Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX67 reviews
A typical day at work involves sitting at your desk for the normal 5 hour shift, or longer if you desire. If you are the type that likes moving around throughout your work day, this is NOT the job for you. Throughout your shift you make outbound calls to try and get people to complete surveys for you. With every completed survey, you get extra cash on your paycheck. Because you're on the phone throughout your entire shift, you don't have time to talk to other employees. The team leaders at the call center are very helpful, and are always willing to answer your questions and address your concerns.

The hardest part of the job is having to sit down for 5 hours without being able to do anything else, even during slow periods when no one is answering your phone call. Other than that, there is nothing hard about the job. If you're great on the phone and are able to convince people to do the survey, then you're good!

One major plus is the extra hours offered at the Call Center, and the extra pay for every extra hour worked. Also, if you have a daytime job or attend school during the day, the company offers a variety of evening schedules for you to choose from.
16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Nielsen so far!
It was an ok place to work. I feel like i worked my butt off but there was always something. On top of dealing with immature co workers the place was a dream (sarcasm).
I was furloughed due to Covid. Nielsen was very transparent with the intention and goal of Nielsen as a whole to keep their employees safe. Even though we are still (except those working at home) laid off - managers still check in with me and inquire as to my we being and keeping me abreast of what’s going on for the future of our call center and future work from home opportunities! Great job!!
Pros
Pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Only part time positions
The pay is the good thing about the company but it is not full time job .other than that i enjoyed my time at Nielsen.Also i loved there fast hiring process.
I worked in the Audio department. The training process back in 2018 DID NOT prepare most for the job at hand and the retention rate proved this. Luckily I had experience so this didn't apply to me. The job itself was easy, in my opinion, and I was successful at hitting my goals and obtaining bonuses. You make calls and read a script. Easy, right? Well not when half of the supervisors had no idea what they were doing. However, they were not my main issue because I do not need supervision while working. My main issue was with the manager of the audio department. This individual was allowed to talk inappropriately, intimidate and harass myself and other employees and HR did absolutely nothing about it. In fact, HR told me they were aware of the issue and knew he did not know how to talk to people properly. I was told that I should make more of an effort to get to know him. I was dumb founded! NEVER have I ever worked at a company that was this unprofessional in the way they treated employees with serious complaints. This companys CEO needs to look into complaints against this individual because there is a cover up taking place. HR is involved and does not care about employees well being. I will not be surprised if a lawsuit will pop up soon.
31 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't have a great experience with your managers, and will share your feedback with our teams internally.
Very laid back atmosphere but professional phone protocol. Organized and efficient in daily administration and management of the floor and agents. Job security was firm.
The trainers lie about how much you get paid for completed calls and are rude/informal in front of the workers. Sending subliminal remarks or direct comments about the performance of the new class. I had a horrible experience and they were not understanding. They do not care about employees and fired me due to a very life changing experience that interfered with my schedule.
2 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re disappointed to hear that your Nielsen experience wasn’t a positive one, and we will consider your feedback as an opportunity to improve.
Love it the hardest part would be convincing people to take the surveys. I really liked the schedule and incentives. They have really cool games to keep you motivated.
I worked for the company for quite some time. I ended up leaving because the environment is horrible. It felt like being in a high school with so much gossip. In addition to that, the group leaders are a joke and it’s been known that relationships occur with the team leaders and other staff members. These “leaders” are a poor reflection of the company. Flirt with management and no disciplinary actions will ever happen to you. Complain on management and expect retaliation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nielsen?
Work can become extremely repetitive, little opportunity for growth even though they claim this is so much room for it. Management was extremely biased towards certain genders.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
low amount of hours, doesnt work with custom schedules at all
28 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to adhere to a culture where our associates can be themselves, make a difference, and grow in all of our locations around the world. We are disappointed to hear that this is not your experience. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
The atmosphere at Nielsen on an average business day was urgent yet mellow. There's always something to do, and things to learn. The management had reasonable expectations from the interviewers and never hesitated when approached with a question or dilemma. The hardest part of the job dealing with difficult people on the phone, but it was not too much of a hassle. The most enjoyable part of the job was just getting to meet new people and building a rapport with them, even if it was just for a couple of minutes.
28 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen experience!
I enjoyed working here. Everything is in black and white. You come in do your job and have fun here and there while doing it. Always fun events going around. Managment staff approachable and helpful. Great for students or evening part time job. I miss it and would return if I could
28 October 2019
It is not for everyone, but overall it is a really great company to work for and has a lot of room to advance in the work place and pursue a career within the company. I myself am more fast paced and don't like to be sitting down for too long with the same routines.
Pros
The pay
Cons
short breaks, the stress
Overall nielsen is great they treated me well they just want to much for little pay and dont give enough hours but theu do have gifts and prizes to certain things you accomplish
Collaboration. “I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission. ...
Work-Life Balance. “I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. ...

Autonomy. “I like the autonomy I have because my bosses allow me to innovate. ...

Variety. ...

Culture. ...

Challenge. ...

Helping Others.

Job is stimulating & challenging.

Able to learn new things and develop your skill set.

Achieve measurable results.

Feel valued and a core part of the team.

Opportunities to grow and progress within the company.

Be part of a positive culture where contributions are appreciated.
9 August 2019
I only worked at Nielsen (radio ratings only not Scarborough) for about 6 months. It was very professional and not too many problems happened. What I enjoyed most was the incentive winners each day and the organization.
The only part of the job when I worked there that I felt was unprofessional was during the Fall Survey, bilingual certified employees and I were continuing to call Puerto Rico for the radio survey and it was during the Puerto Rico disaster. We had to probe and persuade still to get the survey sent out. When the Fall Survey Season was over and we were going into the Winter survey, many employees didn't make the numbers so they had us go through a Winter camp. We signed a contract stating we agreed to do the camp for 1 month and pass it with a certain average of 3 weeks combined. (There was supposed to be a daily average Monday through Friday and they were going to add them up for the 3 weeks.) During the first 2 weeks most of the employees who did the camp did not do well so the company decided to change their word and stated they were only counting the last three days of the 3rd week. They did not have us sign another contract. Due to that my position there was terminated but over 1 month later, right after I made them aware I would be quitting soon because of a job offer elsewhere. They stated I did not need to give a 2 weeks notice to simply text my TL whenever I quit, from home, and they would update files, because I was only going part time. I pretty much was told I could quit whenever as long as I was considerate enough to text it, but was terminated prior
 - more...
start day with setting up computer and begin calling number to promote and do surveys, learned how to compile information to make valid summery of usage of survey.

hardest part of job was getting customers to take the surveys, most enjoyable part was speaking with so many different people,
Pros
meeting may different cultures, flexable hours, and pay raises
Cons
Quota of calls were set up higher each time got new client.
Former Bilingual Research interviewer, I enjoyed my time at Nielsen, great manager, everyone is friendly and welcoming. Great training and great pay.
Each day was full of things to look forward to and challenges one would want to meet. Most of the management was very caring and on top of the day to day situations with workflow. The tough part of the day was getting a perfect quality score, but the enjoyment was having a job that I was proud of.
This position does not allow one to establish a healthy work and personal life balance.
The project I was hired for was released prematurely causing a stressful work environment.
Was a fun experience. My first call center job and I really loved it. Learned a lot of new things, great environment to work in. I do not regret working here!