Novartis

Novartis Employee Reviews in Cork

Great team spirit with great benefits A very safe place to work with good emphasis on safety first. An excellent work life balance A very good pension and share scheme with private health care.
Pros
Good training. Good pay. Good management.
Cons
An amazing Employer. Excellent Compensation and work life balance. A wonderful employer . Great place to gain valuable Pharma experience and opportunities to expand career.
No future advancement for technical people. Need to be a people manager to move up the ladder. Good work life balance. Bad re politics. Good job security
Great place to work in part due to the people but also opportunities afforded to associates. A significant number of internal promotional recruitment campaigns have been run in the past that have afforded people like myself the opportunity to expand my scope and grow my career. Big fan of sports and social club, well run and lots of good events, and the flexible working conditions. Great place to work.
Pros
Flexible & good working enviroment
Cons
Parking spaces
Typical work day was from 7-3. Learned how to deal with machinery. The manage was down to earth. Dealing with long hours of focus. The communication with the staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Some very good people there, shift work was ok when you got your head around it. Set targets were fair. Benefits and work life balance were good. Always busy
Pros
The People
Cons
N/a
Health and Safety is good but disorganised which delays production and maintenance tasks, nice people to work with but can be confusing with internal politics
A typical day at work was always busy. I learned how to operate million euros worth of equipment across a wide range. Management were thorough and efficient. My Co-workers were excellent. The hardest part were the 12 hour night shifts. The comraderie and the salery.
Pros
Comraderie and salery
Cons
12 hour night shifts
A typical day at work involved starting off with a hand over for our process and making out a schedule for our 12 hour shift ahead with my colleagues. Then we would commence our operations.
-Lean Six Sigma -Statistical analysis of production and manufacture -DMAIC approach used -SMED, OEE and housekeeping projects
Pros
-Applications of Lean Six Sigma
Cons
-6 month placement