Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews in Kolkata, West Bengal

Kolkata, West Bengal17 reviews
This is my 2nd organization where iam start my professional work and at the time gather to experience from my senior.From here i am getting scope to work multicity
Great experience, got a good working environment, got a lot of cooperation from seniors, great platform, I want to work at Nielsen again if I get a chance in the future.
This is a friendly company of market research .I just love this company due to the awesome circumstances of office and friendly to collaborate everyone.
Professional Company trusty Company,various type of job they provide friendly and corporate all stuff and executive are well manageable regarding job and etc
Mundane life,with least work life balance.The HR department is almost non functional.
Lovely people
Work is done amidst fun

Very enthusiastic and supportive Hub Leader

After the changes made in Nielsen, it has become a completely different place to live and work in.

Growth is not fore coming

Loads of fun activities and occasional celebrations
My work In Nielsen was quite satisfied. Often I was assigned with different high net projects and I successfully achieved that all the time. Team work was the excellent part that I learned here.
It was door to door visit work which was very hard to convince the people to have their times. Job security was nothing. As the job is all about to move from place to place , so it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Free Launch, Dinner and Breakfast
Cons
Nielsen is a professional work place which is driven by business targets. The scope of learning research is not great; however, it allows you to learn business in a great way
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Low possibility of learning the subject
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nielsen?
It's a very good experience.But salary structure is no good and there was no future.Environment is medium.But job location is very bad also transport system was not good.
Pros
Nothing Free
Cons
Long Hours
what i learned is that you need to do hard work to climb the ladder. responsibility is the key. management was good but co coworkers dont have that quality.
very good company to start your carrier.there is a lot of things any body can learn to bild the carrier.working with the company is a lifetime experience.
Pros
fortnightly payment
Cons
project basis job
At Nielsen, a typical day at work begins with a meeting with you team members and receiving a brief from them about the project they are currently working on. Then comes giving them feedback and briefing about a current project or a new project.

Then, if needed, accompany your team members to the field.

At the end of the submit the report of your projects to your manager.

At Nielsen, I learned about handling a team of interviewers and getting a job done in time.

The management is understanding in that some projects are too difficult to complete due to the nature of fieldwork. They accordingly set a new completion period if required.

The hardest part of my job is keeping the interviewers motivated and getting them to complete a job in time.

The most enjoyable part comes in the feeling of completing a project.
Pros
Balance in work life and personal life and accomodating culture of managers and company
Cons
Not suited for those who are not good at managing people
Supervised a team of analysts and provided customers (Fortune 500 companies) with a customized quantitative reports.

Prepared detailed discrete project plans and scheduled the budget for the subordinates to perform the tasks accordingly.

Reorganized raw data into graphical charts and prepared analysis on the product’s growth and area of improvement. Listed the number of competitors in each market and recapitulated the usage and attitude studies.

Presented the final report to the customer’s board for approval after a verbal presentation of the findings resulting from the study.

Increased the report quality and reduced the cost of service that the organization delivers by working directly with vendors to calculate the price using the PRICER model, determining the product placement, customer profile and customer perceptions then advertising these pre-testing studies early so error and miscalculations can be identified and eliminated early.

The most enjoyable part was getting appreciation for the task.

The hardest part was to collect the true data from the common people.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Had to leave the job for immigrating to US in 2004
It was wonderful experience working with ACNielsen ORG-MARG for the last 11 years.Co-operating people and convinient work place.
enjoyed working in this company
management is not upto the mark

co-workers are supportive
On this particular company I done my Internship project-during those days I have learned how to get raw data-how to classified them,sampling-error checking-analysis to come on conclusion.
Seniors were so helpful and showed me the right way to complete

the project successfully.
Pros
Brand Name, Accessibility, Infrastructure
Cons
less structured working culture, no proper timing