Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews for Social Worker

Social Worker61 reviews
Ireland61 reviews
Nice company to work for. They have a great ethos in relation to care for people with Mental health ID issues. There is a great management system with plenty of support and there is huge potential for advancement within the company.
Everything about nua healthcare is terrible. The management don't care about the staff. The pay is bad. Constantly called and harrassed into working regardless of hours done.
Pros
Some staff are sound
Cons
They slowly chip away at your soul and spirit the longer you work for them
I came to Nua in 2017 and have thoroughly enjoyed working for the company in that time. They provide an excellent standard of care to Service Users. Management are very supportive and there are many company perks and benefits available. They also provide excellent training opportunities. I am very happy here.
Extremely poor communication from management.

I enjoyed working with other staff and service users.

My roster was never correct, often changed last minute and they expected me to drop everything on my days off to go work.
great to get experience for the C.V. Dependents on what you would like e.g high , medium and low support. Often hard to see achievements. Not very rewarding
I left due to family circumstances and the shifts did not now suit. I also feel people should be passionate about their target group and understand it
Unfortunately I didn’t get the kind of social care work I desired in Nua healthcare, I didn’t get the opportunity to give my best. I wanted to work in a residential or day centre setting but did not get that, I only got it as relief once or twice a week.
No Benefits
The pay isn't enough for the work and long hours your asked to do

We got a 1% pay increase this year, yaaay an extra 15c an hour.

No appreciation for taking the initiative and only the negative aspects seem to be focused on

We have people running out the door, myself included some don't even have another job lined up just want to get free
Long hour's no extra pay for weekend work, on some service user's 12 hour's in the house without getting out for a drive etc,very hard or can't get a shift covered when something pop's up at home, management do their best, but lack of funding and staff leavingmake it difficult for them.
Good on floor experience with service users, good co-workers (on floor staff) no support from HR, no Sunday increments, always shortage of staff which leaves staff at risk with dangerous service users, very little work life balance because of working 3 weekends a month, no praise by management for hard work but they would pull you straight away if you did anything wrong.
This is a tough job and the hours are very unsocial, but it can be very rewarding and fulfilling. It all depends on the team you are working with. The main problems are staff turnover and never-ending paperwork.
Good place to work. Always work as part of a team. Management helpful at times. Residents well cared for and happy. Staff nice. Helpful and cooperative.
I enjoy working for Nua. Teams are positive and Service Users are supported so incredibly well. Its a real privilege to be a part of such a great group of dedicated people.
Nua is a good place to be part of. They really encourage you to progress and develop. Its a supportive and enjoyable place to be part of. I'm grateful for the experience I'm receiving from my PIC and team in the centre i currently work in.
In my experience, I've been very well supported and staff teams are very good to the Service Users and each other. In the house I work in, everyone is enthusiastic, kind, hard working and truly live the the Company's mission, vision and values. We get alot of support from Head Office and training is very good.
I Have worked Nua ,As a Team member For Nua for over four years now, Ive worked in Two diffrent houses with Two large teams...Nua is a Fantastic company,as a Social care worker you will get excellent expeirence, make so many new friends.
The Teams are so passionate in what they do...Service users are always well looked after and it really does feel like one big happy family!