Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews in Oldsmar, FL

Oldsmar, FL271 reviews
Always have alot of work to do. Management can be tough to deal with sometimes due to the pressure put on them from their leaders. The diverse workforce is very refreshing to see.
You can start at the bottom and work your way up as far as you want to go very upwardly Mobile place
They have a lot of blue collar jobs and they have a lot of white color computer base jobs

if you're looking for an entry level computer job this is where I would go first
This company is great if you want great benefits. They offer benefits the day you start working and you get two weeks vacation the first year. It increases a little with each year. Maternity leave is five months and paternity leave is three months which is great for future parents. The health benefits are great as well as vision and dental. My plan included me and my husband and it was good, however the more dependents you add the more you are going to have to pay which can cut your paycheck every pay period a bit. There is no room for promotion and moving up unless you know somebody that can make it happen. This company is like a mafia no joke. It is very micro managed and very call center like in most departments. The company is only getting worse with time.
Pros
Maternity leave, Pto, benefits
Cons
micro managed, low pay
Management is caring and always helpful. Great coworkers that are always willing to help, answer questions. They are ready to put their own work aside to help you.
30 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen experience!
Job focuses on meeting a quota. They are very supportive and assist whenever possible. As long as you are successful in meeting quotas, you control your time and various locations.

I found it virtually impossible to meet the quotas.
You may want to beware of the internal challenges in the company. The area Management favors the local help rather than to truly qualify the candidate for a promotion.
I really enjoyed working here. There are a lot of good people who care about your growth!

There are a lot of org changes but the company is moving in the right direction.
9 March 2020
Learn a wide range of useful troubleshooting, encoding, teaching and Electronic Verification System tools such as CORBA, BMC Remedy, Reflection and Enterprise.
Team leaders were extremely strict and on a power trip. You show up for work and they send you home for lack of work. The regional manager did not show interest in the people. She had a very standoffish attitude and showed no interest in the work.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Not a happy place
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't have a great experience with your manager. We believe that strong leaders are essential in helping our clients and our business grow. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
Be on the call center, sometimes could be stressful situation dealing with customers or happiest moments, depend on the circumstances. But I had to be positive and patient with everybody. Part of the culture into the work place always give the best you have and obtain optimums results. Working with different staff, cultures and learning other languages as well.
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers. Teams working together. Creating friendships to last a life time. Great group of people to work with professionally and personally
31 January 2020
I love, love, loved almost everything about working at Nielsen. The company culture is second to none. There were always events going on for celebrations. The people were all amazing to work with everyone is down to earth. There is an amazing cafeteria where you can pretty much eat anything your hearts desire (it was somewhat affordable). The work-life balance was second to none. Innovation was sometimes slow but eventually happened. This is a large campus so I believe everyone's experiences in different departments may vary. I was allowed to work from home a couple of days a week and days before holidays? The boss would take us out for some drinks on her. The health insurance was what I would consider average same for the 401k. The biggest reason, only reason I left is due to the pay. It was very below average for my career title in the area. In fact when I left I got a 30% pay increase at another company. I would go back and work there in a heartbeat if they were more competitive. My bosses boss whom I would assume would have a nice vehicle drove a 2002 economy car without automatic windows. LOL.

NEGOTIATE your pay there and you won't ever leave. An amazing company to work for.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule, work from home, on site cafeteria, beautiful facility
Cons
Below average pay
31 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, both positive and constructive. Continual input only helps our organization get stronger and become an even better place to work, and we'll consider your feedback as an opportunity to improve.
Majority of attractive opportunities and positions are held by ELAs (Emerging Leader Associate); these folks have limited professional and life experience. There is a serious leadership deficiency and a lot of bureaucracy which leads to either slow execution or lack of execution. Technology for internal operational tools is lackluster. Diversity and Inclusion are all the talk, but actions speak louder than words; the company needs to walk the walk. People are great! Very smart, resourceful, warm and helpful...this is the greatest capital for this company, yet it is often times taken for granted. Company has progressed significantly since new CEO came on board as far as modernization is concerned, but it has regressed in other ways such as talent retention, culture and diversity.
16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, both positive and constructive. Continual employee feedback only helps our organization get stronger and become an even better place to work. We encourage you to meet with your manager and/or HR Business Partner to share any specific ideas you have about ways we can improve and innovate.
NIELSEN'S STANDARDS are Founded on the principles of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and reliability, Nielsen is a place where you can be yourself, make a difference and grow. Great place to work, enjoy and learn every day.
I never trust a 5-star review because I assume it is placed there by a recruiter trying to gloss over the flaws of the company to lure people in, but this is not the case. I loved every aspect of Nielsen. Great leadership, training, and environment.
Pros
Pay, culture, leadership
Cons
Difficult to move up to a full-time position, or promotion.
16 January 2020
Really enjoyed the position until I learned that the full-time employees, doing the same work as myself and working only 45 mins more on average daily, make almost 3x the amount I do for the same work. I find that deeply frustrating.
Good thing about them is they were upfront about Professional Interviewer Analyst was being replaced by computerized technology. Did not have any jobs open.
Nielsen is a great place to work. They have plenty of on-site luxuries including ping-pong tables and a cafeteria. Never had any issues with management or any issues at all
Despite the company's code of conduct that doesn't allow bullying. I had a manager that raged and was hostile on multiple occasions. HR was informed. Honest exit interviews were given by multiple people. But, this leader still works there. And, it's still a toxic work environment.

Plus, the pay is very low unless you're an engineer.

Our department was only allowed a 30-minute lunch. We are adults.

They track everything you do, how you spend your time. Again, we are adults. You should trust us.

One of the only good things is the 3 weeks of vacation on your 2 year anniversary.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Short breaks, Toxic work environment
28 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you’re not having a great experience with your manager so far. We believe that strong leaders are essential in helping our clients and our business grow. We'll take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
Lots of talk about people, being yourself, but constant criticism for things like not being excited or confident. Have to put on a fake face to deal with these people
I loved my time at Nielsen.
My partner was always helpful and friendly. We got along great and got out on time every evening.

I can't complain, the culture was a relaxed environment with a lot of talented people.

There were a few people in the next building nobody got along with, but we didn't pay any attention to them regardless.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Lousy replacement team leader
9 September 2019