Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews

Overstock is a fun and challenging place to work. There is a heavy emphasis put on life-work balance. The management are approachable and friendly and place a lot of trust in the team to get the job done on their own accord. Extra training and self improvement is encouraged and the business is very transparent in their success or failure, recently success!

I would recommend Overstock to someone who is looking to progress their career in tech while living somewhere with loads to offer.
Pros
Life work balance, career progression, free coffee
I've been with Overstock for over 10 years in various positions and their current leadership within retail is, by far, the strongest it's ever been. If you work hard, stay positive (yet realistic) you will love it
Overstock is an excellent place to work, you get the opportunity to learn and grow in a comfortable environment. There is a lot of work put into culture and work/life balance to make sure people are making the most of time at work and home.

I really enjoy the people, the new office and the work that I do. Overstock acknowledge efforts and are always helping you achieve your personal career goals.
Decent pay. Great benefits. Lots of lip service about inclusion, work life balance, etc. Zero real focus at the top. No mentoring or guidance. Flawed financials. A ruderless ship. No real mission.
Very political. Favoritism was all over the company. If you didn't know someone in a high-level role you wouldn't get promoted. I really liked my coworkers.
Events and Benefits were Top Notch. Work life balance was ideal. Merit increases and career growth opportunities were minimal. Future of the company seems unstable.
Stressful environment, paid lesser, no work life balance, night shift, poor management.
I have faced lots of critisism there due to work culture they have.
If you want to work for a company that disrespects you, has racist management, does not pay you for overtime, and treats non management employees with no regard, then this is the place for you! What a joke! They expect you to put in 50-60 hours a week but only pay you for 40 hours. They have problem with managers making racist comments , call it joking around!! They act like they are doing you a favor by letting you work in their substandard environment! Save yourself and do not apply here! Horrible company!
Pros
Lunch break and clocking out!
Cons
Poor management, lackluster pay, long hours, racist treatment.
The overstock culture is amazing. The people you work with end up being tour best friends. We have team chats and they are very open to everyone being individuals and having their own problems. However the bad is they dont really offer bonuses anymore, they hardly give our raises and life continues for everyone.
Assist customers to the best of ability, constantly yelled at and treated less like a person. Management does not care about there employees or if they succeed, not a place to work if you like being treated like less of a person
Built chairs, bedframes, tables, and moved matresses. This place is a store and has a good fair priced furniture in stock. They are new but have started strong in the business
It was a coo job I like it it was just that they ain’t have enough work. I was basically unloading truck for items that people sent back and I would process em so that they could get resold
for those with strong technology or data analytics backgrounds, overstock is a great place to work on impactful projects with opportunities for advancement. if your skillset lies outside of those areas, you may have a different experience
some great and talented people, with great resources, and a purpose to create interesting content. the process and approval ended up not utilizing a lot of the talent there. There were a lot of extra hands in places not needed, creating a lot of time trying to find something to do. While the set team how too few hands and were always stressed and overworked.
I worked here 5 years and I’ve never been treated so poorly, the upper management only cares about their popular cliches and their hidden speak easy while those of us who actually work are taken advantage of or laid off.
Good company to work for. Training was excellent and taught you everything you needed to know to assist customers. Management was always there to help out when needed. Good company and products.
There is Easy to work and everything easy they pay ok too but people need to grow up as worker and find what's better for our life,I still work over there and I like my job but is too far from where I live at,that's the only one reason I want to find something closed to me..
Working here will suck your soul from your body. Would not recommend anyone ever work here unless you are DESPERATE and it’s temporary only. Almost all the people I worked with are gone and they all regret the time they poured into this awful company.
Company says they promote home/work balance unless it’s a holiday and then they’ll cut half the employees after Black Friday not a great place to work
Geen klagen over de firma. Heb er ongeveer 2 jaar gewerkt. Enigste reden van vertrek was de afstand dat ik moest afleggen van en naar het werk.
Pros
Collegiale sfeer
Cons
Geen vakantiedagen in de zomer
Mandatory overtime the entire Summer and now during the major holidays
Regular employees are being punished by Management and HR's incompetency of not being able to hire and keep employee's.

It's a known fact in a call center business if you stop hiring you might as well close your doors permanently due to the high turnover.

You also need to change your point system, you hire people with issues that are clearly explained during the interview and when they have to go for treatments or other reasons you fire them due to occurring absenteeism, and of course you call it job abandonment.

This isn't the military. New hires do not get their schedule until after the 4th Week, how do you expect someone to stay if they don't know their long term schedule, and you expect them to work any days and any hours.

Your PTO needs to be over hauled and doubled to accommodate real life issues and you need to treat your employees with the same compassion the employees treat your customers.