Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA5 reviews
Nielsen values diversity and inclusion as it offers to each one the opportunities to share thoughts to enhance togetherness for a better present and future.
Pros
Flexible schedule, having self time management ability
Cons
Too much data or info to grasp, it may requires more efforts to master all aspects related to the position.
The manager for this region is awful. HIGHLY emotional and definitely has favoritism. For females, it isn't safe. You are sent out during the core hours of 3pm to 9pm. Winter, it is dark. People do not know you are coming as you cannot call. I've had guns pulled on me in some neighborhoods that are remote. You may have to deal with guard dogs.. Seriously, after you do the math and figure out the pay to hours you are actually working, plus the safety factor? Totally not worth it. They just keep tacking on more intrusive requests of their Neilsen homes.
Official response from Nielsen
22 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't have a great experience with your manager. We believe that strong leaders are essential in helping our clients and our business grow. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
Audience measurement (TV ratings) requires strong technical proficiency. Soldering, algorithmic logic and circuitry are all skills that I use everyday. Fluency in Word and Excel is a must and Nielsen's in-house enterprise software require a self-directed approach to learning.

This work requires adaptive thinking, self motivation and time management. Priorities change quickly and deadlines are non-negotiable as the entire media industry depends on Nielsen data.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
company moving to part time employees
Compensation isn't sufficient for what's expected of you. A lot of administrative work. Procedures change frequently so there's constant training. You're expected to be "on the job" all hours of the day, 7 days a week. Work easily spills in to your personal life. Bonuses are difficult to achieve. Middle management isn't trained properly and usually inexperienced. Constant layoffs causing job insecurity. The emphasis has become cutting costs at the expense of employee morale.
Pros
meeting with selected homes. great co workers.
Cons
poor compensation. low morale. poor managment.
If you enjoy not having a personal life, this is the job for you. I was constantly working until past 8pm in the field because that's what the job called for. It was nice to set your own schedule at first, but then the reality dawns on you, I don't really get to set my own schedule, I get to set my schedule at night instead of early in the morning. But then I get to go work early also because the people who work in the call center have also added an appointment for you that starts at 8 am...so I got to work more than my fair share of 12 hour workdays. Then when you get home, it's more work. Nevermind kicking your feet up and enjoying being home, you still have several hours of paperwork and e-mails to sort through. And if someone sends you an e-mail at 11:30 pm, you better be on it right away or you might get yelled at. And don't really ever count on a raise at this company, I worked there for 5 years and got 3 raises, my base pay went from 32,000/year to 35,000/year, and I was FR of the month several times.
Pros
company vehicle