O'Neill & Brennan

Ireland39 reviews
Featured review
O'Neill & Brennan selected this as a representative review
Very Professional got placed quick
I cannot recommend O'Neill and Brennan enough, they helped me get placed on one of the largest sites in dublin which is a long lasting job and were constantly checking in to make sure I was settling in ok. Would highly recommend.

30 January 2020
Great to hear ! Delighted you had a good experience with us. If you ever have any issues or queries we are always happy to help.
False advertising
I know two people that went for dumper driving jobs, both with tickets and safe pass up to date etc., and were put on shovels on the ground for a week and then told they weren't needed. Appalling behavior in this day and age.
2 October 2019
We would never false advertise a position, however some sites vary and a number of factors may have been at fault for that particular case.

We can assure you that if you apply again this will not be the case. Kind regards
Terrible to work with
They're an absolutely terrible company to work with, i am left short for 5 hours work, they don't pay overtime,they really are a bunch of crooks, terrible bad management, over half my gross weekly wage was deducted, was let go in the end without any reasonable explanation given,theyre a really terrible group to work with, totally untrustworthy
Cons
untrustworthy, pack of bandits
2 October 2019
If you would like to contact our payroll with your query we would be happy to try amend your situation if it hasn't been already. Kindest regards
Excellent Company To Work For
On starting with this company more then 12 months ago I was immediately made feel welcome and valued. My ability was tested but the training provided was of top quality, it wasn't long before I was up to speed. The culture within the company is great. It is a great place to work and one of my favourite aspects about the company is it puts all its energy into providing the best service to its clients and candidates that it can.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Excellent organisation to work for
I have been working for O'Neill & Brennan the last two years and have never had any issues. The atmosphere among the office is upbeat and very positive, all staff work hard but enjoy themselves, never any issues with payments, we're always paid on time and above all, there is a high level of trust placed among workers. If you're an honest hard working person, this company will reward you, whether you work internally or have been recruited to work for a sub contractor.
Pros
High level of trust, good atmosphere, opportunity to progress and further your education
Enjoyable people lots of different sites good wages
Worked for O'Neil & Brennan A few years back refurbishing the cork court house. Worked as a carpenter inside guttering and then making new and then re-roofing which is my favourite part of my job. Good company to work for always paid on time and correctly not a bad word to say on that subject. When work was finished at courthouse was kept employed at new location at Whitegate refinery and then on to some Super Valu jobs which required a lot of maintenance work which I really like and would like to work in this role again is O'Neill and Brennan has any vacancies
Pros
Good wages good people
Cons
Long hours if you want
No respect for employees
Low pay rates compared to industry in general. They have little or no regard for employees. Letting them go with no notice. They avoid to find permanent position keep people on short term zero hours contracts.
Pros
Free to leave
Cons
low pay rates. Treat employees badly
Perfect
Day shift work. Very busy,you can work every day if you want,including public holidays also. Lots of job in Dublin and Co.Dublin. Salary is perfect. Work mate is ok,no problem.You can do owertime also if you want and work weekend too.
Pros
Cons
Hard job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at O'Neill & Brennan?
great place to work
never had a problem and management very approachable if there was work available i always had work they looked after me when i needed it.
i would whole heartedly recommend them as a place to work
Comment – 19 October 2017
Thank you for the review. Things are picking up in Cork, hopefully we can get you some more work if required.
Not Steady Work
This company is not very reliable, they not only sit around and fire you without notice they also don't count your wage right. When you ring them up with queries they brush you off and tell you only what they want you to know. They go through a lot of people in a short space of time and have no empathy for anyone as long as they can make money off you they will keep you around. Overall underpaid unappreciated worker.
Cons
Fire you with no notice, bad management and low standards.
productive and fun place to be.
O'Neil and Brennan are a job agency supplying labour into the construction industry, at the time I worked for them work was in good supply so I was happy with that, and your wages were paid on time every week, no complaints there, never met the management, as far as workplace 'culture' is concerned, one building site is much the same as another, the hardest part of the job was when a forman was appointed who was fresh out of uni. and did not know one end of a hammer from the other, Typical day eight till four, most enjoyable part of the job was some devastating craic with the lads.
Unprofessional
Very unprofessional left me waiting for 35 minutes for an interview asked me to sign forms that I couldn't even read! Said they would contact me about the job and never did!
enjoyable workplace
my typical day was working with blocklayers
the hardest part was working in cold weather

enjoyable part was payday haha

i learned how to mix cement.

the management were ok
Pros
learnt alot
Cons
saturday work
Little regard for employees
Recently contacted this company about a job they advertised. Agreed terms and conditions. Started job within a few days. First weeks pay cheque was way below what we previously agreed. I rang the agent and got fobbed off with small talk and empty promises. Continued working for a few weeks but nothing changed even tho I was now driving a mini digger and concrete finishing the rate was still barely above the minimum wage. I left after 5 weeks. O Neill @Brennan are leeches living off the hard work and sweat of others. Glorified Middle men .
Cons
Bluffers trying to look professional
Brillant
The best agency I have ever worked for. Never any issues. Each day is a new challenge. My skills have grown in several areas which has enhanced my career.
Pros
Many
Easy Work
Work in Crock Park is easier than Electric Picnic and the supervisors are kind with the cleaners.

They payed a lot of hours, but with errors and no answered the questions to all cleaners.
Decent employer
All I can say it was a job, some carpentry work and laboring, it was fine. Monday to Fridays 8 to 5. Always paid on time once a week.
Productive and hard working
I really enjoyed my time working for O'Neill & Brennan. I loved the work that i was doing and got on well with everyone working on the site. I learnt a lot of new skills that i will use trough-out the rest of my life. I was very disappointed when the work ran out on the site.
Good.
Great Good people to work for.
Building contractors

Based in Little Island.

Job changes early start 8am and finish at 6pm Monday–Friday.