Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at Nua. The manager in my house was fantastic and tried to accommodate all staff needs. It was a nice house to work in.
I left due to family circumstances and the shifts did not now suit. I also feel people should be passionate about their target group and understand it
Not a pleasant place to work, handy to get experience.
Lack of support from management and low payment. In many situations, staff are put at danger. This depends on what centre you are assigned to but in high support units you are more likely to be put at risk. It's an excellent way of getting experience as once you stay there for a while, you'll be able to work anywhere.
I had a very bad experience working for this company, The office staff were very ignorant and unprofessional. The pay rates are a disgrace .
This company is run very badly and the staff are not trained enough to deal with their client base. The clients deserve to be treated better and some of them are very dangerous and are allowed the "choice" of not taking their medIcation which is putting staff and clients into a very hard working enviornment and a dangerous one to add.The whole Ethos is to cover the company with the companys insurance covered to the max and put blame on the staff if anything bad happens. Staff are bullied and it is a really bad company to work for
productive
Its so stressful to work with Nua as you are caring mentally challenged service users there.But the remunaration is very good.It is very nice care team there.they are always there to help you in any matters.Travelling distance is very suitable for me.
Nua is not for me.
Unfortunately I didn’t get the kind of social care work I desired in Nua healthcare, I didn’t get the opportunity to give my best. I wanted to work in a residential or day centre setting but did not get that, I only got it as relief once or twice a week.
Productive role, very rewarding
It was very enjoyable, great team spirit, learning everyday, regarding paperwork and building rapport. Prompting medication on a daily basis, with the customers staff had to watch the medication being taken.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner
Try working anywhere else
No Benefits
The pay isn't enough for the work and long hours your asked to do

We got a 1% pay increase this year, yaaay an extra 15c an hour.

No appreciation for taking the initiative and only the negative aspects seem to be focused on

We have people running out the door, myself included some don't even have another job lined up just want to get free
Long hour's
Long hour's no extra pay for weekend work, on some service user's 12 hour's in the house without getting out for a drive etc,very hard or can't get a shift covered when something pop's up at home, management do their best, but lack of funding and staff leavingmake it difficult for them.
Run away from this company
This company shud b shut down from the top 2 the bottom noting but a bunch of bullies no idea how 2 treat their staff overworked and underpaid with no prospects of ever going forward to better yourself.
Avoid
Work their employees to the max . Not unheard of to do 48 hours shifts or more in a single go while working as a lone worker
There is Not enough training and there is

No support .
No support from management
Good on floor experience with service users, good co-workers (on floor staff) no support from HR, no Sunday increments, always shortage of staff which leaves staff at risk with dangerous service users, very little work life balance because of working 3 weekends a month, no praise by management for hard work but they would pull you straight away if you did anything wrong.
Good teams = job fullfillment
This is a tough job and the hours are very unsocial, but it can be very rewarding and fulfilling. It all depends on the team you are working with. The main problems are staff turnover and never-ending paperwork.
Good place to work. Always work as part of a team. Management helpful at times. Residents well cared for and happy. Staff nice. Helpful and cooperative.
Full of Opportunity
I enjoy working for Nua. Teams are positive and Service Users are supported so incredibly well. Its a real privilege to be a part of such a great group of dedicated people.
Full of Opportunity
Great people, enjoyable job
Nua is a good place to be part of. They really encourage you to progress and develop. Its a supportive and enjoyable place to be part of. I'm grateful for the experience I'm receiving from my PIC and team in the centre i currently work in.
Very Supportive and Interesting Place to Work
In my experience, I've been very well supported and staff teams are very good to the Service Users and each other. In the house I work in, everyone is enthusiastic, kind, hard working and truly live the the Company's mission, vision and values. We get alot of support from Head Office and training is very good.
Excellent Company, Excellent Expeirence, Make friendships for life
I Have worked Nua ,As a Team member For Nua for over four years now, Ive worked in Two diffrent houses with Two large teams...Nua is a Fantastic company,as a Social care worker you will get excellent expeirence, make so many new friends.
The Teams are so passionate in what they do...Service users are always well looked after and it really does feel like one big happy family!
Very Supportive and Interesting Place to Work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nua Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.