NUI Galway
NUI Galway Employee Review

Salary & management issues undermine potential

5 February 2019
I love that NUI Galway is open to supporting community led projects. It allowed me to develop a three month community based project. However this positivity is severely undermined by issues of payments and management.
27 January 2019
Same roleSame location
Lecturer (Current Employee) - Galway
The worst in Ireland for gender equality, NUI Galway needs a serious attitude change at the management level. Although the attitude of individual department heads is supportive, positive and ethical, the senior management policy is often very exploitative. I have had to work without a contract for months and there is virtually no one I can turn to for support. The HR and Research Support Service is very very poor and over subscribed. Students are also exploited financially in many cases. It is simply isn't fair and I came to Ireland giving up my career elsewhere. So much investment is wasted on vanity projects around the university.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Exploitative management and poor services
11 September 2019
Same location
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) - Galway
If you can get a fixed term contract with NUIG, that is great. I am working as a temp, and management don't really see you in wuite the same way as staff who are on grades.
Pros
Near City
Cons
It you are a temp beware, it;s hard to get a full time post.
23 July 2019
Same location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Galway
9-5 Monday to Friday. Fun staff and management.
Learned a variety of molecular biology lab techniques and operation of equipment such as PCR machinery and confocoal microscopes.