Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for. They have a great ethos in relation to care for people with Mental health ID issues. There is a great management system with plenty of support and there is huge potential for advancement within the company.
I have worked with Nua for over 4 years. I really enjoy my time working in this company. I started off as a relief SCW and after 2 months I secured a full time contract. Just over one year later I progressed into management. Nua have supported me through my education and progression in the company. I never dread coming into work which I feel is a good sign of job satisfaction.
I begin Nua in 2015 with the mind frame that I would work for a year then leave, 5 years later and I am still here. I have worked in residential and the day services. There have been tough days but the good days ďefinetely outweigh the bad. I have worked with many great teams throughout the years and everyone has each other's back. The service users are fantastic!
The standard of staff experience compared to service users are at the extreme ends of the line with staff taking the negative end. It's galling to see that the company has such capacity to care for others while it stops short of treating staff like anything more than a factory production. Good news is that service users are Treated excellentlygiven optimum
Pros
Great standard of care for service users.
Cons
Appalling standards of service to staff.
Great place to work like any place has good days and bad days. Great opportunity to move if you want a change. They are big on promoting from within which is great if that is what you want. Service users are well looked after.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Better pay needed
Great place to work. Like any job you have good days and bad. Very supportive if you would like to progress or want a change. Service users are well looked after. Staff work hard and get great experience with loads of support.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Wages could be better
Work long hours for very little money for what you do, high rate of incidents, lack of support. Expected to do everything, very little support, expected to go to team meetings even if you have just finished nights.
I have worked for Nua Healthcare for the last 18 months. I feel privileged to work with such a dedicated team and I'm proud to work with such a committed team, providing an amazing service to those we are all so privileged to support on a daily basis. Personally, Nua gave me a real introduction to the social care sector and as the service continues to expand and grow, challenges me and gives me exposure and experiences that motivate me and support my continued growth in my own career. Nua offers continued training that is second to none and gives all its team members fantastic opportunities to develop within the service. Every day is different and I am lucky to have the opportunity to work with a great team. I get the chance to meet and work with a diverse group of people from various ethnic/cultural backgrounds. It's also a pleasure to come to work in an environment, although busy and challenging, that can also be one where everyone can enjoy work and have some fun along the way!
I currently work for Nua Healthcare. I have been made feel very welcome since I came to work here. The company morale is high and people are happy working here. Typical day could be anything from working on projects in the office to being out and about at various Nua locations. There is career progression, management are helpful and easy to work with. The company also provides the best level of training and have invested a lot in courses and training for employees. There are also great benefits provided and HR are constantly adding more great benefits.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nua Healthcare?
Can be sent to any location at any time. Dis-organised management. No fixed hours. Very slow to hire, interview, compete orientation and begin working.
Awful company to work for. There's a "click" among staff members and not welcoming to new members what so ever. As a young woman entering this job culture, I was ignored multiple times when I walked into a new house, and rarely even got a "Hello". Staff members are not welcoming, and the management is by far the WORST i have ever dealt with! Avoid this company at all costs, they're nothing but trouble!
If you live near the bungalows. You can work as RELIEF only as wages and benefits are not good. RACISM is rampant in most bungalows.HEAD OFFICE does not care. Many bungalows were close due to investigation and non compliance.
Working with people with disabilities is always going to be tough. Nua provide a great service. The experience you get is up to you when you work for Nua. You need to be willing to learn, ask relevant questions and get stuck in, otherwise you will float along and it will be wasted on you. You will experience challenging behaviour, end of. it’s not for everyone but it will give you a real sense of achievement and satisfaction when you help someone through tough times. The PIC’s I’ve met are excellent at what they do and have a lot of responsibility put on them. Higher up the chain is a bit disjointed and decisions are made about centre’s a lot of the time without staff involvement. After all they are the ones working on the frontline everyday. There is scope to move up the ladder if you wish. Although sometimes positions are earmarked for certain people but they are usually deserving of the post. Nua is a great first job. Make the most of it and you will get amazing experience and work your way up. You will walk into any social care job with Nua on your CV. If you sit on the sidelines and don’t make an effort to get involved it will pass you by people get bitter if you don’t pull your weight (like everything).
Pros
Great staff teams. Good training.Great experience. Free lunches. Flexible with hours.
Cons
Wages. Higher up making decisions about centre’s without talking with staff.
Poor pay not encouraging for degree holders or young graduate, lot of people use it for training and move to a better organisation, working in nua is not encouraging to build career.
I am with this company for a number of years now and every day is different. I have learned a huge amount while with them and have been able to go back to college with their support. While the hours are long and it can be very busy I have also been given opportunities that I would not have got in other places. If you work hard the career path is excellent and they promote from within all the time.
Great people, very person centred, needs of the su is always to the fore, excellent repetoire of resources and access to MDT. Extensive training provided and CPD is very much encouraged and supported. Great for its systems - there is a clear process for everything with clear lines of reporting and communication. Very organised and caring toward both sus and staff!!!
I have worked with Nua Healthcare for many years. There is great opportunity to progress within the company and you receive ongoing training. No day is the same in Nua which is exciting and keeps me motivated. Nua are focused on ensuring positive outcomes to residents and it's the centre of everything we do. Nua is an enjoyable place to work because I feel I can make a difference in people's lives. There are so many great people working here and I have made lifelong friends in the organisation.
Great place to work, offers opportunities to grow and learn Great work prospects Great support from the clinic The only thing is the wages; Nua can do well if this is considered
Pros
team work
Cons
wages
The company executives must review the wage of Staff whom have been loyal to the Company as you may find staff who have been in the compay 2yrs + still on 12.11 with no review in wage fourthcoming
Many aspects of the job are challenging but rewarding. Consistency needs to be a key aspect when dealing with challenging behaviours. lack of communication and support during investigation processes
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Salary
This company is a great place to gain experience and really make a difference in the lives of people with a variety of different needs. They promote true person centered care and are always striving to support staff in continuing their professional development.
Pros
Benefits and supports
Cons
Some travel required