Nielsen

Nielsen Employee Reviews for Research Interviewer

Great job if you are okay with cold calling people to do surveys over the phone. Automatic dialer through a computer program. A lot of training and instant messaging with supervisors. You really have to watch yourself and follow wording as well as repeat what the client said and never veer off of the script. You acquire infractions that never go away and then you will be let go. Awesome choices for shifts though... evening was best with more opportunities to make money based on completed surveys. Day shifts were awful because you had to call businesses and it was tough.
Nielsen was a very diverse work place! Was a very laid back atmosphere! Really enjoyed working there. That is all I can say! I wish I could have retired from the company. I don't think they treated me fairly.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
work week started on Sunday . Some favoritism sometimes with some employees!
It was an ok place to work. I feel like i worked my butt off but there was always something. On top of dealing with immature co workers the place was a dream (sarcasm).
I enjoyed my time at Nielsen. Peoples attitude affect me. Meeting the quotas. I liked to talk to the people and had to be reminded to finish the interview and move on to the next call.
My town's shut down tight with Coronavirus. The police said they will take you to jail if you get caught on the streets. Nielsen's known for mos. this was coming. Now, Corp been working from home for two weeks hash-tagging their 1st world probs. Guess who still sitting in a call centre cubicle surrounded by 200 terrified people? NEVER Work here...
Pros
Good pay & Fast promotions
Cons
High-stress, sociopathic, cut-throat. Higher you go up, worse it gets. These people are like a cold cliche of corporations.
Revolving door and unable to retain employees. The job itself is not hard, but some of the rules are absurd. Attendance policy was ridiculous. No assigned seats. You switch seats everyday so if the person who sat in the seat yesterday had the flu, guess what? Chances are you will be getting it too.
Pros
Part-Time Flexibility
Cons
No lunch, attendance policy, switching seats
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re disappointed to hear that your Nielsen experience wasn’t a positive one, and we will consider your feedback as an opportunity to improve.
I enjoyed the months I worked for Nielsen. However, I disliked the time there was discrimination in the workplace and instead of it being handled, I got in trouble.
Pros
The environment was fun most of the time
Cons
Non-flexible schedules
21 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to adhere to a culture where our associates can be themselves, make a difference, and grow in all of our locations around the world. We are disappointed to hear that this was not your experience. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
It’s ok I started out as a dairy trained and I leveled up to Sample Prep shortly and it was good but other people who didn’t get trained had their hours cut and they monitor you but deviate you for little words
I worked in the Audio department. The training process back in 2018 DID NOT prepare most for the job at hand and the retention rate proved this. Luckily I had experience so this didn't apply to me. The job itself was easy, in my opinion, and I was successful at hitting my goals and obtaining bonuses. You make calls and read a script. Easy, right? Well not when half of the supervisors had no idea what they were doing. However, they were not my main issue because I do not need supervision while working. My main issue was with the manager of the audio department. This individual was allowed to talk inappropriately, intimidate and harass myself and other employees and HR did absolutely nothing about it. In fact, HR told me they were aware of the issue and knew he did not know how to talk to people properly. I was told that I should make more of an effort to get to know him. I was dumb founded! NEVER have I ever worked at a company that was this unprofessional in the way they treated employees with serious complaints. This companys CEO needs to look into complaints against this individual because there is a cover up taking place. HR is involved and does not care about employees well being. I will not be surprised if a lawsuit will pop up soon.
31 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't have a great experience with your managers, and will share your feedback with our teams internally.
A typical day at work involves sitting at your desk for the normal 5 hour shift, or longer if you desire. If you are the type that likes moving around throughout your work day, this is NOT the job for you. Throughout your shift you make outbound calls to try and get people to complete surveys for you. With every completed survey, you get extra cash on your paycheck. Because you're on the phone throughout your entire shift, you don't have time to talk to other employees. The team leaders at the call center are very helpful, and are always willing to answer your questions and address your concerns. The hardest part of the job is having to sit down for 5 hours without being able to do anything else, even during slow periods when no one is answering your phone call. Other than that, there is nothing hard about the job. If you're great on the phone and are able to convince people to do the survey, then you're good! One major plus is the extra hours offered at the Call Center, and the extra pay for every extra hour worked. Also, if you have a daytime job or attend school during the day, the company offers a variety of evening schedules for you to choose from.
16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Nielsen so far!
NIELSEN'S STANDARDS are Founded on the principles of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and reliability, Nielsen is a place where you can be yourself, make a difference and grow. Great place to work, enjoy and learn every day.
I never trust a 5-star review because I assume it is placed there by a recruiter trying to gloss over the flaws of the company to lure people in, but this is not the case. I loved every aspect of Nielsen. Great leadership, training, and environment.
Pros
Pay, culture, leadership
Cons
Difficult to move up to a full-time position, or promotion.
16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen experience!
The pay was good for a part time job but no work life balance. Very hard to get off for anything including sickness. Managers inappropriately relationship with employees. Unrealistic expectations...very bad experience. Go for the pay and that's it
16 December 2019
Very laid back atmosphere but professional phone protocol. Organized and efficient in daily administration and management of the floor and agents. Job security was firm.
The trainers lie about how much you get paid for completed calls and are rude/informal in front of the workers. Sending subliminal remarks or direct comments about the performance of the new class. I had a horrible experience and they were not understanding. They do not care about employees and fired me due to a very life changing experience that interfered with my schedule.
2 December 2019
I worked for the company for quite some time. I ended up leaving because the environment is horrible. It felt like being in a high school with so much gossip. In addition to that, the group leaders are a joke and it’s been known that relationships occur with the team leaders and other staff members. These “leaders” are a poor reflection of the company. Flirt with management and no disciplinary actions will ever happen to you. Complain on management and expect retaliation.
Nielsen is a great place to work. They have plenty of on-site luxuries including ping-pong tables and a cafeteria. Never had any issues with management or any issues at all
Work can become extremely repetitive, little opportunity for growth even though they claim this is so much room for it. Management was extremely biased towards certain genders.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
low amount of hours, doesnt work with custom schedules at all
28 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to adhere to a culture where our associates can be themselves, make a difference, and grow in all of our locations around the world. We are disappointed to hear that this is not your experience. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
I was an research interviewer for Nielsen audio. My job consisted of calling residence to participate in radio tv or stores surveys. My role was to convince them to do the surveys for weeks and then send it in.
You have to be a favorite to get anything there. If youre not a favorite you might as well quit before your fired. They get behind on calls and then you are required to come for extra shifts. They even make the front office person call. They want you glued to the chair and get mad if you get up to get water or go to the restroom.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, the job, the people
28 October 2019
I enjoyed working here. Everything is in black and white. You come in do your job and have fun here and there while doing it. Always fun events going around. Managment staff approachable and helpful. Great for students or evening part time job. I miss it and would return if I could
  1. Research Interviewer