Nielsen
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,666 reviews
Service an average of 3 to 4 homes an day
You have to have great people skills

Assigned a company car

Assigned a work tool box

and tools
Pros
Drive a company car, drive 200 + miles a day
Cons
Scheduling of time
shift basis work

little knowledge about unix and scripting

have to sort out issues within 2 hours

no carrier growth

repeatable work
Gran parte del lavoro consiste nel fare telemarketing. Una chiamata dietro l’altra per convincere un’azienda a comprare uno spazio pubblicitario. Lavoro per nulla motivante e retribuzione molto bassa
Pros
Possibilità di orario part-time
Cons
Tutto il resto
There were many aspects of working at Nielsen I loved, but in the 18 months I worked there I had to endure personal attacks on my character and I wasn't the only one who had this happen. It started well with me getting promoted within 6 months of joining but there is a blame culture and a lack of personal responsibility which is endemic throughout the organisation. Such a shame as I was genuinely excited to join the company and built what I believe to have been a strong team.
13 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to adhere to a culture where our associates can be themselves, make a difference, and grow in all of our locations around the world. We are disappointed to hear that this is not your experience. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
I enjoyed my time at Nielsen. Peoples attitude affect me. Meeting the quotas. I liked to talk to the people and had to be reminded to finish the interview and move on to the next call.
Its Nielsen the best in the business out there.
However, a typical day involves staying on top of your studies and solving client queries with tools and understanding.

You must be proactive enough.
This has been the place I have ever worked at and would return any day given the right opportunity. A Five Star place to work.

Thank you for all of the good years and memories.
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen experience!
Learning opportunities are amazing. The work environment is also relaxed and you get to work on different types of projects each day which will help you in having a steep learning curve during your stint.
6 April 2020
We’re so happy to hear that you’re learning a lot, and having a great overall experience!
Management was emotionally abusive and nothing was done about this despite repeat promises to talk to the offending party from other managers, and pay was below living wage. Strong culture of favouritism and lack of honesty in communication. This company likes to present itself as innovative, but it's all for show and anyone who truly thinks outside the box is ostracised.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re disappointed to hear that your Nielsen experience wasn’t a positive one, and we will consider your feedback as an opportunity to improve.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nielsen?
Management is caring and always helpful. Great coworkers that are always willing to help, answer questions. They are ready to put their own work aside to help you.
30 March 2020
building your own schedule due to your availability and customers availability. Build computer like units. Install and troubleshoot these units. Hardest part of the job would be knowing the job because you're always learning something new.
My town's shut down tight with Coronavirus. The police said they will take you to jail if you get caught on the streets. Nielsen's known for mos. this was coming. Now, Corp been working from home for two weeks hash-tagging their 1st world probs. Guess who still sitting in a call centre cubicle surrounded by 200 terrified people? NEVER Work here...
Pros
Good pay & Fast promotions
Cons
High-stress, sociopathic, cut-throat. Higher you go up, worse it gets. These people are like a cold cliche of corporations.
A unique company for sure and there is none like this in India. Lots of emphasis on people from the top.

However, be wary of loads of Internal Politics. Especially from the tenured employees since the management tends to listen to them more than the new comers. You either suck up to them or your job is at risk for sure. Until and unless you have some executive leadership support you you do not have a job security !
We
Lack together employees working in this company,but state level manager not cooperative,due to earning money, movening high,he automatically down.
Trabajo muy rápido todo el día, con muchos pendientes pero con mucho aprendizaje.
malos tratos de supervisores y gerencia y cambis de normas sin previo avisos
Job focuses on meeting a quota. They are very supportive and assist whenever possible. As long as you are successful in meeting quotas, you control your time and various locations.

I found it virtually impossible to meet the quotas.
Frequent management changes and organization restructuring with little to no value add. Hard to sustain continuity of management relationships, build trust. Cliche-y senior management
24 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Nielsen continues to evolve to meet our clients’ needs, which sometimes means that our organizational structure and priorities will need to change. However, we are committed to helping our associates find opportunities to grow their skill sets through training and development opportunities so that they can evolve and grow along with us.
Awesome place to work as it is friendly surrounding. And its best to work here to maintain work and life balance. So get placed here and enjoy your life.
24 March 2020
Empresa boa, para se trabalhar e ter um crescimento profissional
Es una empresa que se mantiene dentro de las 100 mejores para laborar en México, ese detalle habla por si solo.