Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews

Overstock is a fun and challenging place to work. There is a heavy emphasis put on life-work balance. The management are approachable and friendly and place a lot of trust in the team to get the job done on their own accord. Extra training and self improvement is encouraged and the business is very transparent in their success or failure, recently success!

I would recommend Overstock to someone who is looking to progress their career in tech while living somewhere with loads to offer.
Pros
Life work balance, career progression, free coffee
Management does not care to see you succeed. Their workforce is not fair and does not care to work with people and their lives outside work. You get treated unfairly unless you made it in with the “in-crowd” the only good things working there are the company stand ups and they do things for the employees every so often.
Overall need to be much more transparent on policies as well as procedure of how to do things. The way to go about having changes made or feeling welcome or "allowed" to say what you really think feels a little strained at times. Overall not a bad job though.. much worse you could do for minimum wage
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.
Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area.
There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people
It is always great to work in a company where people don't force you to work for extra long hours and appreciate your work which can be found in this company. Management is very helping and instead of stressful life you will have a relaxed competitive life in which you can learn from your co-workers and people instead of stopping you from using/trying new tech will appreciate doing so.
Pros
job security, friendly environment, outgoing people, work from home
Cons
not in a big city, less salary when compared to dublin
Overstock is a wonderful place to work, learn and be inspired by others to challenge yourself. It is very people-oriented with a strong focus on its culture.
The tech stack is cutting edge so you are always getting exposed to the latest tech. Teams have the freedom to try new ideas and are supported if they encounter issues.

The different guilds and chapters allow for strong cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing.

The new office is very nice and in an excellent location. Football, yoga, running and other activities are enjoyed at lunchtime.

Very happy to be part of it.
I have worked in Overstock Ireland for over a year now. I have found it to be a brilliant company that offers the opportunity to learn everyday. There are always resources available such as books and training options, however you are also exposed to a variety of projects and domains regularly. There is a heavy emphasis on work-life balance and the company also focuses on success through diversity and culture. There are groups dedicated to empowering and promoting women in technology. I'm really enjoying my time here so far.
I tried to get in contact with someone regarding disability accommodations when I started my employment with Overstock. After 2 months of persistent inquiries, I finally got my paperwork. By then, medically necessary hospitalization and absences made me subject to termination. I quit before I was fired. If you have any type of disability that requires ADA support, do not work here.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Overstock?
I have been working at Overstock in Sligo office for more than a year and It is a good place to work with great minds. People here are very smart,collaborative and willing to share/guide with such humility. Office culture is amazing thanks to the management. They really understand the value of Trust, Life Work Balance and actually respect that. Here I can clearly see the extra miles they go wherever possible to make Overstock a better place for work and they are genuinely interested in employees' well being. I feel fortunate working at Overstock.
The office atmosphere is one of the best I ever experienced. When I joined the office for the first time, I had an awesome reception and I felt part of the team since day one. The office lives following a set of core values, and management make sure that everyone is having a good time while delivering value. Several business areas and domains are being developed in the Irish office and the collaboration with the US office is also very smooth.

Teams are composed of groups of 4 to 6 members and they're free to decide things such as the tech stack and development methodology, this enables the team to grow organically.

The office is situated at Sligo Town, Sligo offers a lot of outdoor activities, but there's virtually no public transportation.
Pros
Teams are free to decide methodologies and tech stack
Cons
Sligo might not be for everyone
I worked there 6 years ago. i don't remember much about working there. it was hot and a fast paced job is all that i remember. didn't stay there long at all.
It's an excellent company to work for, they have nice offices. Great people to work with. Good opportunities to grow, transparency and technical excellence.
I worked in many placed and this was by far my favorite. I loved everyone that was there and I am coming back now that my at home set up is compete. Great company and great goals!
Pros
Fun
Cons
some dont like it
Great pay being a picker/packer. The management is horrible. Very unorganized and confusing at times. Overall i can the money was good, I began work when the racks was still being put up.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Had the freedom to identify and deliver solutions to ensure the company objectives were being met. Company was very busy at numerous times trying to identify strategies to grow.
Working at overstock really helped me build my customer service experience. I enjoyed the people I worked with. They have great trainers there to teach you and to make sure you feel comfortable before getting on the floor
Lots of lies, no communication, nepotism is at an all time high. Broken promises. "Supervisors " who don't work. HR refused to assist in supervisor change
I've been with Overstock for over 10 years in various positions and their current leadership within retail is, by far, the strongest it's ever been. If you work hard, stay positive (yet realistic) you will love it
Overstock is an excellent place to work, you get the opportunity to learn and grow in a comfortable environment. There is a lot of work put into culture and work/life balance to make sure people are making the most of time at work and home.

I really enjoy the people, the new office and the work that I do. Overstock acknowledge efforts and are always helping you achieve your personal career goals.
Decent pay. Great benefits. Lots of lip service about inclusion, work life balance, etc. Zero real focus at the top. No mentoring or guidance. Flawed financials. A ruderless ship. No real mission.