NUI Galway Management reviews

Productive and fun workpalce
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway23 July 2019
9-5 Monday to Friday. Fun staff and management.
Learned a variety of molecular biology lab techniques and operation of equipment such as PCR machinery and confocoal microscopes.
Salary & management issues undermine potential
Lecturer in Storytelling and Creativity (Current Employee) –  Galway5 February 2019
I love that NUI Galway is open to supporting community led projects. It allowed me to develop a three month community based project. However this positivity is severely undermined by issues of payments and management.
Exploitative management, despite good departmental heads
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Galway27 January 2019
The worst in Ireland for gender equality, NUI Galway needs a serious attitude change at the management level. Although the attitude of individual department heads is supportive, positive and ethical, the senior management policy is often very exploitative. I have had to work without a contract for months and there is virtually no one I can turn to for support. The HR and Research Support Service is very very poor and over subscribed. Students are also exploited financially in many cases. It is simply isn't fair and I came to Ireland giving up my career elsewhere. So much investment is wasted on vanity projects around the university.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Exploitative management and poor services
Pros and Cons
admin administrator for S.U engineering desk (Former Employee) –  Galway3 May 2018
ups and downs. sporadic hours and somewhat mundane days. especially in the off-peak operiods. but the ability to work on ones own initiative somewhat made up for this but is off-set by the lack of job training and may in fact be more of a syptom of this than a management style.
Cons
limited hours
Grinds tutor
I.T. Grinds Tutor (Former Employee) –  Galway10 June 2014
I was not part of the college professional structure but provided grinds to mainly NUIG students. However I also provided grinds to students in 3rd level GMIT and some FETAC students in programming and data management.