Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews in Dublin

A good place to acquire experience in healthcare sector. They pay fairly but not great pay. The people you work with will determine how comfortable you will be at work. Be focus.
I found the company to be quick with interviews and there is loads of hours for the staff, the training was fantastic. No shadow shifts if you are new to this field, did not feel the company safeguarded the staff in terms of aggressive behaviours and how this should be followed up. Shift times sometimes overlapped which adds pressure to get from address to address, long shift to shift with no time for a break. The logistics also sometimes did not make sense, the areas were not always grouped.
Pros
Training and upskilling options available, support with back to college to further qualifications
Cons
Shifts, office staff did not always come back to you regardless of the problem.
Extremely poor communication from management. I enjoyed working with other staff and service users. My roster was never correct, often changed last minute and they expected me to drop everything on my days off to go work.
great to get experience for the C.V. Dependents on what you would like e.g high , medium and low support. Often hard to see achievements. Not very rewarding
Lack of support from management and low payment. In many situations, staff are put at danger. This depends on what centre you are assigned to but in high support units you are more likely to be put at risk. It's an excellent way of getting experience as once you stay there for a while, you'll be able to work anywhere.
Unfortunately I didn’t get the kind of social care work I desired in Nua healthcare, I didn’t get the opportunity to give my best. I wanted to work in a residential or day centre setting but did not get that, I only got it as relief once or twice a week.
Work their employees to the max . Not unheard of to do 48 hours shifts or more in a single go while working as a lone worker There is Not enough training and there is No support .
I joined Nua in 2018 and from day 1, staff and management were very supportive and helpful. They inducted me and gave me all the necessary training to commence working in the houses. I've worked in a couple of houses across Leinster so far, and gained so much experience during same. I thoroughly enjoy working with Nua and hope to remain here into the future.
I have gained so much experience in Nua Healthcare. I was later in life choosing a career in Social Care, but am so glad I did. I really enjoy my work and get great pleasure from helping people achieve their goals. Nua is so positive and encouraging to its staff and even more encouraging to its Service Users. I love what we do.
The standard of staff experience compared to service users are at the extreme ends of the line with staff taking the negative end. It's galling to see that the company has such capacity to care for others while it stops short of treating staff like anything more than a factory production. Good news is that service users are Treated excellentlygiven optimum
Pros
Great standard of care for service users.
Cons
Appalling standards of service to staff.
Typical day in work is good, good staff teams and service users to work with. It's the people in the office though that treat you awful, my contract meant nothing as it was cut out of the blue. Don't expect to get paid on time either. Simply put, great houses to work in, but horrible company to work for
Pros
Nice people, some days can be handy
Cons
Not getting paid on time, contract not being honoured, talked down to by office staff, might not get a break in a shift if you don't smoke, only received one supervision in eight months
Great team to work with, Good training provided Great learning experience the most enjoyable part of working for this company was making a difference to the clients lives and seeing them improve their life skills. The hardest part of this job was the lack of continuity from management and HR, with regards to changes in shifts, pay related issues.
Pros
A great team of staff on the ground