Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ireland141 reviews

Nice comfortable environment

Love the team, feels like family and service users are amazing people. Most management are very approachable and work very hard for the company. Very rewarding work

Stressful for staff. Dangerous for service users.

careless management expose staff to dangerous situations and they move on quickly leaving service users to suffer . Only lazy staff stick around who don't look after service users properly

Fast paced, self rewarding.

Fantastic opportunities if you want to develop yourself throughout the different departments. Its broad and has different areas to work in, not only residential.

Very non-inclusive and averse to people from different cultures.

Staff are just numbers with management culture of- OYO -On Your Own. Top - Down management has no interest in developing staff from different cultures, you don't belong culture is very rife. Diversity is on paper not in practice. It's a last resort of a job , however the service users are awesome to work with.

Pros

Nothing to write home about even with the Xmas bonus.

they need to try harder

Okay, as a job to learn on. But after you get a bit of experience, move on to a better company, with proper pay scales/rates. Poor support from management, and MDT don't liaise with floor staff.

Great Teams

Stressful but rewarding role. Great supports offered throughout and work alongside some amazing people. The good days are great and don't even feel like work. The bad days are very difficult. Great plans and strategies in place to get through those days though and generally they are the exception.

It was only good because of your fellow staff members, they made me stay as long as I did

I will firstly say the staff Nua hire are brilliant to work with and will welcome you in like a family. However some PIC are selfish and only think of themselves. That doesn't mean in all houses but the one I was in she was lazy and didn't give any gratitude to her staff and ignore most of the service users by staying in the office all day. The managment made me leave this job and I will advise that this job is long hours and mentally draining. They harrass you when you're not in work which bothered me so much. Be prepared for aggressive service users that can and will physically attack you, you are given training but mostly thrown into the job and left to figure this out through other staff members when management should make sure you're settled. Overall - If you want to gain experience working in a residential setting then yes go for it, be prepared for 12 hours shifts, sleepovers or waking nights. The team will become another family to you if you're lucky to land a lovely house.

Bad Management in some houses. HR need to ask why are so many staff are leaving some houses.

Bad Management across the staff. Bully's in management. Not listening. Not all Nua Healthcare houses are like this but there are a few that are. Some nice staff.

Pros

Cons

No respect

Great management, good staff culture, no sunday pay

Productive and fun workplace. Fast paced and enjoyable. Great place to gain experience in social care. Great development opportunities. Lots of hours with flexible rosters. Hardest part of the job is maintaining work life balance, no Sunday pay is annoying

Pros

Good staff culture, flexible rosters, Great Management

Cons

No Sunday pay or pay scale

Good place to work with good hours can be challenging at times the management were good and the sick pay was good the work was challenging but the roster was completed monthly so plenty of notice

Pros

Going out with clients

Cons

Challenging behaviour

It really depends on what house you are put into and what your role in the company is..

To be honest, a good place to get your foot in the door of social care if you are young. I can't see myself staying long term due to no rise in pay scale, no overtime on Sundays and no room for promotions, which other companies are offering.

Not all bad, but not great either

12 hours shifts are not too bad if you are working in a place with relatively calm service users and with a good team of co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are finishing the shift knowing that no one was hurt that day. The worst thing is that management and the company could not care less about the employees.

Good place to work if your young or have no young kids

Hours are long. Can be very challenging dealing with some of the managers. Staff are great. Great craic had in work with fellow colleges. Residents can be good to work with depending on where u are

Pros

Days out with clients

Cons

Long hours and no wage increase

Very stressful

Very good place to gain experience, you are well trained and they open doors to everyone. I was very much excited at start I loved the job but hey shift hrs are long no proper break, sometimes I'm just worn. I met great people on the floor, really met good colleagues, my management team is good as well very supportive, not always the case at other sites.

Pros

Meal offered

Cons

Long hours, dangerous environment

Highly stressful environment with v little support

Staff are expected to deal with highly stressful situations often times with little team support. Often put into situations that are both dangerous for both staff and client ie a client requiring 2 t 1 support in the community often only having 1 on 1 support. Often going far beyond 40 hours per wk

Can be tough. Great experience. Supportive team..excellent training

Can be tough. Great experience. Supportive team..excellent training. HR always there to answer questions. Pay could be a lot better for the work staff do. No extra pay for Sundays.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Pay

Great place for experience.

Working with this company a long time now, it's great for experience for social care workers/assistant support workers. It can be tough but good support from management.

Pros

Can work over your contracted hours.

Cons

Can be tough.

Great training and great place to work in general the down sides are the low pay and the nature of residential care means hours are long and unsociable times.

Pros

Free lunch. Training. The impact you can have on residents life.

Cons

Long hours Injuries Very hard job with the hours as a single parent Monthly pay

When I started I enjoyed the work for a while but then it got very stressful with different things happening and just very hard place to work

Worked with them for two years and it was a good experience at first but then some nasty things were happening between staff and management and it just made it horrible working vibes

Pros

The experiences and some colleagues

Cons

Long hours and having to work most weekends when others got them off

Some of the team members are productive and fantastic.importantly the service users. I will forever miss.

A place where experience is gathered.Most staff members are burn out and stress Most times they are always short staffed and staff are overwhelmed

Pros

Free Lunch promised at employment. No free lunch

Cons

The long hours is part of the job specifications

Stressful environment, extreme burnout is inevitable

If you value your mental and physical health at all, do not work here. Worked for Nua for nearly 3 years. The management are bullies, most of them are in management because of nepotism in the company. They are disrespectful to staff and expect the absolute impossible of you, asking you to work 60+ hours a week with the promise that there’ll be new staff starting ect. but it never happens and staff are just put under an unhealthy amount of pressure to come in and work unrealistic hours for prolonged period of time. Expected to come in for a day shift and be told you have to sleep in the centre without any warning. Higher management are nothing but a joke. Completely out of touch and have no idea what’s going on on the front line and if they do they just don’t care and should honestly be ashamed. Service users are made suffer because of the needless politics that go on in the company. Frontline staff constantly fighting with management for SU’s rights as they are treated like prisoners, you genuinely have to remind them that they are human beings. Absolutely no support, underpaid and treated like dirt.The only good thing to say about Nua is you meet some incredible people on the floor and you will learn a lot from them.I was very young when I started here and was full of enthusiasm and was really excellent at my job and with the residents, and Nua just took advantage of my willingness to help at any chance I got and wore me down to the point where I was so overworked that my physical health deteriorated so badly that I was hospitalised. They won’t give you a break until -

Pros

Other frontline staff

Cons

The management, the hours, the expectations, the workload, the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nua Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement