Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

Ireland22 reviews
I worked hard at Northern Trust but found the job extremely stressful. The tension at work was palpable. They gave good training but essentially I felt like a number not a person.
A really, really great place to work. Management were very encouraging to staff with training and were very flexible. A really nice environment to work in.
Shocking company to work for. Very poor salary. Salary is not in line with the cost of living. Salary increases can be less than E2K. Management are terrible. Take little interest in the development of employees. If you raise a query about salary, you just get ignored. Employees treated like dirt. There is nepotism and politics ongoing in terms of promotions offered. Everything about the company is miserly. Don't go near the place unless you are badly stuck for a job.
productive and fun workplace .it was very good in all aspects. for example it was good in the aspect of being good. I'm going to miss the good aspects of it being good.
Without a doubt the worse job I've had in my +20 years working.

All about what you've done wrong and never about what you do right.

Very negative environment
Pros
Health care
Cons
Negative
Terrible experience here. I was taken on for Co-op education and I received no training and very little help during my time here. It was my first role in a accounting firm and it completely turned me off the line of work I was studying for.
HR Function is highly specialised to the point that discrete departments working on the same project will show animosity towards one another due to the prevalence of 'us and them' culture.

Job progression is practically non-existent unless you spend 4 or more years in the same role. Salary is below industry standards. Benefits are good.
Benefits
Cons
Poor salary and culture
I worked with NT for many years. In my Control position I had contact with many aspects of the business and I found that It is the people no matter where you go who make the experience for you
Pros
People
Cons
Politics
Very flexible for working families, allows part-time work and provides great support. As a woman they really pushed me to move up rank and provided huge recognition for my efforts and were very quick to promote where necessary
Very good work-life balance, Management is very helpful with training and flexible working hours. Full-time employee encouraged to work from home.

The only problem is that not that much full-time job around their Dublin office.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not many full time role
Stay clear of this company as the culture there is to work all hours even through lunch breaks to meet deadlines which are overwhelming at times ;no appreciation for working long hours and hard work and where career advancement is non existent. Weak management that look their nose down on you and offer no support whatsoever . No wonder there is a very high turnover of staff
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Low pay, long hours and weak managers
Don't treat staff well, looked down on my management with a "just get the job done at any cost" culture. Didn't appreciate hard work or effort. Easily the worst place I have ever worked and most staff talk openly about leaving. No work life balance, pay was poor and no office atmosphere. Advancement nonexistent here
Pros
Hard to find
Cons
Very Poof atmosphere
Poor pay .massive staff turnover.seriously overworked till stressed and you leave.poor training and severe constant monitoring.Management culture dismissive of staff turnover as a employers market at the minute.
Pros
Warm
Cons
Long hours/poor pay/zero staff amenities/one shop for 500 plus staff.
Worked as a pricing analyst in Northern Trust. Most miserable job I ever had. No team spirit between different departments. It felt like we were working for different companies. Interview process takes half a day and very little training offered apart from reading the company policies handbook.
Pros
Healthcare provided
Cons
Poor training, n
Didn't treat interns well, looked down on for the most parts. Didn't appreciate hard work at all but were willing to pull you up on the smallest mistake.
No work life balance, pay was poor and no office atmosphere mixing etc.
NT are a great company to work for management are very polife an understanding. Very professional company TO WORK FOR. You have options to start early finish early . They are a very understanding company but unfortunately there pay isnt great hence i am looking else where
Pros
Work to life balance
Cons
Pay
Come in and do what you're allocated. If this means you work late/through lunch then so be it. You will not be rewarded for these efforts in the long term.

Look Elsewhere
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Salary is awful for permanent staff. Great for Contractors
From my first day I felt very welcome I would think this is a good place to start your career. It is not a very fast paced but everyone is very understanding,
Northern Trust is my dream company to work for. I just cant say enough pleasant things about it. I really love working with all my co-workers in tax department and I will really miss them when my contract ends in February 2016 each and every person has helped me so much in the tax department including my line manager and it's because of them that I have really started to gain a nice bit of self confidence which is something I totally respect all of them for and always will.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
No cons
Deadline driven. Processing trades and commission payments to tight deadlines on a monthly basis. Answering queries and corresponding with other departments, fund managers.
Nice organization ,they provide good training and nice benefits.
Pros
Continuous training
Cons
Non
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Trust Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.
Northern Trust Corp. Reviews by Location