Overstock

Overstock Employee Reviews

Overstock is a fun and challenging place to work. There is a heavy emphasis put on life-work balance. The management are approachable and friendly and place a lot of trust in the team to get the job done on their own accord. Extra training and self improvement is encouraged and the business is very transparent in their success or failure, recently success! I would recommend Overstock to someone who is looking to progress their career in tech while living somewhere with loads to offer.
Pros
Life work balance, career progression, free coffee
One minute the managers tell you how great you are, the next they are down your throat for not being 100% positive about every aspect of your job. The time off system is an utter joke! You cannot take weekends off, instead you must find someone to trade you days to make up for the weekend day off you need. Management us very cliquish! Training is awful and does not prepare you for the aspects of the job. The overall customer service is horrible. I work there and I would never shop with them! I would NOT suggest this company to anyone who wants work life balance or any type of positive work environment.
Pros
Met great co-workers
Cons
Awful clique management style
This company is generous with benefits. But they do not have exceptional managers and many people leave the company because its "crazy" literally what they expect vs what they give. The expectations do not match the delivered results of how they treat employees.
Pros
gold investment, 401K match, Employee assistance program
Cons
no flexibility in schedules, lack of management optimism
Overstock truly care about their employees and the growth of employees, it is a great company that I can stand behind. I have no complaints about the culture and how helpful everyone is in helping front line representative to succeed. I have learned valuable customer service lessons. My typical day is answering support questions via email and phone.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
More vacation time
This company is harshly strict with attendance, including breaks. When in the call center you will be marked down for not taking your breaks at the exact time you’re scheduled, even if you’re busy on a call with a customer. They use the point system for attendance and I was fired for getting my wisdom teeth removed, even with a doctors note that it was an essential surgery. They moved us to work from home with COVID but provided no computer or compensation for having to get WiFi.
Pros
Lots of spirit weeks
Cons
Pay, management, time off, compensation
I enjoyed my experience at Overstock. My technical and manager support was 5 star. Both customer and employees needs were top priority. Great place to work.
Pros
In office many potlucks and company parties with gift give away.
Cons
In house training for 3 days can turn into weeks. Long commute.
I was excited to get hired, but the job wasn't what it was supposed to be and didn't have the intended outcome management expected. Due to poor management regular lay offs are common occurrences.
Pros
Building was awesome
Cons
lack of concern by management, lack of growth
I went into Overstock knowing what I was using it for. I'm not trying to make it a career. I'm simply just using it as a second job to boost my savings account. Customers will be customers so just hang in there.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
It was a great company to work for. The employees are some of the best people in the whole world! I enjoyed the 10 years that I was working there. thanks Overstock!
Management does not care to see you succeed. Their workforce is not fair and does not care to work with people and their lives outside work. You get treated unfairly unless you made it in with the “in-crowd” the only good things working there are the company stand ups and they do things for the employees every so often.
Overall need to be much more transparent on policies as well as procedure of how to do things. The way to go about having changes made or feeling welcome or "allowed" to say what you really think feels a little strained at times. Overall not a bad job though.. much worse you could do for minimum wage
I started working in Overstock last September, nearly a year ago as an Apprentice Software Developer. Overstock management has my Work-Life and Education easy for me as they understand my circumstance and are willing for to accommodate me in both work and college. If I have any issues when I am not at work when I am in college. If I contact the IT support, my issues are resolved at the fastest of manners.Life at Overstock is brilliant, every employee is full of care and willing to help one another when there are problems. In my circumstance the Overstock office is situated in a perfect location in Sligo.
Pros
Relaxed paced environment
I really enjoy the relaxed environment of the Overstock, and it took me a while to get used to this way of working, coming from a fast paced environment in the service industry. They really put the emphasis on Trust, and it works both ways, especially now we are working in the "New Normal". The atmosphere in the office is a fun one and everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes it really easy to settle in, especially if you are new to the area. There is always an opportunity to learn and develop your skill set.
Pros
Life Work Balance, meeting new people
It is always great to work in a company where people don't force you to work for extra long hours and appreciate your work which can be found in this company. Management is very helping and instead of stressful life you will have a relaxed competitive life in which you can learn from your co-workers and people instead of stopping you from using/trying new tech will appreciate doing so.
Pros
job security, friendly environment, outgoing people, work from home
Cons
not in a big city, less salary when compared to dublin
Overstock is a wonderful place to work, learn and be inspired by others to challenge yourself. It is very people-oriented with a strong focus on its culture. The tech stack is cutting edge so you are always getting exposed to the latest tech. Teams have the freedom to try new ideas and are supported if they encounter issues. The different guilds and chapters allow for strong cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing. The new office is very nice and in an excellent location. Football, yoga, running and other activities are enjoyed at lunchtime. Very happy to be part of it.
I have worked in Overstock Ireland for over a year now. I have found it to be a brilliant company that offers the opportunity to learn everyday. There are always resources available such as books and training options, however you are also exposed to a variety of projects and domains regularly. There is a heavy emphasis on work-life balance and the company also focuses on success through diversity and culture. There are groups dedicated to empowering and promoting women in technology. I'm really enjoying my time here so far.
I tried to get in contact with someone regarding disability accommodations when I started my employment with Overstock. After 2 months of persistent inquiries, I finally got my paperwork. By then, medically necessary hospitalization and absences made me subject to termination. I quit before I was fired. If you have any type of disability that requires ADA support, do not work here.
I have been working at Overstock in Sligo office for more than a year and It is a good place to work with great minds. People here are very smart,collaborative and willing to share/guide with such humility. Office culture is amazing thanks to the management. They really understand the value of Trust, Life Work Balance and actually respect that. Here I can clearly see the extra miles they go wherever possible to make Overstock a better place for work and they are genuinely interested in employees' well being. I feel fortunate working at Overstock.
The office atmosphere is one of the best I ever experienced. When I joined the office for the first time, I had an awesome reception and I felt part of the team since day one. The office lives following a set of core values, and management make sure that everyone is having a good time while delivering value. Several business areas and domains are being developed in the Irish office and the collaboration with the US office is also very smooth. Teams are composed of groups of 4 to 6 members and they're free to decide things such as the tech stack and development methodology, this enables the team to grow organically. The office is situated at Sligo Town, Sligo offers a lot of outdoor activities, but there's virtually no public transportation.
Pros
Teams are free to decide methodologies and tech stack
Cons
Sligo might not be for everyone
I worked there 6 years ago. i don't remember much about working there. it was hot and a fast paced job is all that i remember. didn't stay there long at all.
It's an excellent company to work for, they have nice offices. Great people to work with. Good opportunities to grow, transparency and technical excellence.