Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews in Naas, County Kildare

Naas, County Kildare15 reviews
I begin Nua in 2015 with the mind frame that I would work for a year then leave, 5 years later and I am still here. I have worked in residential and the day services. There have been tough days but the good days ďefinetely outweigh the bad. I have worked with many great teams throughout the years and everyone has each other's back. The service users are fantastic!
This company shud b shut down from the top 2 the bottom noting but a bunch of bullies no idea how 2 treat their staff overworked and underpaid with no prospects of ever going forward to better yourself.
I have worked for Nua Healthcare for the last 18 months. I feel privileged to work with such a dedicated team and I'm proud to work with such a committed team, providing an amazing service to those we are all so privileged to support on a daily basis.

Personally, Nua gave me a real introduction to the social care sector and as the service continues to expand and grow, challenges me and gives me exposure and experiences that motivate me and support my continued growth in my own career.

Nua offers continued training that is second to none and gives all its team members fantastic opportunities to develop within the service.

Every day is different and I am lucky to have the opportunity to work with a great team. I get the chance to meet and work with a diverse group of people from various ethnic/cultural backgrounds. It's also a pleasure to come to work in an environment, although busy and challenging, that can also be one where everyone can enjoy work and have some fun along the way!
I currently work for Nua Healthcare. I have been made feel very welcome since I came to work here. The company morale is high and people are happy working here. Typical day could be anything from working on projects in the office to being out and about at various Nua locations.

There is career progression, management are helpful and easy to work with. The company also provides the best level of training and have invested a lot in courses and training for employees. There are also great benefits provided and HR are constantly adding more great benefits.
If you live near the bungalows. You can work as RELIEF only as wages and benefits are not good. RACISM is rampant in most bungalows.HEAD OFFICE does not care. Many bungalows were close due to investigation and non compliance.
Working with people with disabilities is always going to be tough. Nua provide a great service. The experience you get is up to you when you work for Nua. You need to be willing to learn, ask relevant questions and get stuck in, otherwise you will float along and it will be wasted on you.
You will experience challenging behaviour, end of. it’s not for everyone but it will give you a real sense of achievement and satisfaction when you help someone through tough times.

The PIC’s I’ve met are excellent at what they do and have a lot of responsibility put on them. Higher up the chain is a bit disjointed and decisions are made about centre’s a lot of the time without staff involvement. After all they are the ones working on the frontline everyday.

There is scope to move up the ladder if you wish. Although sometimes positions are earmarked for certain people but they are usually deserving of the post.

Nua is a great first job. Make the most of it and you will get amazing experience and work your way up. You will walk into any social care job with Nua on your CV. If you sit on the sidelines and don’t make an effort to get involved it will pass you by people get bitter if you don’t pull your weight (like everything).
Pros
Great staff teams. Good training.Great experience. Free lunches. Flexible with hours.
Cons
Wages. Higher up making decisions about centre’s without talking with staff.
Great place to work, offers opportunities to grow and learn
Great work prospects

Great support from the clinic

The only thing is the wages; Nua can do well if this is considered
Pros
team work
Cons
wages
The company executives must review the wage of Staff whom have been loyal to the Company as you may find staff who have been in the compay 2yrs + still on 12.11 with no review in wage fourthcoming
Many aspects of the job are challenging but rewarding. Consistency needs to be a key aspect when dealing with challenging behaviours. lack of communication and support during investigation processes
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Salary
It's not bad place to work, much depends on team in location as management keeps away and don't expect much support. It pays bills, you get few days if stand you grounds and roster is known mostly month in front.
Pros
Long roster, steady job
Cons
Management give very low support, clinical as well
A typical day at Nua is totally up in the air. Life is very busy, no time for breaks, lunch, and paperwork out of your ears.
This is a private company and trying to get a good wage is impossible.

Even though Nua is Hse funded, they are reluctant to pay a good wage, and are constantly looking to save money.

The only ones who get well paid are the owners.
Pros
Good team, if your lucky
Cons
long hours, poor pay and no one listens
I think the company is good and looks after people. I think the industry itself is tough but that's to be expected. If you the job's not for you, then leave. Don't complain about the Company. The only fault I have is sometimes the houses can be a bit far removed from the head office in terms of communication.
Pros
appreciation, team spirit
Cons
negative staff attitudes
As a current employee of 5 years, I have advanced from frontline staff into a Management position. The company are very supportive and actively encourage staff to up-skill as they so wish. Everyone I work with has a very positive attitude and are very hard working. Management are extremely good to their staff, we even get 2 staff parties per year. When you work hard, its appreciated. We come together as a team in support of a shared goal; to ensure our service users live the life they choose, as independently as possible and in so far as it ensures their safety is maintained and that is supports their quality of their life.
Pros
appreciation, team spirit, encouragement
Cons
negative staff attitudes -Tell us how you feel, at least that way, if your concern is reasonable, we can do something to address it, as we always have
your dealing with special needs with psychiatric conditions,clients assault staff daily,pay is a very poor considering whats expected,suit ex bouncer,
Pros
free food
Cons
will sustain injuries
Very challenging working environment. Had no complaints other than I felt one was entitled to more money for the job at hand. Long hours but time flew. Excellent co-workers and management.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Rate of pay