Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews

I had a very bad experience working for this company, The office staff were very ignorant and unprofessional. The pay rates are a disgrace .
Social Care (Former Employee) –  County Kildare23 January 2020
This company is run very badly and the staff are not trained enough to deal with their client base. The clients deserve to be treated better and some of them are very dangerous and are allowed the "choice" of not taking their medIcation which is putting staff and clients into a very hard working enviornment and a dangerous one to add.The whole Ethos is to cover the company with the companys insurance covered to the max and put blame on the staff if anything bad happens. Staff are bullied and it is a really bad company to work for
Nua is not for me.
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 January 2020
Unfortunately I didn’t get the kind of social care work I desired in Nua healthcare, I didn’t get the opportunity to give my best. I wanted to work in a residential or day centre setting but did not get that, I only got it as relief once or twice a week.
Productive role, very rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  IE4 January 2020
It was very enjoyable, great team spirit, learning everyday, regarding paperwork and building rapport. Prompting medication on a daily basis, with the customers staff had to watch the medication being taken.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner
Try working anywhere else
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare31 December 2019
No Benefits
The pay isn't enough for the work and long hours your asked to do
We got a 1% pay increase this year, yaaay an extra 15c an hour.
No appreciation for taking the initiative and only the negative aspects seem to be focused on
We have people running out the door, myself included some don't even have another job lined up just want to get free
Long hour's
Assistant social care worker (Former Employee) –  South Cork11 December 2019
Long hour's no extra pay for weekend work, on some service user's 12 hour's in the house without getting out for a drive etc,very hard or can't get a shift covered when something pop's up at home, management do their best, but lack of funding and staff leavingmake it difficult for them.
Run away from this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare6 December 2019
This company shud b shut down from the top 2 the bottom noting but a bunch of bullies no idea how 2 treat their staff overworked and underpaid with no prospects of ever going forward to better yourself.
Avoid
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 November 2019
Work their employees to the max . Not unheard of to do 48 hours shifts or more in a single go while working as a lone worker
There is Not enough training and there is
No support .
No support from management
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cork25 November 2019
Good on floor experience with service users, good co-workers (on floor staff) no support from HR, no Sunday increments, always shortage of staff which leaves staff at risk with dangerous service users, very little work life balance because of working 3 weekends a month, no praise by management for hard work but they would pull you straight away if you did anything wrong.
Good teams = job fullfillment
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Kildare24 November 2019
This is a tough job and the hours are very unsocial, but it can be very rewarding and fulfilling. It all depends on the team you are working with. The main problems are staff turnover and never-ending paperwork.
Assistant social worker (Current Employee) –  Birr, County Offaly15 November 2019
Good place to work. Always work as part of a team. Management helpful at times. Residents well cared for and happy. Staff nice. Helpful and cooperative.
Full of Opportunity
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Cork6 November 2019
I enjoy working for Nua. Teams are positive and Service Users are supported so incredibly well. Its a real privilege to be a part of such a great group of dedicated people.
Full of Opportunity
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Cork23 October 2019
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Birr, County Offaly23 October 2019
Nua is a good place to be part of. They really encourage you to progress and develop. Its a supportive and enjoyable place to be part of. I'm grateful for the experience I'm receiving from my PIC and team in the centre i currently work in.
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tipperary21 October 2019
In my experience, I've been very well supported and staff teams are very good to the Service Users and each other. In the house I work in, everyone is enthusiastic, kind, hard working and truly live the the Company's mission, vision and values. We get alot of support from Head Office and training is very good.
Excellent Company, Excellent Expeirence, Make friendships for life
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Leitrim21 October 2019
I Have worked Nua ,As a Team member For Nua for over four years now, Ive worked in Two diffrent houses with Two large teams...Nua is a Fantastic company,as a Social care worker you will get excellent expeirence, make so many new friends.
The Teams are so passionate in what they do...Service users are always well looked after and it really does feel like one big happy family!
Special Care
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Cork19 October 2019
Truly committed to the people they care for. Overall, the service is great. The managers do everything they can to ensure the service user is fully supported to achieve very positive outcomes