Overstock
Overstock Employee Review

Great office atmosphere

20 July 2020
The office atmosphere is one of the best I ever experienced. When I joined the office for the first time, I had an awesome reception and I felt part of the team since day one. The office lives following a set of core values, and management make sure that everyone is having a good time while delivering value. Several business areas and domains are being developed in the Irish office and the collaboration with the US office is also very smooth. Teams are composed of groups of 4 to 6 members and they're free to decide things such as the tech stack and development methodology, this enables the team to grow organically. The office is situated at Sligo Town, Sligo offers a lot of outdoor activities, but there's virtually no public transportation.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Teams are free to decide methodologies and tech stack
Cons
Sligo might not be for everyone
7 August 2020
Same roleSame location
Development Team Lead (Current Employee) - Sligo
Overstock is a wonderful place to work, learn and be inspired by others to challenge yourself. It is very people-oriented with a strong focus on its culture. The tech stack is cutting edge so you are always getting exposed to the latest tech. Teams have the freedom to try new ideas and are supported if they encounter issues. The different guilds and chapters allow for strong cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing. The new office is very nice and in an excellent location. Football, yoga, running and other activities are enjoyed at lunchtime. Very happy to be part of it.
23 August 2020
Same location
Apprentice Software Developer (Current Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
21 August 2020
Same location
Office Manager (Current Employee) - Sligo
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area. There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people