Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork8 reviews
Work in the cork religion for 8 months now. I worked in most of the houses in Cork and it’s a really nice environment. Management very approachable and very fair. Fellow Staff numbers are very professional and are so good will on the service users. On my first shift I was showing all their behaviour plans which did use my own anxiety. I was always supported by another member of staff. This line of work you really have to engage youself. I worked in the house in Conna for the first time 2weeks ago. Theres a lot of stories negative stories about this house but I’ve no idea why.. the house was lovely, Service users very nice to work with and staff were friendly. I was asked a lot of questions to the deputy Team Leader at the house and she was so nice explaining everything and very supportive.
Couldn’t fault a thing!
Pros
Management, daily routines, opportunity to grow
Cons
Some shift times can be long, money is basic.
Long hour's no extra pay for weekend work, on some service user's 12 hour's in the house without getting out for a drive etc,very hard or can't get a shift covered when something pop's up at home, management do their best, but lack of funding and staff leavingmake it difficult for them.
Good on floor experience with service users, good co-workers (on floor staff) no support from HR, no Sunday increments, always shortage of staff which leaves staff at risk with dangerous service users, very little work life balance because of working 3 weekends a month, no praise by management for hard work but they would pull you straight away if you did anything wrong.
I enjoy working for Nua. Teams are positive and Service Users are supported so incredibly well. Its a real privilege to be a part of such a great group of dedicated people.
Truly committed to the people they care for. Overall, the service is great. The managers do everything they can to ensure the service user is fully supported to achieve very positive outcomes
One of the first things I noticed about Nua what their commitment to providing all the necessary care and supports to the people receiving services. They are truly committed to the mission and values of the overall service and do everything possible to ensure the service user is fully supported and encourage to achieve very positive outcomes and to built goals into the future. I would highly recommend Nua to any new recruit coming into the industry. The experience gained here is second to none, and their training is really good too.
Work long hours for very little money for what you do, high rate of incidents, lack of support. Expected to do everything, very little support, expected to go to team meetings even if you have just finished nights.