NortonLifeLock
NortonLifeLock Employee Review

Good place to start your career

17 November 2016
Nice offices, good working atmosphere, I learned a lot while in Symantec. Not a place for senior level career development unless you have ambition to move to the US at some point. It is a US multinational governed by managers in the US primarily. Top 3 layers of the organisation are in the US the bottom 3 in Dublin. Large organisation going through restructuring for the last 6+ years so job security is flimsy. Nationally diverse employees.
Pros
Benefits, Surroundings, Multi-cultural
Cons
Working all timezones, No career development options for senior employees.
5 November 2013
Same role
Manager (Former Employee) - Dublin
Flexible working hours. I learnt desktop publishing, project, program and development management and finally how to be a leader - all on a global scale. Co workers excellent (engaged) and passionate about the work. Meeting cost reduction and KPI set by VP's is changeling but that is what I loved about the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was the level of respect and professionalism in the team, department and company wide.
Pros
Excellent - Healthcare and pension benefits
Cons
Long Hours
19 October 2020
Associate QA engineer (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
Due to the fast-paced, changing nature of the work, I found myself surrounded by smart, action-oriented problem solvers. Nothing is ever done "by the book" because we needed solutions quickly, so there's a lot of hacking and not much future-proofing, such is life. It was demanding and fun. They gave me opportunities to travel. They also gave me a lot of grey hair.
Pros
Subsidised on-site canteen, paid leaves, up to 25 days PTO, Stock Purchase Plan, Annual bonus & equity, bike2work scheme, taxSaver commuter scheme, many Employee Resource Groups, supportive environment understanding of personal circumstances
Cons
Little to no salary increases on annual reviews, many people are paid below market
15 June 2020
Principal Product Operations (Former Employee) - Dublin
Flexible and great work life balance. Salary was fair with additional annual bonus. Challenging work environment, management were open to suggested changes with a view to improve current processes.
Pros
healthcare, pension, sick pay, annual leave, flexible, work from home
Cons
job security, ever changing management