O'Neill & Brennan

O'Neill & Brennan Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork8 reviews
Featured review
O'Neill & Brennan selected this as a representative review
I cannot recommend O'Neill and Brennan enough, they helped me get placed on one of the largest sites in dublin which is a long lasting job and were constantly checking in to make sure I was settling in ok. Would highly recommend.

Official response from O'Neill & Brennan
30 January 2020
Great to hear ! Delighted you had a good experience with us. If you ever have any issues or queries we are always happy to help.
They're an absolutely terrible company to work with, i am left short for 5 hours work, they don't pay overtime,they really are a bunch of crooks, terrible bad management, over half my gross weekly wage was deducted, was let go in the end without any reasonable explanation given,theyre a really terrible group to work with, totally untrustworthy
Cons
untrustworthy, pack of bandits
Official response from O'Neill & Brennan
2 October 2019
If you would like to contact our payroll with your query we would be happy to try amend your situation if it hasn't been already. Kindest regards
On starting with this company more then 12 months ago I was immediately made feel welcome and valued. My ability was tested but the training provided was of top quality, it wasn't long before I was up to speed. The culture within the company is great. It is a great place to work and one of my favourite aspects about the company is it puts all its energy into providing the best service to its clients and candidates that it can.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
I have been working for O'Neill & Brennan the last two years and have never had any issues. The atmosphere among the office is upbeat and very positive, all staff work hard but enjoy themselves, never any issues with payments, we're always paid on time and above all, there is a high level of trust placed among workers. If you're an honest hard working person, this company will reward you, whether you work internally or have been recruited to work for a sub contractor.
Pros
High level of trust, good atmosphere, opportunity to progress and further your education
Worked for O'Neil & Brennan A few years back refurbishing the cork court house. Worked as a carpenter inside guttering and then making new and then re-roofing which is my favourite part of my job. Good company to work for always paid on time and correctly not a bad word to say on that subject. When work was finished at courthouse was kept employed at new location at Whitegate refinery and then on to some Super Valu jobs which required a lot of maintenance work which I really like and would like to work in this role again is O'Neill and Brennan has any vacancies
Pros
Good wages good people
Cons
Long hours if you want
never had a problem and management very approachable if there was work available i always had work they looked after me when i needed it.
i would whole heartedly recommend them as a place to work
Comment – 19 October 2017
Thank you for the review. Things are picking up in Cork, hopefully we can get you some more work if required.
Recently contacted this company about a job they advertised. Agreed terms and conditions. Started job within a few days. First weeks pay cheque was way below what we previously agreed. I rang the agent and got fobbed off with small talk and empty promises. Continued working for a few weeks but nothing changed even tho I was now driving a mini digger and concrete finishing the rate was still barely above the minimum wage. I left after 5 weeks. O Neill @Brennan are leeches living off the hard work and sweat of others. Glorified Middle men .
Cons
Bluffers trying to look professional
I really enjoyed my time working for O'Neill & Brennan. I loved the work that i was doing and got on well with everyone working on the site. I learnt a lot of new skills that i will use trough-out the rest of my life. I was very disappointed when the work ran out on the site.
Great Good people to work for.
Building contractors

Based in Little Island.

Job changes early start 8am and finish at 6pm Monday–Friday.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at O'Neill & Brennan?