O'Neill & Brennan

O'Neill & Brennan Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin20 reviews
Featured review
O'Neill & Brennan selected this as a representative review
I cannot recommend O'Neill and Brennan enough, they helped me get placed on one of the largest sites in dublin which is a long lasting job and were constantly checking in to make sure I was settling in ok. Would highly recommend.

30 January 2020
Great to hear ! Delighted you had a good experience with us. If you ever have any issues or queries we are always happy to help.
Job security is poor. Site agents can get rid of you at any stage with little to no excuse, even if you have executed your your tasks to your ability.
Pros
Hours were okay. Money wasn't bad. But money wasn't always right.
Cons
As mentioned above.
30 January 2020
Hi there, great to hear you gave it your all whilst on site working for us. Unfortunately, if it is temp work it would mean not long term work. However if you done well on site and those in charge on site are happy we will always look to get you more work. We always adhere to correct seo rates too. Kind regards
I will recommend this company for all my friends. In all this time that I was working for them I had a good experience and I learned a lot of new things.
30 January 2020
That is great to hear, we are delighted to hear you had a good experience with us. Thank you for the review
I worked for O&B for a number of years on sites and in offices.
They looked after me and always made sure that I was comfortable in my work. Cannot recommend them enough
30 January 2020
Great to hear ! Thanks for recommending us, make sure to stay in touch
Helped me find consistent work after i had gone to other agencies and had been messed around. Staff were very helpful from payroll getting my tax sorted to the labour and trades managers
3 October 2019
Delighted to hear you had a great experience with us ! If you ever need anything else feel free to give us a call.
I worked on various sites across Dublin for a few different agencies and O'Neill and Brennan have by far been the best I've worked for.

They always ensured I was working and happy in my work. The Labour and trades managers were in constant contact with myself as well as my other co workers who were with O'neill and Brennan too.
Pros
Consistent Work and very helpful
3 October 2019
Great to hear ! Thank you for the comment, our L&T department work very hard to provide support and work for all of our workers.
I got in contact with the O'Neill & Brennan professional & Technical team who placed me in a interview within days and I started the new job the following fortnight.

Very helpful and constantly checking up on me to see if I settled in well. Highly would recommend.
Pros
Really helpful staff
2 October 2019
We were glad to help ! We wish you all the best in the new role and if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to get in touch
Great company to work for couldn’t fault them in any way would highly recommend them to any one always on the ball with payments never out off work they make sure ur alri in and out off work place never had any hassle would highly recommended u contact them
1 October 2019
We're delighted to hear you've had a great experience with us !
I contacted O'Neill & Brennan when I returned home from Australia and they where very accommodating and helpful in getting me the right role back in Ireland.

They continue to keep in touch to see how I am doing and would definitely recommend to anyone and especially people making the move home from abroad.
Pros
good personnel
1 October 2019
Glad we could help ! if you ever need any other help please feel free to contact us !
Great agency helping me to find work. Took the time to get to know me and what kind of company I was looking to work for. I am now happy in my new role and would highly recommend
Pros
Staff
1 October 2019
That's great to hear your happy in your new role and glad we could help !
Lovely friendly atmosphere anytime i need to get in touch . Great help from payroll when I had a small query. Enjoyable place to work and would highly recommend
Pros
Salary, staff assistance
2 October 2019
Thanks for the kind words ! we are always here to help as best we can
Good working culture, Great colleagues with a diverse culture.
Good secure work with a number of office locations both in Ireland and the UK. Great Benefits
2 October 2019
Great to hear and we are proud to be supplying Ireland's diverse workforce !
The people at O'Neill & Brennan helped get me sorted with a job.

The people in the Dublin office were so helpful and kept in contact every step of the way.

Highly recommended !
Pros
Quick
2 October 2019
We're glad we could help, if there's any new issues that pop up or even any queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with us !
The app they have is useless it keeps telling me to check my connection as I am typing this I am connected they need to review those apps also they're hard to get in touch with when you want to try and find update in relation to your employment
Pros
Is there one?
Cons
Responding time
1 October 2019
We're very sorry to hear that your experience with our app wasn't satisfactory. Our app has been redeveloped since and we hope you will give it another try.
worked many many years with onb .
when things are going well they are great ..when not going well they don't answer phones or deal with the problem in hand

carpenter rates would be on the lower end of the scale but in all fairness holiday pay and and overtime are paid

saying that they are probably one of the better agenc5
Pros
come and go as you wish
Cons
very hard to get hold of Labour managers
2 October 2019
Thank you for your kind comments and with regards your issues hopefully they have been resolved. We always try to answer any questions or queries the best we can. If you would like to get back in touch please do. Kindest regard.
Low pay rates compared to industry in general. They have little or no regard for employees. Letting them go with no notice. They avoid to find permanent position keep people on short term zero hours contracts.
Pros
Free to leave
Cons
low pay rates. Treat employees badly
Day shift work. Very busy,you can work every day if you want,including public holidays also. Lots of job in Dublin and Co.Dublin. Salary is perfect. Work mate is ok,no problem.You can do owertime also if you want and work weekend too.
Pros
Cons
Hard job
O'Neil and Brennan are a job agency supplying labour into the construction industry, at the time I worked for them work was in good supply so I was happy with that, and your wages were paid on time every week, no complaints there, never met the management, as far as workplace 'culture' is concerned, one building site is much the same as another, the hardest part of the job was when a forman was appointed who was fresh out of uni. and did not know one end of a hammer from the other, Typical day eight till four, most enjoyable part of the job was some devastating craic with the lads.
my typical day was working with blocklayers
the hardest part was working in cold weather

enjoyable part was payday haha

i learned how to mix cement.

the management were ok
Pros
learnt alot
Cons
saturday work
Work in Crock Park is easier than Electric Picnic and the supervisors are kind with the cleaners.

They payed a lot of hours, but with errors and no answered the questions to all cleaners.