Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews

Overstock is a fun and challenging place to work. There is a heavy emphasis put on life-work balance. The management are approachable and friendly and place a lot of trust in the team to get the job done on their own accord. Extra training and self improvement is encouraged and the business is very transparent in their success or failure, recently success!

I would recommend Overstock to someone who is looking to progress their career in tech while living somewhere with loads to offer.
Pros
Life work balance, career progression, free coffee
I worked here for a little over a year and only ever got to be a tier 3. I advanced to that tier in 6 short months and never had an option for advancement due to reasons that only had to do with the business itself. I was also on the safety committee and they kept cutting our budgets for fun things. That we well deserved for the line of work.
Low pay at. Start at $13 for anything cross trained throughout the wearhouse exception to becoming a forklift/eletric pallet jack operator. However love the coworkers and managment. Great place to learn basic wearhouse experience and gain certifications to help get paid more somewhere else.
Great place to work! Nice managers and great facilities. My co-workers were great. Lots of advancement opportunities. My only regret is leaving, for what seemed like a better job. Hindsight is always 20/20.
When you finally get what was promised over a year earlier, surprise! No pay raise whatsoever. Despite the fact that you are doing the duties of about three people.
Promise to move into other positions but not from customer service to Administration unless from Utah. Did advance in customer service fast to stall out in 9 months.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at overstock but they are heavily strict on tardiness, I was enjoying my time there and everything but I was late by only 5 minutes and they ended up firing me over that. If you can dedicate ALL your time to this place then it's certainly the place for you but if you're a student or a part of anything that may interfere with work? Definitely wouldn't recommend. Managers only care about your numbers and attendance, you're not a person to anyone there.
I enjoyed my job for many years but was always worried about being included on the next employee layoff list. I never felt job security due to the amount of layoffs or re-organizations that took place during my employment at Overstock. Way too many lay-offs which always happened so unexpectedly. I was thankful that I lasted as long as I did! I must add that I loved all of my co-workers and the company culture was spectacular at one time.
The hardest part of working at Overstock is the constant change in executive leadership. Execs are also unwilling to pay competitively then gasp when people leave. Unless of course you have a connection then the promotion and raise comes whether you deserve it or not. I know, it happens at every company but that doesn't mean it should. There are many perks of working here though: onsite gym, daycare, dental, barber and massage therapist, 401(K), flexible schedules and a relaxed dress code. But perks mean little when the direction of the company changes so much. When one day Overstock is on one path and the very next we've changed gears completely. How can associates trust executives when the path is never clear and the leader is always changing? When nepotism rules? Many execs are clearly trying their best but they're also just drinking the cool aid of whoever is in charge. Overstock is still grasping to be this great company but falls short again and again. Points for trying? It does get hard to stay motivated in a climate like this with the promise that it will get better.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Overstock?
The policies are out of the ordinary for work flow mandatory overtime, required work 6 days a week in the winter, 50-60 hour work weeks in the winter. metrics weren't conducive to a balanced work flow. mediocre training lots of inconsistencies when it came to direction.
I was in constant fear of losing my job and always heard upper managenemt talking about agents on the floor . It was a upsetting atmosphere. It was like being on pins and needles . I loved helping cuswtomer over the phone but the team leaders made it very hard to concentrate on work.
The company gets a lot of bad rap but there are some really talented people there that have a chance to change things around. I wish they hadn't had to lay off so many people last year. It really put a sour feeling to my tenure. I don't like the way the blockchain teams are treated seemingly more favorably to the retail teams. However, a lot of cool amenities. They really do have some amazingly smart people and it can be a really fun place to work.
I love working for Overstock , they take care of there employees. This is the second time working for overstock and they accepted me right back. Overstock is an amazing place to work.
Overstock is a great place to get your foot in the door with e-commerce. However, once you feel yourself advancing, growing, and ready to take on next-level challenges and responsibilities, it's best to leave. You're more likely to find career advancement elsewhere. While you're there, you might work very hard, do a great job, and still never recieve recognition or positive feedback from your superiors, who are too busy trying to be liked rather than respected.
the management is awful... just don’t work here.
You never know if you will be laid off. You dont know what executive will hire a relative to fill a position.
Pros
building, gym, on site dr
Cons
management
Very good company to work for. They treat you very well, the managers are understanding and helpful, work load is fair, they encourage you to work hard but do not micro manage you. The only complaint is that they do not give raises unless you are promoted, regardless of your productivity. Generally fantastic place to work.
This is a wonderful place to work, but the opportunities for advancement are few and far between. Management loves to tell you things in such an obscure way, they never tell you anything at all.
Training was the best part of the whole job, however they did not allow you to do many of the potential phone calls you would receive on the floor. Coworkers were great, management was amazing, but customers 7 times out of 10 were brutal.
I LOVED my job there, so much, I went back for a second time. Great people, they just decided to go away with the PMO. They gave me a great opportunity to grow and learn, and that's what really matters.
Pros
Great building, great cafeteria, some of the best people around
The company would hire temps in addition to their regular personnel. Each year, there was a concern about lay-offs. Later on, it was vaguely known that the company was seeking to find a buyer for the retail division that I worked for, causing apprehension about job future.... then I was laid off and eventually replaced with a temp.
I am responsible for a team and i enjoy the people that i work with. I like my EA and i love some of the events that we get to go to. They go out of their way to ensure that we have fun.