Counting and recording moneys and vouchers for each till. My co-workers were lovely, as well as the management. They were assertive in what they wanted done as well as being welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of the job for me was to adjust to long hours of standing and being energetic as well as helping every customer with their particular needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made someone smile or that you have helped make someone's day easier however possible (and of course the pay check at the end!)
Pros
50% discount
Cons
few / short breaks
Work place
We didn`t have a good team everybody did what they wanted.Management joung people without any managment skills.I learnd how to do stock takes, transfers,cash.
Pros
non
Cons
Non
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Look?
Ambiente de trabajo muy agradable y buana organización
Fue una gran experiencia, aprendí a desarrollarme en el sector de atención al público a la vez que mejoraba el inglés.
Fun
having a positive attitude is the key, being able to work as part of a team and also off your own initiative. you have to have a hunger for prividing customer service. Briilliant job!
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
short breaks
A typical day at work changes depending on the time my shift starts at, when i am in on an early shift it consists of recovering the floor from the day before i.e. maintaining the floor, making sure all rails are cleared and then more staff arrive, we have the team talk and areas are assigned by the management and then we open the shop and begin to work on the tasks assigned. The late shifts is similar to the early morning shift with the exception of maintaining the floor and clearing the rails.

I have learned how to work at a high pace and deal with customers both on a busy day especially during sale periods and a calm day, i am now till trained, i can use scanners for price checking, stock availability and sizing, product recall and online returns.

My co-workers are excellent and we work great as a team in order to complete our tasks and meet the daily targets that are set.

The most challenging part of the job is the annual model store as everything has to be sized from small to big including footwear, the rails have to be fully standardized, and no fragment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when all tasks and delivery are kept on top of and also the recognition i get for my efforts.
Pros
50% off all newlook stock.
Cons
stock take.
Opportunistic and Flexible
An enjoyable, organised work place.
Flexibility to participate in other areas of the work place and take on longer hours on occasion.

Team work with fellow colleagues was well orchestrated to maintain a strong staff bond.
fun, informative and a great experience!
an average day in Lifestyle Sports included opening the store in the mornings, processing deliveries, keeping shop floor up to standards and shoppable, dealing with customer queries and complaints as well as till work!
Fun work place
i really enjoyed working with new look and got so much experience with the staff it was a fun work place and the staff where lovely bubbly staff
Pros
50% off all clothing
Cons
long hours as i cashed up at night
fun working places
it was enjoyable because the staff are close and very friendly towards each other and all help each other caring out tasks
enjoyable
i enjoyed my duties in new look, working with customer, helping them create the right outfit, changing the stores around. my co - workers were lovely all off us built strong friends ships except for few at management who could make the work environment very hostel and not very pleasant to work in.
Pros
customer satisfaction
Cons
management very unpleasant
A typical day at work was a four hour shift which consists of clear rail and tidying specific sections of clothing items and attending to customers with advise.

I learned how to deal with certain spontaneous customers from time to time.

My co-workers were absolutely lovely people, very easy going and friendly and also helpful.

The hardest part of the job was running around trying to clear each rail of clothing within minutes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers out and advising them in the right direction.
Interesting
I'm just doing work experience here, it is a nice place the people are helpful and friendly and i'm learning a lot.
Busy
every Wednesday mornings i got to work around 11:30 a.m and i finish at 7:30 p.m....the days of working there are gone i aint glad though! but its all over.. i very much enjoyed working and there i got to know alot of people, some people i knew worked there and it was a great way of meeting new people and listen to there side the stories about Miley Cyrus haha. my manager was very occupied but easy to get along with, shes very nice and sweet and makes sure thongs are done on the exact time haha do miss her alot, the way she used to shout at one of my co workers name across the shop and the way she always called me dervla hahah...the hardest part of the job was helping people find what they needed..i mean.. i wasn't used to the shop till last month ahaha...but it was pretty hard and embarrasing. the most enjoyable part of the job was trying on clothes for the costumers and modelling em' it was really fun and reallt funny because some other outfits were goofy and weird and it did make the costumers laugh alot but other than that the job was really fun and enjoyable ha!
Pros
Free accessories and eye make up such as mascara etc
Cons
Great fashion store for everyday prices
Typical day was making sure department ran smoothly.Merchandising skills became more advanced. Some management skills as I had to make sure the department ran correctly.Hardest part of the job was re-merchandising menswear.
Pros
chances to advance in skills
Cons
not enough hours
Fun work place, great discount, not enough hours
The discount is great and most of the staff are lovely however the work hours aren't distributed fairly
Pros
staff discount
Cons
unfair hours