Next PLC Employee Reviews

Found 77 reviews matching the search See all 3,502 reviews
0/10. Would not recommend.
Sale/Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 September 2019
Managers never praise for anything done well, and give out the second you slip up. No consideration for life outside of work, especially if you have kids. So if you like being over worked and physically drained for minimum wage then this is the place for you.
Pros
Staff are all lovely, and 25% discount in stores
Not great to work for.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 August 2019
Next give you great customer service training. Unfortunately length of service or experience is not reflected in their hourly rate .
Christmas hours are Hard
Worst employer of 2018
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Donegal place17 June 2019
I don't know about other stores but donegal place belfast 363 as they call it, used to be an amazing place to work ,I've worked there for 9 yrs and I am due to go back soon. The management years ago were great the store was very laid back and your discount is good. From 2018 I think it has gone downhill the senior management had changed and due to this next seen a huge amount of staff leave , strange why they havent realised it's all to do with one person who cant do her job. So with having no staff , we were so busy managers were ignorant cos they were being moaned at by the Mds , and now consultations are back where everyone has to reapply for their jobs which they already have. They need to look at themselves as managers and ask themselves why is so many people leaving and why is it that it's the people that have been here the longest , the need to retrain managers on how to speak and treat staff . Used to be a brilliant place to work but if you want a happy life stay away from next donegal place.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Assistant store management
Cliquey and Unprofessional
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Carrickmines, County Dublin28 May 2019
Whilst I enjoyed some elements of my time in Next (bonus most months, shift market workplace makes swapping shifts easy and efficient, fellow sales team members mostly friendly) the attitude of the managers, in particular one manager made it a very unprofessional workplace that reminded me to a point of being in school.
She would choose one of the younger girls each month, favour us give us the best shifts and allow us the best areas on the floor until the next month she would change her mind and choose someone else. However, her opinion dictated the opinion of other managers also. Despite reporting it several times, nothing was done.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
No hours, cliquey management
Very Bad Management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  County Limerick25 April 2019
Worked as a part time sales assistant on a temporary basis. My training was very hurried. The people are lovely but the management just want the job done, are not empathetic towards the employee. Always told you weren't doing the job right,never praised for how you dealt with a situation, or general attitude in store. We're expected to get a lot done in a short shift. Days can be very boring at times, but very short shifts. Would not recommend working here
Pros
Staff
Cons
Short hours, management
Customer-oriented work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin2 April 2019
I occupied a sales assistant role with ‘Next’, in which I learned a valuable set of customer related skills. Over the course of my contract, I provided outstanding customer service and consistently exceeded sales objectives.
Lovely atmosphere to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath29 March 2019
I really enjoyed my time here. Have a small child and was always accomadated if i had childcare issues etc. They were such a nice helpful bunch of people. Only reason i moved on was i got full time hours elsewhere
Bad Structure
Sales/Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath8 March 2019
Work for this company if you really are not family orientated, they do not consider people with families at all, it's all about the needs of the business, even to book holidays off you have to wait until store management book theirs first before they can approve yours to make sure you don't clash on weeks.
Next dundrum
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Next dundrum23 February 2019
Am working as a stockroom assistant for 8 months now. Very nice to work for. Tons of in store benefits. Managers are sound. Very flexible hours for me and great bunch I work with 👌
Pros
Lots of extra hours if u need $$$
Cons
No bonus from working all over Xmas :(
great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ireland14 November 2018
great place to work great staff and fiendlt rewarding work and great for meeting new friendys
always busy and something to do great for learning and meeting new people
Great team spirit
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo7 October 2018
The team work really well together. The day is busy and you have to work fast. The management are accommodating. Being friendly is very important part of the job. If you want to you can get trained on lots of areas. I love having flexibility with my hours, if I choose I can work 37 hours or stick to my contract hours. Pay is minimum rate but your can earn bonus which can add another euro per hour.
Pros
Flexible hours, great holidays, bonus
Cons
Minimum pay if you don't earn bonus
productive
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Limerick10 September 2018
There is always training and learning available to develop yourself in the business. you can develop yourself in all areas of the business. this is how i knew i would enjoy my accountancy course.
A company who does not care about its staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  County Dublin9 August 2018
Always felt out of touch with the management and even more so with those who were in control of the whole company. The worst part, though, was that I let myself be bullied by those who were meant to have my best interests, and I found that a lot of people on the team felt the same way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
30 min breaks for 8 hour shifts, bad management, unrealistically high expectations for low pay
good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 February 2018
Sale was hectic and mental, good if you want to be busy, but not great any other time of year. Rather quiet and hard to find anything to do. Grand for retail experience
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin ireland7 February 2018
a typical day at work would be on the cashier tills for me, dealing cash and customers throughout the day. I learned to work as a team, how to deal with all sorts of customers. the management was very good always very helpful whenever you had a problem or needed assistance. Everyone got on the work environment was good and peaceful.
High street fashion retailer. Fast moving environment.
Operations / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundrum10 January 2018
Customer service is the drive behind this business. Fast pace environment with short window turn around. Competitive and target driven .
Was a wonderful company to for. They provided alot of development and opportunities to develop yourself. Currently 11 year in the company and we have investrd alot of time and money into developing our technology . Through these advances we have been able to increase productivity, sales and replenishment.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Shift work
No job security
Temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork27 November 2017
Was payed late despite trying to contact numerous of times.

Next only ever seem to advertise for temporary jobs and when they are temporary it's you coming in on sales .e.t.c. to do the long and early mornings..which I didn't mind.

Staff friendly,got my lunch break as promised and so on but the hassle of being payed late turned me off.
Pros
Staff are friendly and your shown the ropes
Cons
Long hours and late payment
Good positive work environment and fast moving.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
Sales assistant and administration role: Resolving customer queries, remerchandising, and marketing of products, managing online orders queries, investigating stock turnover and store surplus, and operating daily store banking.
Team Environment
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  IE22 September 2017
Really well run company. training methods and operational processes are outstanding. staff bonus system is really fair. really felt like part of a team
Cons
Next Sales are too much. zero need to open at 5am.
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin29 August 2017
It can be very productive at times and can be a really good enviroment to work in , i think they need to up their game on the management side! They also do a lot of things backwords
Cons
Having to work stephens day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

41K