Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews for Analyst

Analyst36 reviews
No work life balance. Expected to work nights and weekends. Rework frequently required due to lack of training, Caters more to millenniums, Communication.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Scarse prospettive di carriera per i giovani ma è un'ottima azienda per iniziare e vi un è un piacevolissimo ambiente di lavoro.
Pros
Flessibilità oraria
Cons
Previsioni non molto floride per l'azienda
Es una empresa que se preocupa por cuidar a sus clientes y que entiende que para ello necesita procurar el bienestar de sus empleados.
Pros
Las prestaciones y la experiencia que brinda el pertenecer a una empresa de clase mundial
Cons
Ocasionalmente se trabaja bajo mucho estrés
I didn’t work at Nielsen for very long, but I really enjoyed it and felt like a I had the resources necessary to do my work! There are deadlines to meet, but it is still a relaxed environment
Official response from Nielsen
31 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen experience!
I love, love, loved almost everything about working at Nielsen. The company culture is second to none. There were always events going on for celebrations. The people were all amazing to work with everyone is down to earth. There is an amazing cafeteria where you can pretty much eat anything your hearts desire (it was somewhat affordable). The work-life balance was second to none. Innovation was sometimes slow but eventually happened. This is a large campus so I believe everyone's experiences in different departments may vary. I was allowed to work from home a couple of days a week and days before holidays? The boss would take us out for some drinks on her. The health insurance was what I would consider average same for the 401k. The biggest reason, only reason I left is due to the pay. It was very below average for my career title in the area. In fact when I left I got a 30% pay increase at another company. I would go back and work there in a heartbeat if they were more competitive. My bosses boss whom I would assume would have a nice vehicle drove a 2002 economy car without automatic windows. LOL.

NEGOTIATE your pay there and you won't ever leave. An amazing company to work for.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule, work from home, on site cafeteria, beautiful facility
Cons
Below average pay
Official response from Nielsen
31 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, both positive and constructive. Continual input only helps our organization get stronger and become an even better place to work, and we'll consider your feedback as an opportunity to improve.
My day consisted of analyzing diaries and entering the correct information into the computer. The job was interesting. The inhouse management personnel were always very helpful. The company was willing to work with you if you needed time off for personal reasons. They were very generous in helping those in need with their Sharing and Caring program.

The only complaints I would have is no full time jobs available, no benefits, pay was low and raises weren't good.
Pros
Recognized birthdays and holidays every month with some sort of celebration.
Cons
No full time, no benefits, low pay for the work expectations.
Full stress, depend On the team we are in.the work is easy in most of the teams and it is very stressful in some teams it completely depends on the project what we are suppose to do.
Nice people but too many that are comfortable. Need to really work on recognising the good work of employees so that everyone feels rewarded and motivated
work from home policy is good. Salary benefit and increment is very less. flexible timings. Good CSR initiatives. Opportunity to shift abroad if completed 3 years.
New CEO is not running company well, only came onboard to slash jobs.

Long hours, expected to work whatever hours, holidays, weekends, to get the work done.
Pros
Health & dental benefits are good.
Cons
Long hours, no work-life balance, no appreciate from managers for working hard & knowledge, new CEO is in to slash jobs and reduce costs, no position is safe.
The company likes to claim it listens to their employees but they really don't. They have meetings all the time yet nothing ever gets done and nothing changes (at least not for the better).
When I first started at Nielsen it had a wonderful culture but over time it has diminished greatly. Job security and advancement is minimal. Lack of management support and computers have seen better days. Every day you get locked out of your account. Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement, no management support
A professional collaborative work environment. We were allowed to work independently and give our opinions on what we felt would work best for our clients. We were encouraged to be entrepreneurial.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
Management needed to be improved
-Early morning meeting, with all the leaders and group leaders.
- Managing systems

-work environment is great.

-Hardest job is dealing with system mishaps.

-Most enjoyable is my job.
It was a great place in my dpt. It was like family. Very friendly and positive. Until we got a new manager that didn't want to learn anything about our work, processes or client's needs etc. It effected how they wanted us to treat clients and our product quality. It may have changed now, but at the time they were demanding and wanted constant availability even when you had scheduled time off. That manager even insisted people come in (when the building was closed) the day after hurricane Irma. Our previous managers had been respectful of people, team dynamics and had put forth an effort to learn; even assisting (when needed) during the busy season or approaching deadlines. The current manager didn't help out at all. Instead, they insisted team leaders send hounding emails to everyone.
A typical day consisted of interesting work and great client communication. However, due to the recent micro managing and overly heavily placed importance on metrics, you could constantly be panicked, checking your daily metrics.

I definitely learned patience on this job! And a callous in my mind toward panic. When you're in a constant state of panic, any compelling force you would normally feel, lessens over time.

The worst part of the job, new management aside, was the salary freeze experienced for a number of years across the company. I misplaced loyalty and learning with the company above salary, confident it would be rewarded later when circumstances changed for them. It barely moved in twelve years, despite assurances my work was not at fault.

However, the work itself was enjoyable.
 - more...
Pros
fabulous teams, good benefits for FT
Cons
Micro managing, low salary, high-stress
Overall, the company offers great exposure to the employees. In a typical day, you'll spend most of the time solving the client issue at hand which involves a lot of data analysis. This is a great learning experience as you'll learn a lot about marketing.
Pros
Flexible Work hours and Option to Work From Home
Cons
Low Salary
Working for Nielsen, specifically on the Coca Cola team, the team work efforts is very refreshing. The environment is set for more
collaborative then a competitive environment. No one holds back from sharing knowledge so that the team as a whole grows.
Pros
Unlimited Vacation
Cons
Client pressure
unknown been a long time, was very young during my position at Nielsen, great opp however just wasn't the right fit at the time. if location was closer, may be diff
Constant lay-offs. Not many older, experienced employees left.
There should be a class action suit brought up for age discrimination as it's mainly the older staff that are being let go.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Constant lay-offs.
57/5000
Buon ambiente di lavoro Flessibile, lavoro per obiettivi
Nielsen is working hard to come into the twenty-first century. There were at times, where it didn't feel like they were all the way there, but there are smart people working on it.

The culture and the people were great. It was a fun place to work, with a lot of opportunities in different areas.