NortonLifeLock

NortonLifeLock Management reviews

Ireland36 reviews
Flexible and great work life balance. Salary was fair with additional annual bonus. Challenging work environment, management were open to suggested changes with a view to improve current processes.
Pros
healthcare, pension, sick pay, annual leave, flexible, work from home
Cons
job security, ever changing management
We were the true global leader in enterprise security software, with great people and a great culture. However, everything went south when the company was sold off several months ago. Severe job cuts, severely reduced perks and no more culture (unless minimalist and flat can be called a company culture, too). The remaining jobs went from fab to ones that one would not wish upon one's worst enemy, resulting in the aforementioned great people leaving in droves.
Could not recommend Symantec more to individuals.
hard work but great recognition and rewards.

Itd fun abd collaborative, management are understanding ,helpful and fair
The place was a huge warehouse, with very, very little natural light showing throughout the building. Management was not really managing and things were not running smoothly. Very disorganised.
Not a nice time working there.
Symantec was a great please to work the people and management made it all so easy. They recognize people for what the do and want everyone to use there initiative in the work place. Everyone is encouraged to join in on all activities.
Pros
Fun and informative
I enjoyed my time working in Symantec. I enjoyed my work, learnt a lot & worked with a great team while I was there. There was a good work/life balance & I found my managers were always supportive of work progression & were generally approachable.

The biggest challenge was dealing with the near constant senior management change at CEO & leadership level. I worked through 3 CEOs within 2 years which led to a constant changing of policy which ultimately impacted teams.
Pros
Work life balance, subsidised canteen
Cons
CEOs changing often
There were too many changes happening at CEO level and every change had a massive impact down the chain of command. There was no HR department in Shannon in the later years to support staff throughout the changes.
Great company. Wonderful benefits. Good team office culture.

Food café excellent. Great amenities. Great work/life balance

Friendly environment. A lot of long term employees
Pros
Very generous in all aspects
Cons
Middle/Senior Management stagnant. Indifferent to change.
An enjoyable, innovative place to work. My typical day involved up to two hours on the phone with partners, customers, internal and external stakeholders. Significant sales and product training were ongoing, management were approachable. I enjoyed a good working relationship with my peers in a multicultural environment.
Significant time was spent identifying and resolving customers issues, problem solving and interacting on Salesforce, email, cloud sharing platforms, Oracle, Exel etc. Driving and closing sales both direct and indirect were an integral part of my role.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was reaching and exceeding challenging sales/retention targets while solving often complex customer issues. The hardest part of the job was managing the pressures and stresses that are a consequence of the above.
Pros
Well rewarded and respected
Cons
Remote working is a challenge mentally
I enjoyed my time working for the company and making new friends.

I also learned a lot about the use of new systems such as Oracle.

The management are very warm and friendly as well as other co-workers. Some of the perks that comes with the job was good such as the Award vouchers and team meals
Pros
Cons
More emphasis should be placed on their induction process
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NortonLifeLock?
I would recommend anyone to work for Symantec.
I havelearn a lot about ERP system, Salesforces.

The management are very pro.
Everyone is very nice.
I have learn a lot during about IT and especially IT security during the last 5 years. From small/medium businesses, to business critical and Symantec Partners needs and expectations.

The management and colleagues are really helpful and push you forward to achieve your goals.
Pros
Interesting salary and work environment
Cons
No career path nor real trainings which are not Symantec product related
Fast pace but repetitive role. You need to constantly check que Qs and also perform a number of other tasks at the same time.

Great amount of freedom but management does not provide clear guidelines and you need to improvise as you go along.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work on weekends
Flexible working hours. I learnt desktop publishing, project, program and development management and finally how to be a leader - all on a global scale. Co workers excellent (engaged) and passionate about the work. Meeting cost reduction and KPI set by VP's is changeling but that is what I loved about the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was the level of respect and professionalism in the team, department and company wide.
Pros
Excellent - Healthcare and pension benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Symantec is a progressive Company who care for staff and are always looking for better ways to meet and exceed shareholders needs.
Employees are treated with respect and management work hard to retain talented, engaged employees. Hard work and effort is rewarded and employees are allowed to continuously engage in continuous improvement initiatives. Training is encouraged and meaningful goals are agreed and monitored through to completion. The environment is positive and healthy.
There are always opportunities to change course or direction internally and this is encouraged to promote well rounded employees.

Senior Management are actively pursuing change to take this Company to the next level through the Symantec 4.0 program.

I have no hesitation is recommending Symantec as a great place to work!
Pros
Progressive Organisation with good opportunities.
Good team work, excellent management, freedom todo the work required at your own speed. Game room to relax on breaks and a great place to eat lunch everyday. Big responsibilities to make sure the UK and Irish consuemr market got what was needed to help them with their product/s.