Overstock
Overstock Employee Review

Excellent Culture and Great People

19 August 2020
Overstock is a fun and challenging place to work. There is a heavy emphasis put on life-work balance. The management are approachable and friendly and place a lot of trust in the team to get the job done on their own accord. Extra training and self improvement is encouraged and the business is very transparent in their success or failure, recently success! I would recommend Overstock to someone who is looking to progress their career in tech while living somewhere with loads to offer.
Pros
Life work balance, career progression, free coffee
23 August 2020
Apprentice Software Developer (Current Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
21 August 2020
Office Manager (Current Employee) - Sligo
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area. There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people
20 August 2020
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
It is always great to work in a company where people don't force you to work for extra long hours and appreciate your work which can be found in this company. Management is very helping and instead of stressful life you will have a relaxed competitive life in which you can learn from your co-workers and people instead of stopping you from using/trying new tech will appreciate doing so.
Pros
job security, friendly environment, outgoing people, work from home
Cons
not in a big city, less salary when compared to dublin