Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,191 reviews
I worked hard at Northern Trust but found the job extremely stressful. The tension at work was palpable. They gave good training but essentially I felt like a number not a person.
Its a good company to work for. Being a financial institution and one of the oldest in US, the pay is good. They are trying to renovate their technology stack. But jobs are being off-shored.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Old and disconnected management.
It is really a good place to work
The work culture is amazing

Not much stressful job

It is flexible

Overall it is the best company to start the career with.
Enjoyed my time at Northern Trust. Helped develop me as a professional. If I did not feel called to education, I would still be employed there. Company is invested in employee engagement.
Jersey City location has the worse Management in the Trust & Investments department. The manager received that position because of favoritism and politics. He has no courage. The manager above him was the Queen of playing favoritism. If you don't have a close relationship with her, she will not promote or even consider you for a promotion. There is no room for growth or opportunities at this location.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lack of growth and opportunities / Unstructured Training
Non-manipulative partners. Nice office environment. Supporting management. Best examined only after working there. Nice benefits package. good location
I work with wrong manager. She is confuse person and never trust to anyone. She was not having management skills. Not sure how she became a manager. I already told to HR and they did not listen to me.
Pros
Nice Bank
Cons
But some managers are not good
Best company for freshers and very good work environment and also good work culture. Encouraged to build our career strongly and helps to grow professionally.
Pros
Culture and opportunities
Cons
No cons
I loved working there when we started but towards the end it wasn't about people it was about numbers. Highmark was the best CEO and knew everyone by name and would engage with the staff. But the one that repleced him was more about numbers than people and that is when it wasn't a family anymore.
Great work life balance and very ethical organization which sets realistic expectations with the employees and gives equal opportunities to the employees .
My 1st day at Tempe NT impressed me with "talk" of workplace culture. I was so excited to make a difference, excited to learn, grow and excel in this new position (alternative investments)! I have an extensive financial background in traditional investments. Sadly though, training is nonexistent. You're expected to ask questing or for help. When you ask for help or have questions, you're treated like scum of the earth for not knowing something you were never trained on-literally yelled at (so that your team can hear you being torn to shreds). Additionally, mgmt overlooks local (Tempe) talent and instead brings subpar folks (with no leadership skills) from Chicago to fill leadership rolls-this will be their demise.
Pros
Partners i worked with
Cons
Management & training
. They do proper management. The best which I like is NT always look forward in regarding women safety. They have good pay scale. They also focus on activities like CR APD
Northern Trust Corporation is a financial services company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois that caters to corporations,institutional investors, and ultra-high net worth individuals. It is one of the largest banks in the United States and one of the oldest banks in continuous operation. Working in NT helps to manage your personal life and work.
Best company to work for. Good work life balance and flexibility. Good people to work with . Only cons is old systems and technology. Need to get updated
Finance. Proactive and forward thinking. Flexible working hours. Good culture. Hardest part is dealing with different offshore cultures and work practices
The Team I worked with was very helpful. The management was also very considerate to any of their team member's needs. There was a little bit of work stress like in every other company
Pros
helpful team
Cons
Very nice culture! There is a work-life balance. The people are nice. There are awards and recognitions. The benefits and salaries are better compared to some other banks.
An ok employer for the most part. They managed to avoid the cycle of making large numbers of people redundant then having to recruit again a year later that seemed to affect many US firms. However, now virtually all operational and client service functions have been offshored out of London.
A really, really great place to work. Management were very encouraging to staff with training and were very flexible. A really nice environment to work in.
Northern Trust is a good organisation for experienced employees.
The work offered is stressful and work life balance is a little low.

The salary offered is better than competitors.
Good and friendly environment and diverse and inclusion good manager and team work is not too stressful and people are friendly and helpful and there is team spirit too