Overstock
Overstock Employee Review

20 July 2020
I have been working at Overstock in Sligo office for more than a year and It is a good place to work with great minds. People here are very smart,collaborative and willing to share/guide with such humility. Office culture is amazing thanks to the management. They really understand the value of Trust, Life Work Balance and actually respect that. Here I can clearly see the extra miles they go wherever possible to make Overstock a better place for work and they are genuinely interested in employees' well being. I feel fortunate working at Overstock.
4.0Job security/advancement
1 July 2019
Same roleSame location
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) - Sligo
Fantastic company to work for with the attitude and technology that you'd come to expect from the top tech companies around the world. I moved from a city job with a very good company to get back to the West coast and I'm 100% happy with the move. Day to day work involves rapid development and deployment of well thought out features over a number of microservices. We get regular feedback and guidance from key stakeholders. Decisions on any new technologies we'd like to try are made within the team. Great attitude within the team. We also work well with other teams as needed and management are extremely open and honest in their decision making. For me the best part of the job is the honest focus on employees having a good work-life balance and enjoying their time at work. Lunch times often include a dip in the Atlantic or a long run through the trails. Definitely worth consideration and you may be surprised at the quality of life and work available away from the big cities.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Flexibility, Strong Tech
Cons
More tech companies in Sligo would be great
23 August 2020
Same location
Apprentice Software Developer (Current Employee) - Sligo Town, County Sligo
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
21 August 2020
Same location
Office Manager (Current Employee) - Sligo
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area. There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people
  1. The best place to work in Sligo. Management is really good and transparent. A place to learn the technologies you desire and enjoy work life balance.