Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ireland87 reviews
Nice company to work for. They have a great ethos in relation to care for people with Mental health ID issues. There is a great management system with plenty of support and there is huge potential for advancement within the company.
I found the company to be quick with interviews and there is loads of hours for the staff, the training was fantastic. No shadow shifts if you are new to this field, did not feel the company safeguarded the staff in terms of aggressive behaviours and how this should be followed up. Shift times sometimes overlapped which adds pressure to get from address to address, long shift to shift with no time for a break. The logistics also sometimes did not make sense, the areas were not always grouped.
Pros
Training and upskilling options available, support with back to college to further qualifications
Cons
Shifts, office staff did not always come back to you regardless of the problem.
Disgraceful company to work for, they take the most complex service users and throw staff who have come from nursing homes and subject them to Assault from the service users, management do not have your backs at all, pay is an absolute joke,people have been seriously injured and not a blink from nua. Staff back stab eachother, if you have an issue management do not help at all, b, it's not an environment I would go back too nor would I want other people to subject themselves to working for nua
Pros
Cons
Assault after assault, poor pay, management do not have your back, subjected to allegations to ruin your career, staff won't have your back either
Staff expected to cover shifts even after a long shift due to the lack of staff. Pay is so low for the work you are expected to do. Often long drives involved for the service users
Cons
I came to Nua in 2017 and have thoroughly enjoyed working for the company in that time. They provide an excellent standard of care to Service Users. Management are very supportive and there are many company perks and benefits available. They also provide excellent training opportunities. I am very happy here.
Extremely poor communication from management.

I enjoyed working with other staff and service users.

My roster was never correct, often changed last minute and they expected me to drop everything on my days off to go work.
great to get experience for the C.V. Dependents on what you would like e.g high , medium and low support. Often hard to see achievements. Not very rewarding
A good place to acquire experience in healthcare sector. They pay fairly but not great pay. The people you work with will determine how comfortable you will be at work.

Be focus.
Lack of support from management and low payment. In many situations, staff are put at danger. This depends on what centre you are assigned to but in high support units you are more likely to be put at risk. It's an excellent way of getting experience as once you stay there for a while, you'll be able to work anywhere.
I left due to family circumstances and the shifts did not now suit. I also feel people should be passionate about their target group and understand it
This company is run very badly and the staff are not trained enough to deal with their client base. The clients deserve to be treated better and some of them are very dangerous and are allowed the "choice" of not taking their medIcation which is putting staff and clients into a very hard working enviornment and a dangerous one to add.The whole Ethos is to cover the company with the companys insurance covered to the max and put blame on the staff if anything bad happens. Staff are bullied and it is a really bad company to work for
Its so stressful to work with Nua as you are caring mentally challenged service users there.But the remunaration is very good.It is very nice care team there.they are always there to help you in any matters.Travelling distance is very suitable for me.
Unfortunately I didn’t get the kind of social care work I desired in Nua healthcare, I didn’t get the opportunity to give my best. I wanted to work in a residential or day centre setting but did not get that, I only got it as relief once or twice a week.
It was very enjoyable, great team spirit, learning everyday, regarding paperwork and building rapport. Prompting medication on a daily basis, with the customers staff had to watch the medication being taken.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner
No Benefits
The pay isn't enough for the work and long hours your asked to do

We got a 1% pay increase this year, yaaay an extra 15c an hour.

No appreciation for taking the initiative and only the negative aspects seem to be focused on

We have people running out the door, myself included some don't even have another job lined up just want to get free
Long hour's no extra pay for weekend work, on some service user's 12 hour's in the house without getting out for a drive etc,very hard or can't get a shift covered when something pop's up at home, management do their best, but lack of funding and staff leavingmake it difficult for them.
This company shud b shut down from the top 2 the bottom noting but a bunch of bullies no idea how 2 treat their staff overworked and underpaid with no prospects of ever going forward to better yourself.
Work their employees to the max . Not unheard of to do 48 hours shifts or more in a single go while working as a lone worker
There is Not enough training and there is

No support .
Good on floor experience with service users, good co-workers (on floor staff) no support from HR, no Sunday increments, always shortage of staff which leaves staff at risk with dangerous service users, very little work life balance because of working 3 weekends a month, no praise by management for hard work but they would pull you straight away if you did anything wrong.
This is a tough job and the hours are very unsocial, but it can be very rewarding and fulfilling. It all depends on the team you are working with. The main problems are staff turnover and never-ending paperwork.
Good place to work. Always work as part of a team. Management helpful at times. Residents well cared for and happy. Staff nice. Helpful and cooperative.