Overstock
Overstock Employee Review

Back to highschool

1 June 2019
When you go through training they only teach you their way of talking to people, and don't really teach you the way to handle problems when they come up, and most of the time is spent playing games and having cook events and it all seems like they really are a fun workplace. But then class ends and you get thrown out on the floor with basically no knowledge. You are supposed to just learn as you go, but when you need help all you get is told do whatever the customer is asking even if it's not the right thing to do. If you suck up to the right people you will go far even if you aren't a good agent. But even if your a great agent and your stats speak for themselves it doesn't matter unless your in with the right people .
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Club o bonuses.
Cons
Everything else .
23 August 2020
Apprentice Software Developer (Current Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
21 August 2020
Office Manager (Current Employee) - Sligo
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area. There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people
20 August 2020
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
It is always great to work in a company where people don't force you to work for extra long hours and appreciate your work which can be found in this company. Management is very helping and instead of stressful life you will have a relaxed competitive life in which you can learn from your co-workers and people instead of stopping you from using/trying new tech will appreciate doing so.
Pros
job security, friendly environment, outgoing people, work from home
Cons
not in a big city, less salary when compared to dublin