Overstock

Overstock Employee Reviews

Top Class Tech by the Beaches
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sligo1 July 2019
Fantastic company to work for with the attitude and technology that you'd come to expect from the top tech companies around the world. I moved from a city job with a very good company to get back to the West coast and I'm 100% happy with the move.

Day to day work involves rapid development and deployment of well thought out features over a number of microservices. We get regular feedback and guidance from key stakeholders. Decisions on any new technologies we'd like to try are made within the team. Great attitude within the team. We also work well with other teams as needed and management are extremely open and honest in their decision making.

For me the best part of the job is the honest focus on employees having a good work-life balance and enjoying their time at work. Lunch times often include a dip in the Atlantic or a long run through the trails. Definitely worth consideration and you may be surprised at the quality of life and work available away from the big cities.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Flexibility, Strong Tech
Cons
More tech companies in Sligo would be great
Relaxed but productive environment.
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sligo30 June 2019
Overstock Ireland is a wonderful place to work. It has a laid back, collaborative environment with a big focus on continuous learning and development. As an intern I was given the opportunity to start working on real stories very quickly, while still not being under pressure and learning at my own pace. I was also given the opportunity to work on multiple teams to get experience in different areas.

The tech stack is very interesting and cutting edge and there is an encouragement to explore new tech applicable to a project. I finished my internship having gained a lot of experience in current and in demand technologies.
Pros
Relaxed, supportive atmosphere.
Cons
Sligo is a beautiful but small town and may not be for everyone.
Great workplace with cutting edge tech and real work life balance
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo11 June 2019
Relocating to Sligo town from a much bigger city for the role in Overstock Ireland was a big decision in itself. After working at my current role here for over a year, I could say without a shadow of a doubt that it did definitely pay off.
The perks of living in a smaller town such as less traffic and cheaper accommodation closer to the office is a big advantage on its own. However, this is foreshadowed by what Overstock Ireland had to offer.
The tech stack overstock uses is really challenging and cutting edge. Being strong advocates of microservice architecture, CI/CD and containerized apps(docker, k8s) we are not limited to using one programming language and dev teams have freedom in using whichever language/framework they desire.
Overstock Ireland provides a great work-life balance. We have very flexible hours, flexible work schedules and a relaxed work culture most people envy.
The management is quite open and transparent and is easily approachable. The management team with most of them having a technical background has scaled well in their current roles. In where ever they are lacking we could see that they are making a sincere effort to improve.
The most I enjoy about the role in Overstock Ireland is the opportunity to learn something new every day. I am learning something new every day.
Pros
Cutting edge tech, real work life balance
Cons
The salary isn't as high as in big cities such as Dublin, however the difference in the living expenses and accomodation makes up for this.