Otter Products Employee Reviews

Bad
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MO9 July 2019
Underpaid and under staffed. No respect for women in this company. There is no real teamwork. Owner is awesome and extremely smart but has no backbone.
Otter Products
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, CO11 April 2019
Otter Products is a great place to work if you are interested in temporary work. But there is little hope of being hired on. I enjoy my coworkers and the atmosphere.
Pros
Fun and energizing atmosphere, ergonomic stretches and excersizes twice a day, steady hours, free online courses to advance career
Cons
Short breaks, negative feedback with little affirmation of a job well done, strict management, lack of autonomy, treated as cattle at time, extremely hard on the body, sleep schedule for first shift takes away family time (shift: 4:45am-3:15pm), physically and mentally draining
A Nice Short Term Job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO11 March 2019
The work is not very challenging, and pays well for what your doing. The average day starts with a meeting with the warehouse team where jobs for the day are assigned. The jobs for temporary employees are running the cold seal machine, picking, or sorting tickets.
None of the jobs require much though but do require consistant hard work. With that in mind your not going to hurt yourself on the job and your co-workers can be a lot of fun.
Good reliable company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CO24 January 2019
They have able amount of overtime and the leads take care of their employees.
They are a laid back environment, but also expect you to earn your pay and spot on the team.
Challenging opportunity to help a growing company
Director of Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO1 January 2019
I was hired for a company of 20 that had not been profitable.

My mission was to take their newly engineered products to SE Asia for sourcing. My background was well established as being successful in this area and thus my charter was well defined if not extremely challenging to implement.

Workplace culture was small and not entirely structured but malleable enough to succeed once I was able to hire some support staff and spend time sourcing in China.
Pros
Successful in terms of objectives and profitablity
Cons
Working for a firm that had not been entirely manufacturing, but engineering and assisting the transition
Work hard, play hard
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO3 November 2018
I've worked at Otter Products for a little over a year, starting as a temp. I have found my immediate managers to be supportive and encouraging in assisting me grow toward my career goals. Expectations are clear and guidance is offered to assist people in meeting those expectations. Career development opportunities are available, as is advancement, as long as an employee is an active participant in reaching their goals (nothing is handed to you).
Pros
Career Development, Benefits, Perks
You had fun, while getting your job done.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO7 October 2018
Most people loved their work. The atmosphere was wonderful, and the whole company was a "team." Managers were flexible, and understanding. If you tried, and used common sense, you were golden!
Fun place to work. Moving up is very political,
Shipping Clerk and Floor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, CO3 October 2018
The environment is great, most of the people are awesome. They strive to create a workplace with dedicated hard working employees. It definitely helps that employees receive a direct portion of the profits for being a part of the company.
Pros
paid lunches, great nenefits
Cons
Too much hand holding. Scared to let go of toxic employees.
OtterBox has changed so many times it's really hard to feel secure in your job or role
Configure to Order Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO3 October 2018
In an attempt to keep up with other innovative notable businesses, OtterBox has continually changed its mission and objective to remain relevant and "cutting edge." The CEO changed three times during my time with the company and along with those changes, the overarching objectives and deliverables also changed which led to a generalized feeling by employees that their employment was not secure. I was also bullied by one of my Directors on the phone with an HR rep in tow for doing something I was directed to do by my direct manager and while I was heard during this phone call, it affected my career until I left the company. I won a flying Otter with this company for founding a department which moved their retail packaging from overseas to here in the US and in the end what I really took away from this job was sleep deprivation, hypertension, and a growing general paranoia that if I didn't leave I was going to be fired.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Continually change promotes a lack of job security
Material Handler
Floor to CTO Stage Director (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lupton, CO6 September 2018
fun active work environment, was very happy working there. The people are genuine and very pleasant to work with. Would highly recommend to anyone interested in working hard.
Management needs serious work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredrick, Colorado26 July 2018
I lost my job because they wouldn't verify (via cameras or other employees) that a temp employee lied about me not doing my job. And ultimately took my job.

When he was to clearly gain from lying about me.

After 4.5 years they took a temp by his work over a full time employee.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
No job security, poor management
Otter Products is a great place to work
Data Scientist & Analytics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO18 July 2018
They try very hard to be inclusive of people. They pay a fair wage and adjust it if necessary. The people are really great.

The only downside is the management within the company isn't proactive about finding a path for you to rise within the company. It's encouraged to get education, but there's not really a structure in place to help people achieve more within the company itself.
Good
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Firestone, CO9 July 2018
Days can be busy or super slow depending on the day and time of year. Days can be fun or bad depending on the work and people. I enjoyed company events because the company does value all its employees.
Pros
Wonderful Company
Cons
Not all manage goes by the company values
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 June 2018
The work involves a lot of fabrication and modification of prototypes, mixed with a lot of CAD. It is a chill, flexible environment.
The work culture is really important here.
Too much so for me.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Great place to work with a bit of Nepotism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO7 June 2018
OB is awesome, but there is no stability, There are sweeping changes that happen quickly, there are IT problems that go unsolved for months at a time. As a Customer Service Agent my work relied on the customer and you would be penalized for calls that go into lunch or past your clock out time.

If you want to advance, you have to brown nose hard and most managers stay in position for may years. Certain associate managers are much better than others and inflexibility with College student schedules is the reason I left.
Pros
Soda fountains everywhere
Cons
Nepotism
Not for everybody
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CO1 May 2018
Job is great for people who don't like change. If your working in the call center, you will have the same conversations all day every shift. If you don't mind being active, being tired to your desk all day would be a breeze for you.
Pros
Job culture, benefits, discounts
Cons
Call center, rude customers, very repetitive
Productive, fun workplace environment
Senior CAD Designer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 January 2018
Otter Products (Lifeproof) has been one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my career. The culture is friendly, cooperative and encouraging. The pace of work can be high at times during the year but the people here know how to play hard as well to maintain balance. You never know when someone will instigate a spontaneous Nerf war, always in good fun.

The work is challenging but not overwhelming. Camaraderie is at a high level and everyone is encouraged to contribute to all aspects of the job. Many company activities occur throughout the year that are geared towards rewarding successes on both a team and individual basis.

Management is very pro-active in listening to the employees and is very serious about taking corrective measures to address any issues that arise. An internal survey is used to gauge various aspects of the work climate on an annual basis. From that and other metrics the senior management acts quickly to improve and maintain a happy environment. Management is quick to provide positive feedback at every opportunity.
Managers share information regarding the company's market position and overall health throughout the year.
Pros
Coffee, breakfast and snacks are provided daily. Many lunches are provided as well.
Cons
Long hours during limited times of the year.
World class company with great morals and a fun atmosphere
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO2 January 2018
Honestly, OtterBox couldn't be a better place to work. They pay you more than fair and create a wonderful atmosphere. Going to work everyday was fun and I genuinely enjoyed my job and helping others!
ONLY company I have ever worked for that encourages Nerf Guns and a turn in the slide!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO9 November 2017
Great place to work! Great People! Great Values!
Hours are flexible, work with YOUR personal life/schedule.
Company focus is on the EMPLOYEES! And who DOESNT want to be an OTTER!
Best Place I have ever worked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO19 May 2017
Otter Products goes well above and beyond what I ever imagined an employer would. Amazing benefits and its a really fun place to work. I wish I could have stayed but I had to leave to take care of myself I had gotten out of a bad relationship that damaged my work performance and health also leaving me in debt. Some day I hope I can come back. I will forever treasure the relationships I made working for Otter Products.