Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews in New York, NY

New York, NY89 reviews
This is the place for you! It isn't about what you do, its about who likes you. Most managers only have HS education and it shows. Software is proprietary and fails constantly, along with hard ware.
benefits
Cons
management is clueless and acts like they are still in HS
You will learn a lot in Nielsen finance as they like to move you around to different positions as long as you continue to do well. The company has been going through a lot of changes which provides new challenges and opportunities on a regular basis.
Great people but stale leadership. Every quarter, productivity cuts to make EBITA. Loss of direction in recent years. Learned a significant amount during my time there and worked with great people
My colleagues were intelligent, experienced and fun to work with. The company could have better leveraged the talent pool they had, but overall a good workplace.
I've been with Nielsen for 13 years and there's literally a re-org every year. The flexibility of a great work/life balance is great. I can perform the duties of my job anywhere as long as I have my computer.
Decent place to start your career in market research, but a archaic system in the company. Compensation is below industry average, benefits are awful, and mobility is very political.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Work life balance is lacking in many business areas, low compensation, and not enough training.
16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to adhere to a culture where our associates can be themselves, make a difference, and grow in all of our locations around the world. We are disappointed to hear that this is not your experience. We encourage you to meet with your manager and/or HR Business Partner to share any specific ideas you have about ways we can improve and innovate.
Great place to work from a team and innovation perspective, but relative anxiety across the organization as the company has been reshaping its objectives and related resourcing recently.
Highly professional organization with great integrity. Offers great training in research. Challenging but supportive environment. Not the highest paying company in the field.
Good place for many years. Lots of change during that time. Profitable revenue achievement valued above all else. Diversity efforts weren't consistently followed or valued.
I suggest anyone considering a position at Nielsen to first ask your self where you want to be in 5 years and how to get there in this position and in 2 years you are not one course, reconsider the value of remaining in the position.
Always something new to learn. Exciting job; keeping up with new technology, in a fast past and great collaborative environment. Lots of diverse people and experiences.
22 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that you are having a great Nielsen employee experience!
It all started going downhill the moment they moved the main departments to Florida and everyone was being let go. From there on it only took two years to get rid of everyone from New York and moved to Tampa, FL
Nielsen has been cutting edge to get to the next step for effective analytics.

Great work/life balance, allowed to work from home when needed.

Hardest part is learning who does what at the organization.
Nielsen is a reserach titan and has earned its respect from working hard with top clients. That said, the work-life balance doesn't exist, salaries are low, bonuses are frozen because the company has no solid direction.
1 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We understand that a healthy work-life balance is essential to the success of our associates, and we strive to maintain a culture that values people’s overall well-being. We're disappointed to hear that this is not your experience. We hope that you address your concerns directly with your manager and with your HR Business Partner, if you haven’t already.
Nielsen is a great place to work to give you an opportunity to learn about the communications industry from the inside! You'll have access to companies and jobs that you might not otherwise if you work for one communications company alone. Nielsen clients range from small cable systems to national broadcast/cable networks. The service provided by Nielsen is always at the fore-front of the measurement industry. Learn from the best in the industry and be paid to learn!
Good Company
job advancement

insurance

pple are committed to working and not drama

this is a professional company that knows what a work ethic is thank goodness
Due to the strategic review and an entirely new management team, things have been very chaotic. Once a buyer is found I expect the company will settle down.
Work/personal life balance was terrible. I was on call 24/7, always expected to answer emails/calls even during nights and weekends. Batch of layoffs in the beginning of every year.
So many great people in the organization. But with so many priorities people do end up getting pulled in many different directions.

The flexible working is also a major bonus.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Lacks focus
Excellent working environment, very experienced and knowledgeable people, very good management team, flexible working conditions - will work with you on your business hours and affords working remotely
I would say that the overall workplace culture at Nielsen is one that is very collaborative and open. Everyone is encouraged to be completely transparent, with no repercussions.
Pros
This allows for lots of learning amongst one another.
Cons
Sometimes meetings can easily go off target and the agenda does not get covered.