Overstock
Overstock Employee Review

I wouldn’t reccomend

31 May 2019
This company doesn’t care about their employees they hire people with disabilities and even cancer and then when they use their point and call out make them feel lik they have to quit or fire them I used to love it when I first started so much help and recognition for employees then they started just firing people agents and supervisors you never know if your job is in jeopardy or not you have to me kissing manage,ents butt to get anywhere in the company and then they can also demote you for any reason they feel necessary or fire you they send out overtime which of course no one minds working overtime extra money but if you don’t sign up they sign u up for whatever hours they want and make it amdatory you get there fo your shift and a couple hours in they make it mandatory overtime so you worker longer than your normal shift with no advance knowledge or anything just bam that same day you now are working overtime there is no support for reps on the floor oh did i mention they fired a bunch of people and then gave everyone free hours (floating holidays) as they call it overall the company has become a joke pays well but not enough to live on either
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
23 August 2020
Apprentice Software Developer (Current Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
21 August 2020
Office Manager (Current Employee) - Sligo
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area. There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people
20 August 2020
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
It is always great to work in a company where people don't force you to work for extra long hours and appreciate your work which can be found in this company. Management is very helping and instead of stressful life you will have a relaxed competitive life in which you can learn from your co-workers and people instead of stopping you from using/trying new tech will appreciate doing so.
Pros
job security, friendly environment, outgoing people, work from home
Cons
not in a big city, less salary when compared to dublin
  1. I wouldn’t reccomend