NOONAN Employee Reviews

Good
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 November 2019
Good place to work. Really enjoyed working there. Fair pay fair managers, great coworkers. But not enough hours given. Contact doesnt guarantee anything unfortunately.
Don’t expect to be cared about. You are just a number.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry30 October 2019
I work within the retail security sector which can be a bit hard at times. You’re constantly on the lookout for potential thieves, some sites can be harder than others, always scolding customers for doing something that they shouldn’t, can have problems with teenagers etc. Gardai don’t seem to care if you need them, store managers can be awful. Don’t ever expect help from anyone higher up i.e. managers etc as they don't want to know about it, but they'll be quick enough phoning you if they need something (there's an English guy in the Dublin control room who is quite sound very nice guy).
Very abusive management
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  University hospital galway11 October 2019
Wouldn’t recommend working here staff are amazing but management are vile. So many people keep leaving because of this&if u Have mental health DON’T😩
it was my worst job ever
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mitchelstown, County Cork6 October 2019
in the cleaning company, the manager should have at least minimal knowledge of hygiene, including personal, unfortunately it wasn't. waste of time, you won't learn anything here ...
Better stay at home
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Galway22 July 2019
The worse company ever. The management are so rude and doesn't know their jobs but wants to tell you what to do. Always following you around like a little child
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Everything except the money
Horrible place horrible managers
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Galway19 July 2019
New manager that started only 3 months ago in the uhg bullied and embarrassed a trainee because she made a mistake that she was taught to do. Horrible horrible place
Fair employer. Treated me well
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 July 2019
I got paid correctly and on time every time. That matters a lot. The manager and my team were all decent hard working people. We got on well. I was given enough hours each week and left to do the job. Its important to feel trusted.
Pros
Plenty of hours. Paid on time
Colleagues great. Management lousy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Raheen, County Limerick11 July 2019
Great to get on with other colleagues. People make it worthwhile and day go quicker.
Management worst I've worked for. Constantly giving out. Especially site manager. She puts her nose into everything especially when it is unwanted.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management giving out for small things
Good place to gain life expirence
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 June 2019
I cannot say something bad about this company. Physically I am very fit, but at this job you can get very tired at the end of work day. Their are options to work morning, evening and night shifts.
Pros
Salary is paid on time
Cons
Small salary
Life consuming
Facilities assistant (Current) (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 June 2019
A typical day involves doing stupid simple tasks a couple of times due to lack of communication. Management is okay but can treat staff like rubbish and can let power get to their heads, very good if in need of time off or a favor though. Workplace can be hectic but teammates make it worthwhile. Hardest part of the job is having to undo jobs that had just been finished due to management getting things wrong. Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving to go home.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Just only if you badly need a job...
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin6 June 2019
Good start after getting out of the hugs of Social Welfare. Not more not less!
Like probably in most of companies there is US and THEM approach in terms of division between locals and non-locals what makes the second ones working more hard for the same salary. It is called Non Aggressive Hidden Racism.
Management feels like a feudals in their castle what is not easily accessible when needed.
Hypocrisy flourishes and then you feel like only a number on the payroll... Or-commodity...
On the bright side yes - they pay properly and timely,but there is no such a thing like progressive salary,rewarding or bonuses. At least not for those who are not 'chosen ones'....
Cons
Organization and working culture is so-so, Salary definitely could be higher, Moral and ethical values on the working place should be improved.
Very happy working for Noonans
Cleaning Operative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Longford Town, County Longford29 May 2019
Noonan's wage is above minimum rate.

I worked in shops, factories, doctors, solicitors, banks, NCT centre and even a Fire station.
It took me a year and a half to build up my hours from 2 to 15 a week, but now it fits perfectly into my life style, like I'm always there for school runs and afterschool care. As for a single mum of 4 - it's a God sent job.

Area Manager is brilliant and always there for you, she does make mistakes when overtime is involved, or forgets that you asked for a few days off, but we're all just humans. By the way the new Noonan App eliminates all those problems now.

I was always lucky with colleagues as well, so many interesting and lovely people from all over the world - quite amazing.

The hardest part of the job is when people you work for are looking down at you or ignore your existence instead - but that's not Noonan's fault.
Pros
Working hours fit perfectly into my lifestyle
Cons
It took time to build up the hours and eliminate long commutes
Productive and nice place to work
GMP cleaner (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath28 May 2019
I am happy and proud to work in Noonans. Our team is like a family. We time to time get together after work and it's building great relationship with all our stuff. At daily work we work like a team....
And it's independent on a each individual employee how much effort you like to give to your team work....
In our work place we always give the best efforts.
If you are hard worker and give your best, it's workplace for you.
If you are not putting enough effort to your job , then no matter where you work you never be happy....
Horrible
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St Vincent's University Hospital24 April 2019
I am with Noonan 5 years. Simple, just dont..
Management , lol
The hardest part of the job? They still your money, or at least they try
The most enjoyable part of the job. 2:30 when i clock out
Thanks
Pros
Cons
From where to start?
Terrible company to work for
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 February 2019
Terrible place to work.i worked hard was honest and hardworking yet they treat other staff that cant be bothered to do the work better.other staff member allowed hoover own car and sit looking at his phone during working hours .while your left doing everything.when you bring it up your told to just do what your doing.treat you like dirt
Pros
Cons
Wages always wrong
Good Experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cork27 January 2019
Something new i learned a lot i like to do different things went to ware house to retail shops to sports shops for cleaning good experience overall management was good
Pros
no pressure
Cons
early in the morning 5am
Absolutely horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cork6 October 2018
I was hired on with promise of full time hours, which lasted a few weeks. Then for just over a year I was screwed around every week. Holiday pay not paid, my hours disappeared off of my roster. My manager would lie about lack of hours, yet I`d hear back that he`s looking for more people. The sites I worked on were disgusting, staff members leaving fecal matter all over the staff bathroom, the smell in the office. I can`t even begin to describe it. People who slept, and even drank on the job were getting proper hours, yet myself and several others who worked hard were constantly being screwed over. Several times I`d make the journey to work, only to find someone else had been put in my place a few minutes before, and I would have to return home, 12 hours of work taken from me.
Pros
Extra 3 euro an hour on Sundays
Cons
Management, staff, everything. Disgraceful
Goos
Cleaner and Security (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 June 2018
Nice people to work with.
Team work. work mate in all place the sent you to work.
Good management and the listern ther workers.
I can say I enjoy to work with them
Horrible treatment by managment
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Castlebar, Co Mayo5 May 2018
I would not recommend working with Noonan in Castlebar's. Over 5 years of working at this location and I received nothing but disgusting treatment from new management. When I first began working at the company it was great and the benefits were excellent, however, in recent months I found the work unbearable, receiving no thanks for anything, only constant criticism. We would be expected to carry out incomprehensible amounts of work with very poor breaks. Overall I felt completely on edge while working in Noonan's in recent months owing completely to the management as the hospital itself is a nice environment with friendly people, unfortunately, this cannot be related to the employer. It has been a terrible experience, not to mention the high workload and physical nature of the position
Pros
The hospital has a nice atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, Long hours, Terrible management, Almost abusive language
Productive and Lively
Cleaning (construction/general) (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 April 2018
A typical Day at work would be cleaning in Clean Rooms at Intel factory. I got experience of working in a clean room environment with some confined space training. The workplace culture was very lively as there were a lot of people from other contractors there also. The hardest part of the job was it's location as i'm from a far distance.
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
long hours bad salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOONAN. Our community is ready to answer.