Nua Healthcare

Nua Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ireland88 reviews
Nice company to work for. They have a great ethos in relation to care for people with Mental health ID issues. There is a great management system with plenty of support and there is huge potential for advancement within the company.
It's not bad place to work, much depends on team in location as management keeps away and don't expect much support. It pays bills, you get few days if stand you grounds and roster is known mostly month in front.
Pros
Long roster, steady job
Cons
Management give very low support, clinical as well
Work in the cork religion for 8 months now. I worked in most of the houses in Cork and it’s a really nice environment. Management very approachable and very fair. Fellow Staff numbers are very professional and are so good will on the service users. On my first shift I was showing all their behaviour plans which did use my own anxiety. I was always supported by another member of staff. This line of work you really have to engage youself. I worked in the house in Conna for the first time 2weeks ago. Theres a lot of stories negative stories about this house but I’ve no idea why.. the house was lovely, Service users very nice to work with and staff were friendly. I was asked a lot of questions to the deputy Team Leader at the house and she was so nice explaining everything and very supportive.
Couldn’t fault a thing!
Pros
Management, daily routines, opportunity to grow
Cons
Some shift times can be long, money is basic.
Making packs for the inductees, checking CVS for the required information e.g. Garda vetting and Qualifications etc.

I learned a lot about recruitment and the tasks and requirements to hire staff to look after the service uses.

Management was always understanding and was very helpful whenever I had questions or quarries about something.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had completed my tasks to a high slandered and the interactions with the other staff
this company don't value staff. They are quick to judge people without giving them a fair chance. Service users can be violent, staff safety and welfare comes last.
Pros
Cons
long hours, staff safety not considered
Where do I start? I've worked as relief staff for the past nine months. Most houses are not too bad although most houses adhere to different policies than the ones NUA have apparently in place. Restrictions are put on the less challenging service users and none on the more challenging ones as they cannot manage their behaviours positively, or are afraid of them so this means service users who are less challenging are more or less bullied,also most the behaviourists who come in to assess the service users behaviour sit in theboffice chatting with staff rather than on the floor with service users. Staff are all quite young and many straight from college and seem to think they can take their ' mean girl' attitudes into the work place with lots if clicks and control over management. I've noticed bullying towards people who are not of Irish decent including comments and talking down to non irish. I've noticed this goes on in most houses I've worked in. I complained about this but nothing has been done. Service users are treated poorly by people who aren't even educated enough to work in this area. Basically company is a joke. I've a level 8 and was getting paid the same as a level 5 whereas my friend is a level 7 and was getting paid more than me, so they pay what they want. No team camaraderie and very bad atmosphere. Glad I left, didn't even put it on my CV. Its horrendous, service users at different levels of the spectrum put into houses together which puts everyone's safety at risk.
Pros
Cons
Management couldnt care less about you, underpaid, racism.
Nua's regional manager in co.Laois area does not have qualifications. Was only promoted due to 6 years employment in Nua. As a PIC they make you work supernumerary. Nua makes you work as frontline staff eventhough you are a manager. Frontline staff can do whatever they pleases.
Pros
Free lunch and meals
Cons
Low pay, under qualified staff and management, no governance
A typical day at Nua is totally up in the air. Life is very busy, no time for breaks, lunch, and paperwork out of your ears.
This is a private company and trying to get a good wage is impossible.

Even though Nua is Hse funded, they are reluctant to pay a good wage, and are constantly looking to save money.

The only ones who get well paid are the owners.
Pros
Good team, if your lucky
Cons
long hours, poor pay and no one listens
I worked for this company for 3yrs, in several locations. ALL were managed poorly, dangerous to staff and clients. The head office lied to me on several occasions, some very serious. I'm a big tall strong fit guy and have 12yrs in social care. Have never felt afraid in my work until I worked for this sham of a company. Advancement comes fast as the good staff leave quickly for better jobs and you are left with a poor team not able to give support when it's needed. So much stuff is covered up to "protect the company" and allegations are rife. Management have no management training and get put into jobs they are not able for and so screw it up at the expense of staff and clients.
AVOID THIS SHOWER AT ALL COSTS.

