Nurse on Call, part of the Brookdale family

Nurse on Call, part of the Brookdale family Employee Reviews

Ireland9 reviews
fast pace environments with a lot of experience to be gained especially for student nurse seeking to learn clinical experience in community and acute settings.
It's well establish Agency. The salary is low, but the payroll are excellent and answers query switly.
There are lots of facilities to choose from making them very in demand, so you get more shifts.
Nurse on call is a good place to start with and to be continue. If you r living in Dublin its the best agency you can join with and even outside the dublin.
Joined three years ago. Noting but good things to say about nurse on call. Very supportive any time you ring with inquiry.
Great support with your training especially Dan great tuitior.
Love working with NOC . Just need more consistent work year round, due to my professional approach I am asked back to all places I work , so creating my own employment 80% of time.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Not enough work in summer
At the beginning shifts will be plenty but will quickly dwindle especially during summer as student nurses are favoured . Can go weeks without work.
Pros
Good wage when you can get it
Cons
Not enough shifts for amount of people hired
Good working environment with Nurses and fellow Healthcare assistants. Can decide your own days and hours. Can be long days 12 to 13 hours.
Pros
Pick own hours
Cons
Might'nt get every shift
A typical day working for an agency can vary you could have kind nurses or ones who treat you like a slave. The hardest part of the job i looking after someone you can relate to. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is known you have helped that patient. Low staffing levels can put pressure on you working in a hospital but once you have a good management team behind you it makes it that little bit easier.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Long Hours
I would start from 7/8 am. I would start by getting people up out of bed, washing them, fresh clothes and then change beds.
I would assist those who could not feed themselves.

Those who could walk I would take for a walk (weather permitting)

I would then assist with those who could not bathroom by themselves.

I would say the hardest part of the day was not having anything to do with was seldom.

Easiest part of the job is to walk out at night time known the people i was taken care of was tucked up in bed with full bellies, clean beds and fresh pajamas.
Pros
Amazing, hard working staff to work with
Cons
Not having anything to do