OpenText

OpenText Employee Reviews

Work in OT for less than a year and enjoy my time there. It is a slow paced environment with their own challenges and issues but overall I met and work with great talent. There are people who are engaged and genuinely want to make it a better place to work. They are true people managers there and it was refreshing to see that. The company organization and structure itself is rather confusing at first but after a while you settle down.
Pros
great leadership team
A lot of good people working at OpenText Cork that makes the day that bit more enjoyable. There ca be a delay getting fixed in regards to the building unfortunately.
This company is a total joke: Management is so terrible, there is no ressources/knowledge base at all, no proper trainings... Do not count on your manager to help you as the managers there don't have any idea of what their own team does.
Good work/life balance ...that's about it... Company tries to save every penny so you can imagine that anything that cost their money will not be even considered.Forget about progress.No training ,R&D is a joke,no one follows any processes,no SLA how customers are still paying for maintenance is beyond me.
Since I have joined Opentext , I have learn a lot and every day I am gaining bonus for my knowledge and this would help in the futur no matter where it would be here or somewhere else.
Pros
meeting new people
Benefits
A typical day at work includes a lot of downtime as we are currently low on the amount of work we have available. The hardest part of my work is the micromanagement I'm seeing lately as I have to report to three different people about my work. The most enjoyable part of my job is how relaxed the environment is in the office and how they're not so strict with their employers
Pros
Working 39 hours a week, relaxed environment
Cons
Night shifts can be tough, lack of proper management
I was working afternoon shifts which really wasn't good for my personal life. Even though I was only there for 6 months I was still able to be a positive part in the social committee.
Pros
free coffee, the social committee
Cons
no management or direct colleagues in the building for me