Northgate Public Services

Northgate Public Services Employee Reviews

Ireland4 reviews
Two years service
I would not recommend working for this company. There is no support or security for staff. Management is very poor and very bad to deal with mainly senior screener graders. Staff are treated with disdain and with such a stressful job dealing with patients it's so important to have adequate support. Take my advice and stay looking for alternative work.
I am a very positive individual and also have the capacity to deal with most difficult situations
I am totally responsible for my days work as I work unsupervised so therefore I have to be trusted by management to complete my work to the highest standards, keeping in mind accurate attention to detail and information, working to set protocols and governance as laid out by HSE and Northgate Informatic Solutions, the contracted company that provides the Hearing Screening Service.

I enjoy my role very much communicating effectively with the parents and performing the screening of the newborns.

My work begins at 8pm until 2.30pm for 3 days and if I was to mention the most difficult part of my job it the early rise at 6am but as its only for 3 days I can cope very well .

I love working and consider myself to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have many years of customer face to face work experience and therefore I am not challenged by any problem and feel I have the capacity to deal with any major difficulty that may arise.

I report to management at the end of each day detailing all the work of the day and any difficulties incurred during my daily work.
Pros
Very interactive job and really enjoy working with both mother and babies.
Cons
Early morning start to work
Good company to work for
I worked for the company since screening began and it is very upsetting to see small minded and bigoted reviews, of people who have come in and not really bothered to learn or stick it out.

It takes hard work and dedication to become a good screener and I take pride in my job. We try our best to train those who come in. It adds such pressure to our day, but worth it when a great screener and teammate gets their examination certificate.

The company prides itself on having people who communicate well, are professional and who have a can-do attitude. The pay is competitive for an unskilled role. You do have to train and partake in an exam, so unskilled is not accurate, but no formal qualifications are needed to be recruited. It takes a certain person to leave such catty remarks and perhaps there is reason why they are not working for the company.

I am proud to be a screener and I am glad those who work with me, also share the same positivity and outlook on such a rewarding and demanding role.

We work within the Maternity hospitals and screen on wards and in an outpatient setting. You get to meet many lovely people and it is such a privilege to be present at such a precious time in someone's life. You must have confidence and be very well organised and assertive to do this job. It was improved my confidence since I started. I could never have imagined I could do such a responsible job. Uniform is provided and we have use of all of the staff facilities in each hospital. I love it and I hope to work here for a while longer.
Pros
Part time hours, Policies for leave, Employee Discount Scheme, Incentive Scheme for Screeners, Objectives and Yearly Appraisal, Employee Representation for HR quarterly meetings, flexible management style
Cons
Taking on new screeners who cannot stick out the training, wasting screeners time.
Great company to work for
I worked as a newborn hearing screener for 4.5 years. It is a very interesting job. There is great job security and the company are very flexible. The management team are very efficient and the rate of pay is pretty good. The training provided is of a very high standard. I would thoroughly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Dealing with mums and there new babies, flexibility within the role