Noel Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Avoid
Senior Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 October 2019
I've been with them for over 5 years as a chef.
They became a very bad company last year. This year was even worse.
I was missing money every week, and they were blaming accounts or their clients.
The agents were stealing chefs money as they were trying to keep some for themselves.
I'm still owed money from the beginning of this year (their excuse is that the customer refused to pay them).
Their typical strategy is to promise you a higher rates for last minute jobs. You do the job, pay for the petrol and tolls but you get paid a lower rate :(
Worst ever
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford6 September 2019
9.80ph I think not. For all that potwash/deep cleaning you’d want to be fairly hard up for it. I know that’s minimum wage, but not for all the work you have to do. Serving,food prep, cleaning, and deep cleaning. Among many other things to do.
Didn’t salve Labour go put in 1947!!
Never work here
Absolute gangsters
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 September 2019
Was kitchen porter for noel lots of hours but if u do over time they won't pay u over time they say u have to work in the same unit come on noel group
Awful company to work for
Voice Picker (Former Employee) –  Fonthill Retail Park, County Dublin23 June 2019
Had nothing but issues with money being left short hours they speak to you like dirt id avoid these noel recruitment jobs at all cost its a waste of time
hours are never guaranteed
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick6 June 2019
lets make it clear, if u expect to work monday to friday it rarely happens. Hours are never guaranteed even if you are booked, the client can cancel your shift anytime..no job security at all..some weeks u can left with no hours at all..catering assistant job usually means mopping floors, fridges, cleaning, wash - up..I think agency work is for those who don't need money!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages, hours are never guaranteed
the bigest wast of time ever
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork24 April 2019
Very short shifts (4 hours only), I was asked to travel to Clonakilty to do 4 hour shift for minimum pay. The 'catering assistant' job in reality means kitchen porter.
And be warn, you may wait for your pay for months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Good variety of work
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Galway4 September 2018
I liked how i wasn't always doing the same job or working in the same place every time. The work often varied from kitchen porting to Deli/work to waitering to warehouse work. The hours were also really flexible so they would ring me up at the start of the week to find out which days I was available. The only downside is lack of stability as in some weeks could have a lot more work available than others or I could be brought in at extremely short notice if another worker was not to turn up or call in sick that morning.
Pros
Flexible convenient hours
Cons
Not Stable work
not too bad
Catering / Kitchen ssistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick16 March 2018
not too bad if you wanna work mon-fri daytime hours...to me its a second job to make up hours and I cannot complain much about it. the biggest disadvantage the company does not cover for training (manual handling, food safety) and safety shoes/uniform..so that's additional expenses..and sometimes hard to reach locations but that's it.
the job is busy and you must be hard-working.
however, management is nice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small hours, no cover for courses and shoes
good company
Chef Manager or Chef (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth12 March 2018
irregular hours from week to week
no I D cards which would be beneficial for meeting security on varying sites when you work as relief chef so companies know who you are and who you work for.
Wages and holiday pay is good
no assessment of chefs for skills and knowledge.
Good company,just needs few tweaks to make it great.
Pros
free Lunch.daytime hours, social life, friendly staff.
Cons
irregular shifts and hours
Worse job ever
Loading team (Former Employee) –  Ballitore27 September 2017
Worked for 2 months in Nampak in Ballitore. Horrible management especially the production end. AVOID at all costs. Very poor pay for shift and night work
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, horrible hours
Worst company to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin30 August 2017
This is the worst company to work and the worst position to work. Management of Noel is terrible, they treat you like garbage on this position and you work 24/7, working long hours until 7 or 8 in the evening, no paid overtime, you need to work weekends for no extra money, terrible conditions and you need to reply emails and phone calls all the time, even when you are at home. If you want to have a normal life, please dont apply for this job.
Pros
Ok salary
Cons
Long hours, low bonus, terrible conditions, no overtime, weekend work
a lot of talk but very little action
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Galway Bay, County Galway12 April 2017
they offer loads of promises often jobs they are advertising are already gone and filled so they seem to have a load of jobs but actually none, by using them to get u a job you are bringing down your gross salary so beware if u wondering why you aint getting your wage, done some relief for them a few months back wasnt great again promise u loads of work but realistically very little so take this as another beware,fair enough the idea of relief is in emergency which might be a day or more but do take the offer of loads of work with a pinch of salt, and be prepared for low wages . So all in now you cant depend on them they are an agency......
Pros
promises
Cons
could be waiting a while
Great work life balance
Multi task assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford25 October 2016
Noel Group provide hours at your availability which means it's up to you how to adjust to the right level of work life balance. A great rate of pay and extremely friendly and helpful staff and management. The only down side to agency work is it's not guaranteed and can be very short notice. But overall I would highly recommend them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short notice for shifts
working at Noel
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork6 October 2016
very fast high pace demanding work load, Need to be a multitasker, great team at present. great benefits and salary.location is not the greatest no one know where to find us. has plenty of parking.
chef
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Sligo (Urban), County Sligo5 October 2016
always good working for noel group,ppaid on time,good rates of pay,different locations,aften go back to places(canteens),iv done restaurant work to hotel acting head chef through noel recruitment,i enjoy cooking.
Pros
free lunches, flexible.
Cons
early mornings.
Every day is the same
Voice picker (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 May 2016
Job can be physically demanding sometimes, very boring and i feel like a robot,
It is a job to pay bills until you find something bather and nothing else, very hard to advance almost impossible unless your working there 10+ years.
Pros
sometimes Flexible working hours
Cons
Working 6 days week and finishing around 10pm to 11pm
Dull working environment
Voice Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare21 April 2016
This job was not very enjoyable as I was assigned to the same task everyday. My hours varied each week. I worked alone always as I was a voice picker.
Pros
Cons
cancelled shifts, cut in pay
Pointless
Waitress,Cashier,Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C21 December 2015
Pointless agency worked my socks off doing part time work for 6 months in minimum wage jobs.
Not one interview for a full time job in that time and went months without getting any work from them at all.
They seem to find jobs for polish people in Ireland but rarely help the others.A disgrace.Also wage slips are never guaranteed as I'd sometimes have to ring the accounts section to get them to send them on to me.
I really enjoyed working nice company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D6 December 2015
Noel Group are the best to work with very supportive management and fun work place.light lunch and breakfast support the worker for personal care.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
30mins
Pointless
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kildare21 February 2015
Pointless agency worked my socks off doing part time work for 18 months in minimum wage jobs.
They seem to find jobs for polish people in Ireland but rarely help the irish.
A disgrace.
Pros
it's better than the dole
Cons
they favour foreign nationalists..rarely give people a stable full time job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noel Group. Our community is ready to answer.