Overstock
Overstock Employee Review

Fantastic Office Environment

23 July 2019
I really enjoy working for Overstock. There's always a great atmosphere in the office. Culture is taken very seriously. Life/work balance is hugely encouraged.
24 July 2020
Software Developer (Current Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
I have worked in Overstock Ireland for over a year now. I have found it to be a brilliant company that offers the opportunity to learn everyday. There are always resources available such as books and training options, however you are also exposed to a variety of projects and domains regularly. There is a heavy emphasis on work-life balance and the company also focuses on success through diversity and culture. There are groups dedicated to empowering and promoting women in technology. I'm really enjoying my time here so far.
20 July 2020
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) - Sligo City Centre, County Sligo
I have been working at Overstock in Sligo office for more than a year and It is a good place to work with great minds. People here are very smart,collaborative and willing to share/guide with such humility. Office culture is amazing thanks to the management. They really understand the value of Trust, Life Work Balance and actually respect that. Here I can clearly see the extra miles they go wherever possible to make Overstock a better place for work and they are genuinely interested in employees' well being. I feel fortunate working at Overstock.
20 July 2020
Development Team Lead (Former Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
The office atmosphere is one of the best I ever experienced. When I joined the office for the first time, I had an awesome reception and I felt part of the team since day one. The office lives following a set of core values, and management make sure that everyone is having a good time while delivering value. Several business areas and domains are being developed in the Irish office and the collaboration with the US office is also very smooth.

Teams are composed of groups of 4 to 6 members and they're free to decide things such as the tech stack and development methodology, this enables the team to grow organically.

The office is situated at Sligo Town, Sligo offers a lot of outdoor activities, but there's virtually no public transportation.
Pros
Teams are free to decide methodologies and tech stack
Cons
Sligo might not be for everyone
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overstock. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9