P.S. good reviews are being posted from head office.
Pros
Cons
Will destroy your career, your confidence and you will get injured.
sometime challenging, overall is a very good place to work.
i learned how to deal with behaviour that the challenging

there is culture it is everywhere most organisation hate change.

the enjoyable part of it is that you meet new client every time
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
you have to fight for your hour especially when you don't have contract yet.
I think the company is good and looks after people. I think the industry itself is tough but that's to be expected. If you the job's not for you, then leave. Don't complain about the Company. The only fault I have is sometimes the houses can be a bit far removed from the head office in terms of communication.
Pros
appreciation, team spirit
Cons
negative staff attitudes
Where do I start ?????? I work in a house with 5 service users , management are very bullying in the house , expect you to take service users out in the community even when they are not in s good place mentality, a clique amongst staff where favourites get a good rosta , told not to report assaults on staff and also find HR STAFF in head office ignorant and bullies and liars promising the moon but not delivering , treatment of staff disgusting , how this house is still open is beyond me.....
Pros
Cons
Bad management, cliques
As a current employee of 5 years, I have advanced from frontline staff into a Management position. The company are very supportive and actively encourage staff to up-skill as they so wish. Everyone I work with has a very positive attitude and are very hard working. Management are extremely good to their staff, we even get 2 staff parties per year. When you work hard, its appreciated. We come together as a team in support of a shared goal; to ensure our service users live the life they choose, as independently as possible and in so far as it ensures their safety is maintained and that is supports their quality of their life.
Pros
appreciation, team spirit, encouragement
Cons
negative staff attitudes -Tell us how you feel, at least that way, if your concern is reasonable, we can do something to address it, as we always have
Started as a social care worker here. Turned me off the profession. Clients assault the workers on a daily basis. Management do not intervene rather let the incidents build up. No control over clients as they want to ensure they let clients live freely and independently even when this is not realistic. Staff treated very badly. Hours vary a lot. Hours can be plentiful and then decreased to very little. Staff maybe prepared to travel nationwide to have decent hours.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners
Cons
Assaults, Poor social care worker wage, bad management
your dealing with special needs with psychiatric conditions,clients assault staff daily,pay is a very poor considering whats expected,suit ex bouncer,
Pros
free food
Cons
will sustain injuries
This is a great company for gaining experience. Depending on the service user you are assigned to, the day or night will vary. The staff that I work with are great and I have learned some interpersonal skills that I think would be difficult to gain in other employment. The management are approachable and accommodating for relief staff working hours. We all genuinely care for our service users but the 12 hour shifts with very little and some times no breaks at all can be mentally and physically exhausting. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the service users and feeling that you are making a positive difference in their lives.
Pros
No day will ever be the same.
Cons
Long shift with little or no breaks
Challenging but enjoyable and rewarding work. This company give you lots of opportunity to progress and flexibility to further your career. Your are meeting professionals everyday who you can learn from and work as part of a team. I built very good relationships with both staff and service users and it was a great life experience.
A typical day of work would consist of usually a 12 or 24 hour. I learned a lot from this job, you are thrown in at the deep end but come up the other end with a very hands on experiences of dealing with challenging behavior. The hardest part of this job i found was little support in challenging situations but had a very good team of work mates.
Pros
Free food throughout the shift
Cons
Very long unsociable hours
Dreadful company. A pure joke of a company. Stay clear if you want to be safe as in not assaulted loads. You will be injured a lot. Management do not care.
I'e learned many skills during my tenure, inclusive of MAPA training, SAMMS, fire safety etc as well as detailed, comprehensive e-learning modules.
As an administrator I work in close proximity to the unit management learning and completing and reviewing required documentation such as personal plans and required HIQA documentation.

Role requires dealing appropriately with behaviors that challenge and aggressive/assaultive behaviours.

Most enjoyable component is facilitating service user growth and supporting them to reach their chosen goals and aspirations.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
salary does not reflect role adequately
I started Nua in 2012, since been promoted twice. Excellent training and the company has funded for me to return to college to do a Degree part time. This is my third year where the company has funded me.

The company has grown vastly in the time I've been there and the continues to do so. Most of all my colleagues have progressed through the management development program.

Plenty of social nights too, Overall great place to work.
Pros
Training and career development
Cons
None that I can think of