Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews in Kildare

Kildare15 reviews
This is a tough job and the hours are very unsocial, but it can be very rewarding and fulfilling. It all depends on the team you are working with. The main problems are staff turnover and never-ending paperwork.
Everything about nua healthcare is terrible. The management don't care about the staff. The pay is bad. Constantly called and harrassed into working regardless of hours done.
Pros
Some staff are sound
Cons
They slowly chip away at your soul and spirit the longer you work for them
Working in Nua is enjoyable. The staff are a very special set of people and really care about the Service Users. The houses I've worked in are so nicely decorated and in quiet environments which really helps the service users too. I find the management very supportive of my career goals and also make sure we are equipped with everything we need to do the best we can at our job.
In my experience working for Nua, it has been a pleasure. I left earlier this year after 4 years working for Nua as a result of my husband securing a job opportunity in the USA. During my time in Nua, both staff teams and management were highly supportive of the needs of the Service Users, and employees which I think is very important. It was a fantastic experience and a great opportunity for any new people thinking of getting into Social Care.
Staff at Nua are incredibly dedicated to their jobs. The care and support given to Service Users is second to none. I have worked here for the past 5 years and can say without hesitation, that its the best place I've worked in throughout my entire career in social care so far. Yes, you have some difficult days, but you take them as you come and regroup with colleagues and continue on. Overall I've had a very positive experience here and would recommend it to my friends.
I've enjoyed working here. The job can be tough, but you're aware of that when you choose a career in Social Care. Its also rewarding when you see people improving over time.
Nua has always been a very rewarding place to work. I've seen so many improvements in the people's lives we help which is a real booster. My work colleagues are very supportive, we're like a family.
I have worked with Nua Healthcare for many years. There is great opportunity to progress within the company and you receive ongoing training.
No day is the same in Nua which is exciting and keeps me motivated. Nua are focused on ensuring positive outcomes to residents and it's the centre of everything we do.

Nua is an enjoyable place to work because I feel I can make a difference in people's lives. There are so many great people working here and I have made lifelong friends in the organisation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nua Healthcare?
Making packs for the inductees, checking CVS for the required information e.g. Garda vetting and Qualifications etc.

I learned a lot about recruitment and the tasks and requirements to hire staff to look after the service uses.

Management was always understanding and was very helpful whenever I had questions or quarries about something.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had completed my tasks to a high slandered and the interactions with the other staff
Nua's regional manager in co.Laois area does not have qualifications. Was only promoted due to 6 years employment in Nua. As a PIC they make you work supernumerary. Nua makes you work as frontline staff eventhough you are a manager. Frontline staff can do whatever they pleases.
Pros
Free lunch and meals
Cons
Low pay, under qualified staff and management, no governance
sometime challenging, overall is a very good place to work.
i learned how to deal with behaviour that the challenging

there is culture it is everywhere most organisation hate change.

the enjoyable part of it is that you meet new client every time
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
you have to fight for your hour especially when you don't have contract yet.
Dreadful company. A pure joke of a company. Stay clear if you want to be safe as in not assaulted loads. You will be injured a lot. Management do not care.
I started Nua in 2012, since been promoted twice. Excellent training and the company has funded for me to return to college to do a Degree part time. This is my third year where the company has funded me.

The company has grown vastly in the time I've been there and the continues to do so. Most of all my colleagues have progressed through the management development program.

Plenty of social nights too, Overall great place to work.
Pros
Training and career development
Cons
None that I can think of
From previous experience with this companies HR Dept. I would advise extreme caution when applying for a job, certain of their HR generalists will make promises that are unrealistic or untrue, but in any event will not happen. If you do get employment with this company you will find the hours long and pay not so great so don’t say you were not warned
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no free lunches